Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > My Comments/Rant About the Recent Moderator Resignations > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] [ Thread Views: 25658 | Total Posts: 192 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:04:19 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, by now, most of you probably know that four moderators here at INTL have resigned from their positions: Dimi, Inside Discussions; izzy, Inside Discussions; Sunshine, Serious Discussions; and Socrateius, The Erogenous Zone. However, in case some of you don't know, they resigned because Zen, the supreme overlord of Heavengames, gave them an ultimatum. That ultimatum, simply put, was, "resign from INTL or be fired from HG."

Now, some of you may want to argue that and say, "Actually, he gave them a choice between INTL and HG," yet, if you actually knew anything about Zen, you'd know that he's about as passive aggressive as a human being could possibly be. He will sit and smile (or if you're talking to him through IM, he'll just say "i'm a serial-killer :)" and nothing else), all the while not say a single negative word to your face or publicly, but then turn around and unleash a ton of shit talking about that person to someone else. I know this because Zen and I used to be "buds" back in the day and he was quite open with me about his true feelings toward others. However, this thread is not about trying to mock Zen's personality disorders, no, this thread is about a little something that bothers me about this whole situation.

You see, you might think that I'm upset about Zen pulling this whole trump card that was quite obviously guaranteed to get four of INTL's staff members to quit. Actually, that does upset me, but not as much as what I'm about to cover. It doesn't upset me that much, because it's to be expected. See, as FA had pointed out earlier to me in conversation, all four of them have a lot more time invested at HG than at INTL, thus it is quite natural and understandable for them to choose HG over INTL.

However, what bothers me about this whole thing is the fact that, as far as I know, not a single one of them questioned Zen's ultimatum. Don't get me wrong though, they might have, it's just that I am unaware of it, so I'm acting merely on the information that has been provided to me from conversations held with each. On top of that, not a single one of them came to me about it. I had to hear this from FA, even though three of them were online when FA told me. You'd think that at least one of them would have come to me and told me about the whole situation. However, upon being contacted by FA, I contacting all of them (other than Soccy), and they were quick to say, "remove me as a moderator," and thusly I did. Well, Dimi didn't, but I didn't think there would be a chance in hell that he'd choose INTL, seriously, he was an angel before I even became one at HG. Why the hell would he choose INTL? Now, if I'm wrong and Dimi would have chosen INTL, I can live with that, I merely saved him the effort of having to decide.

Another thing troubles me. That thing is how being a moderator here at INTL has anything whatsoever to do with being employed over at HG. Does being a moderator here at INTL somehow affects their judgment at HG? Or is he doing this merely to spite me for my recent comments about HG, not only at HG but here? How does a site that takes on a volunteer moderator staff get off on restricting those same volunteers from volunteering their services at another site? Is Zen going to eventually restrict all HG staff members from registering and posting here at INTL? What about other sites? SPSW? DY? Is this moderator monopoly merely only targeted against INTL or is this going to be a new overall rule that restricts HG staff members from holding moderator positions at their high school's football team's message board? How far does Zen plan on taking this? Seriously. I'd like to know how dedicated Zen is to this whole plan and whether or not this is selective or absolute?

Of course, I pose these questions, knowing damn good and well that I'll never receive a response from Zen, unless GillB decides to act as an ambassador for Zen, who is probably too busy sitting in his room, coming up with insane policies and regulations to efficiently control his Heavenly army of seraphs, angels, and cherubs.

So feel free to share your comments and your complaints. I'd love to hear them.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:08:07 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Boy am I glad that HG rejected my application to be an Angel, had they accepted me then I too would have had to resign from INTL to hang out with retards.
dot
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:10:59 AM)

I would offer to abstain from HG over this atrocity (because it indeed sounds quite spiteful and unwarranted) but I'm afraid I don't go there enough for it to make a difference.

Seriously. wtf? That's all I can say.
"What's the difference between onions and hookers?..... I cry when I cut up onions"
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 3 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:12:17 AM)

And before you attempt to say, "HEY SANDAMNIT WHY DNO'T U PSTO THIS AT HG, FAG!"

1. I can't currently access HG, hmmmmmmmmm....
2. The thread would be closed immediately for questioning the Illuminati.
3. I really don't feel like getting feedback from people who think that saying, "gb2intl u cynical idoit!" is a valid comment.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+885 / -232)
Reply 4 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:19:00 AM)

It would be cool if we all boycotted HG or something.

I don't know if anyone would care, but still.
So if you meet me, have some courtesy.
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:20:45 AM)

I would personally have rejected the part that asked me to leave on the other side, if sandanmit would have asked me to resign at HG i would have resigned at INTL, and ofcourse the other way around.

I have lost some respect from those people who quit, you may love HG more, but how can you work under a guy that gives such ultimatums?

I personally also hate the character known as Zen, giving me 2 months extra ban time, cause i called GillB fat.......and thats just the truth....
Der findes mennesker som ikke er danske, de bor i huler og slås hele dagen.
Det har vi lige godt aldrig gjort, de varme lander er noget lort.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 6 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:20:49 AM)

Don't you think you're being a bit unreasonable, Sandy, after all, I'm sure Zen has a good reason for his actions. Maybe you're a moron who can't understand the workings of a better man and you're just jealous about his coding ability and his higher immunity to eye-poking damage?
dot
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 7 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:24:17 AM)

Heaven Games is just discussion about video games, right?
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 8 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:31:27 AM)

Who the fuck would chose HG over INTL.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways." - Anonymous

kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 9 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:37:10 AM)

anger rising...rising...
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 10 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:40:04 AM)

Well my official boycott of Heaven Games has begun.
dot
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 11 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:42:06 AM)

I love his explanation too. Saying that HG has always operated like this, and it just so happens that only now was he informed that all four were staff here as well.

Ignorance is not only a point of view with Zen, it's become an arguement as well.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
"Fight the war, fuck the norm. Now I got no patience;So sick of complacence. With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E. Mind of a revolutionary, so clear the lane" - RATM
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 12 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:46:01 AM)

An arguement, a rationalization, soon enough a lifestyle choice.
"What's the difference between onions and hookers?..... I cry when I cut up onions"
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 13 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:50:16 AM)

ANY ACTIONS WHICH MAY BE DETRIMENTAL TO OTHER SITES/SERVERS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN

<3 Sandamnit

This reply was last edited on 09-20-03 12:14:14 PM by Air Bud.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 14 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 11:53:22 AM)

Or I could warn you against inciting a forum invasion, cocknugget.

Edit - Yeah, what he said
dot
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 15 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:11:57 PM)

I'm just posting so I can sport my shiny new signature.

coal

vvvv
"Hey, at least I run sites. You don't."
-Angel Zen
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 16 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:12:41 PM)

SHIT
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 17 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:13:29 PM)

DON'T WORRY SANDY, YOU'VE STILL GOT ME!!!
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 18 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:15:19 PM)

Quoted from Pascal:
DON'T WORRY SANDY, YOU'VE STILL GOT ME!!!
HEY WAIT, DON'T YOU GO TO COLLEGE?

IT'S TIME TO MAKE A CHOICE, PASCAL, COLLEGE OR INTL!!!
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 19 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:15:29 PM)

I've been trying to repress the fact that i don't run sites by drinking heavily and cutting myself, and now i'll be reminded everytime i open a thread!

Why are you tormenting me?
Monkeybone

Ballkicks: (+8 / -14)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 20 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:19:16 PM)

Quote:
Listen - if you guys have a problem with Soc leaving INTL, fine. However, I'm not sure what caused Dimi and Izzy to be removed from the moderator list (so soon), as Dimi was only contacted recently to request he spend more time here as he was also a mod here, and we hadn't even contacted Izzy yet (altho Soc might have).

Soc was required to leave INTL because he had applied to the Forum Management Team and he wouldn't be able to function as a member of the FMT effectively if he was a moderator at INTL.

If we did ask them to leave INTL, it would be because we can't believe they would hold a double standard in working for an organization that actively criticizes HG in public.

If you have additional comments about this matter, send them to zen@heavengames.com. Starting another thread will get you banned.

What a dumbass reply/excuse, a person on the FMT wouldn't be able to "function effectively" if he was a moderator at INTL?

And criticizing HG is now a crime? What a the hell?

It's also interesting to note how Zen closes threads when he gets criticized and threatens with warnings and bans. I wonder if he'd actually reply if he got an email.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 21 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:22:53 PM)

Hey guys, we're an organization now!!

And even though staff from HG NEVER read INTL or report to Zen, they know we critize them every couple hundred threads or so...OMG!
"Fight the war, fuck the norm. Now I got no patience;So sick of complacence. With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E. Mind of a revolutionary, so clear the lane" - RATM
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 22 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:23:09 PM)

Quoted from Coca-Cola:
ANY ACTIONS WHICH MAY BE DETRIMENTAL TO OTHER SITES/SERVERS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN

<3 Sandamnit

...and HG forcing four of our moderators to quit was not detrimental to this site?

drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 23 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:24:57 PM)

Are we a terrorist organization?
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 24 of 192 (Originally posted on: 09-20-03 12:26:36 PM)

Well, since Zen reacts by destroying all evidence of our activities and condemning us all....yes, seems we are.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 25658 | Total Posts: 192 ]