Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So I am going to go to Obama's Inauguration.... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2342 | Total Posts: 74 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 11-05-08 10:16:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

who's going with me man?

Seriously... I am taking the week of January 20th off from work to go see history in action. My course of travel will be roughly from Nashville to Washington DC.

Here is a map of my course.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-44oCR5XwvqMf

So far I am going alone. I drive a Suzuki XL-7, which comfortably seats 6 people. I am not opposed to getting off the interstate and going about 30 to 40 miles out of my way to pick people up.
www.nickolati.blogspot.com
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 1 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-05-08 10:36:34 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm actually considering on going on vacation around this time. So I might just go to DC.

I'll be flying though.
őjust dandyŤ but. again. funnel aspect. I don't want anything put in there unawares. I'm no Richard Gere.
őPurpleŤ If it was Sunny doing it, s/he'd be pretty rough
őjust dandyŤ ouch. I just involuntarily clenched.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-05-08 10:39:48 PM)

I'm only a few hours away. But there is probably going to be a shit ton of people there and I don't care that much.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 3 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-05-08 10:40:41 PM)

I have school. In Colorado. Goddamnit.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 4 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 05:29:53 AM)

I'm going to school at EHC, which is along I-81, right on your travel route.

Count me in.
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 5 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 06:55:22 AM)

Why are you going Nikolati?

Does it make you feel powerful and important that a man of your "race" is going to be the next sock-puppet of the military-industrial complex?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 07:05:20 AM)

I got pretty tired of everybody saying that this election didn't involve race. What was it, 98% of black voters voted for him? That's as asinine as females voting for a woman just 'cause she had a va-jay-jay. And now, most of the world is congratulating us for voting in a minority. And I bet if this was a white man, Nickolati wouldn't be going.

I have no problem with anybody saying, "Hey, cool, a black man is now president," because it's definitely unique and I like the guy, but people babbling that it wasn't about race need to quit pretending.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 7 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 07:07:22 AM)

Quoted from IF0:
I got pretty tired of everybody saying that this election didn't involve race. What was it, 98% of black voters voted for him? That's as asinine as females voting for a woman just 'cause she had a va-jay-jay. And now, most of the world is congratulating us for voting in a minority. And I bet if this was a white man, Nickolati wouldn't be going.

If a white man votes for a white man because he is white, that's deplorable racism.

If a black man votes for a black man because he is black, that's being a civil rights activist.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 8 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 07:37:15 AM)

Quote:
I got pretty tired of everybody saying that this election didn't involve race. What was it, 98% of black voters voted for him? That's as asinine as females voting for a woman just 'cause she had a va-jay-jay
You're forgetting that historically, black votes go overwhelmingly to Democrats instead of Republicans. In 2004, 88% of black votes were for Kerry in 2004, 90% for Gore in 2000, and 84% for Clinton in 1996.

CNN is showing 95% for 2008, but every organization has its own method, which are all flawed, so I'm not going to nitpick. Instead I'm just going to reiterate that historically, blacks vote Democrat, so pretending that all of a sudden blacks are voting for Obama because he's black ignores the fact that tend to vote Democrat, regardless of race.

Now, if Obama were running as a Republican and those numbers suddenly shifted over to them voting Republican, then you'd have a valid and damning argument.

Of course, there was very likely a large bump in the number of black voters, as well as a rise in the percentage of those that voted for Obama, but you have to ask yourself, of those voters, which of them would have voted Democrat regardless and which of those would've voted for Obama had he been on the Republican ticket?

Also: going to the inauguration would be pretty awesome just in general, but even more so this time around where it has a rather large scale historical impact. There's no way I'd be able to go though. Oh well.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 9 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 08:48:19 AM)

Also, exit polling shows that race wasn't a big factor in people's voting decisions. In fact, age played a much bigger factor.

Quote:
I have no problem with anybody saying, "Hey, cool, a black man is now president,"

That's exactly what people are saying. Despite the fact that race wasn't a determining factor in the voting process it is a very historical moment. A black man is president of the United States, for the first time in history, despite the fact that a mere 4-5 decades ago a majority of black people couldn't even vote.
It is company policy not to release this information.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 10 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 09:01:09 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quote:
I got pretty tired of everybody saying that this election didn't involve race. What was it, 98% of black voters voted for him? That's as asinine as females voting for a woman just 'cause she had a va-jay-jay
You're forgetting that historically, black votes go overwhelmingly to Democrats instead of Republicans. In 2004, 88% of black votes were for Kerry in 2004, 90% for Gore in 2000, and 84% for Clinton in 1996.

CNN is showing 95% for 2008, but every organization has its own method, which are all flawed, so I'm not going to nitpick. Instead I'm just going to reiterate that historically, blacks vote Democrat, so pretending that all of a sudden blacks are voting for Obama because he's black ignores the fact that tend to vote Democrat, regardless of race.

Now, if Obama were running as a Republican and those numbers suddenly shifted over to them voting Republican, then you'd have a valid and damning argument.

Of course, there was very likely a large bump in the number of black voters, as well as a rise in the percentage of those that voted for Obama, but you have to ask yourself, of those voters, which of them would have voted Democrat regardless and which of those would've voted for Obama had he been on the Republican ticket?

Also: going to the inauguration would be pretty awesome just in general, but even more so this time around where it has a rather large scale historical impact. There's no way I'd be able to go though. Oh well.

The point you are missing here is that this man would not have even gotten on the ticket were it not for the fact that he was black.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 11 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 10:17:59 AM)

Quoted from GW_Carver:
Also, exit polling shows that race wasn't a big factor in people's voting decisions. In fact, age played a much bigger factor.

do you believe people would admit that race was a factor?
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 12 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 11:24:13 AM)

Quoted from lol:
The point you are missing here is that this man would not have even gotten on the ticket were it not for the fact that he was black.
It's still completely irrelevant, since you can argue that on any grounds for just about anyone, anywhere, at any point in time throughout history.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 13 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 12:37:08 PM)

Quoted from lol:

But he's the guy that most people wanted to be the president. If it's because he's black, fine. But that's why he was on the ticket.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 12:48:51 PM)

Quoted from SrprzezInzd:
Quoted from lol:

But he's the guy that most people wanted to be the president. If it's because he's black, fine. But that's why he was on the ticket.

Would it be fine if I wanted to vote for a man because he was not black?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 15 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 12:49:59 PM)

I'd disagree with you but I wouldn't try to stop you.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 16 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 01:08:09 PM)

Vissario shouldn't be allowed to post here until he addresses Sandamnit's point in post#8. No, quoting it and going in a tangent doesn't count as addressing it.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 17 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 02:02:20 PM)

Quote:

Just cause they say it doesn't mean it's true!
Last night I watched a news story with Tom Brokaw asking a bunch of African Americans if they thought that a) this would happen and b) if they thought they could now be president someday. No female responses were shown to the second question. That kind of irritated me.
I would not be caught dead in DC during the inauguration. Sorry.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 18 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 02:30:18 PM)

Quoted from szaukjkjit:
Vissario shouldn't be allowed to post here until he addresses Sandamnit's point in post#8. No, quoting it and going in a tangent doesn't count as addressing it.

What is there to address? It is an undisputable fact that black people vote for whom their entitlements are flowing from.

The point I make is that this man is a fucking joke to start with; he's a junior senator with no real importance to any major organizations, he has no leadership experience, nothing to indicate he knows what he is up against or how to effectively combat it, and to top it all off, he is a glib polemicist who only knows how to rile a crowd. It is fucking disgusting that in this country, America, one of the best educated and most powerful in the world, we will elect a man to the highest office because he just-so-happens to be a black person with shinny teeth and dark skin.

Anyways, it's not surprising to see you, a European, hailing his ascendency as you will all be able to benefit from the weakness that Obama will almost surely demonstrate in his tenure. Further, I'm sure you will hail it as "good diplomacy". I'm sure Putin's puppet and Ahmadenijad will also join you in your ranks.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 19 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 02:33:52 PM)

God damn Vissario...

You really have a one track mind. You remind me of Stacey Keach's character from American History X. You do realize that you are one step away from being neo-nazi don't you?

Black people have always voted democratically - just like southern white people will always care more about gay marriage than the economy.

Are you honestly surprised blacks would go register to vote for Obama in record numbers? Politicians are politicans to most of us. Obama had a powerful message that everyone felt good enough about to rally behind and propel him to a landslide victory. The fact that he was black was a bonus, but it wasn't the sole reason he was on the ticket.

He gave the keynote speech in 2004 at the democratic national convention. Here is the video.

He was a relatively unknown face in politics then, but his colleagues liked him enough to rally and propel him into the limelight.

The bottom line...

PEOPLE WERE SO PISSED OFF AT THE CURRENT STATE OF OUR COUNTRY THAT THEY CRAVED A FRESH FACE. Empty promises from the same old names got us nowhere, so what better than to vote for someone completely different that didn't bullshit promises. We are almost rock bottom, and have very few options but to go up. The economy will improve and he will make good on his word. If he isn't murdered, he will be elected to serve a second term as well because people will be pleased with him.

Quoted from Obama:
The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term. But, America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there.

"I promise you, we as a people will get there.

"There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as president. And we know the government can't solve every problem.

"But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. And, above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation, the only way it's been done in America for 221 years - block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.

This is why people voted for him.
This reply was last edited on 11-06-08 02:47:02 PM by Nickolati.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 20 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 02:45:44 PM)

Quoted from nikolati:
PEOPLE WERE SO PISSED OFF AT THE CURRENT STATE OF OUR COUNTRY THAT THEY CRAVED A FRESH FACE. Hillary was an old name. John Edwards was an old face. John Kerry was an old face. John McCain was an old face. The only real way to force change to is shake everything up and start anew.

Start anew? The guy is going to surround himself with the same advisors that the Clintons used in the 1990s. They are going to direct the practical outputs of his agenda because, ta da, he is an inexperienced junior senator with, wait for it........NO EXPERIENCE IN FOREIGN POLICY, NO BRIGHT "NEW" IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM, AND MOST OF ALL, NO HOPE OF FINDING OUT WHAT TO DO ON CRITICAL ISSUES ON HIS OWN.

In fact, he reminds me of Bush in 1999; a relative unknown who, though generally likeable and friendly, is an empty shell when it comes to good ideas. Like Bush, Obama is going to rely upon experience old white men to guide and push through his broad-strokes of an agenda. Oh sure, he'll talk and converse with anyone at length about what he will do, but it's going to come down to what his cabinet and party-goons tell him to do.

Quoted from nikolati:
You remind me of Stacey Keach's character from American History X. You do realize that you are one step away from being neo-nazi don't you?

Fuck you, you god damned fascist; your PC rhetoric is not going to silence me into not voicing my opinion.

Quoted from Nikolati:
This is why people voted for him.

Oh boy, more polemics!
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 21 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 03:10:00 PM)

Quoted from lol:
Why are you going Nikolati?

Does it make you feel powerful and important that a man of your "race" is going to be the next sock-puppet of the military-industrial complex?

Look cocksucker - I am a not a fanboy to my own race. My mother is white, I have never met my father. My family has always had strong ties to the democratic party. My grandparents danced at JFK's inaugural ball. I was at Clinton rallies in 1992 when I was in 5th grade, and went to his inauguration.

Am I going to Obama's inauguration? Yes.
Am I going for the free fried chicken? No.

Shut the fuck up and let it go.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 22 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 03:18:16 PM)

I'm not letting this election "go" because all of the candidates of merit worth electing in the democratic side have been tossed to the way-side because some glib polemicist has caught the imagination of the party elites. I say fuck them and fuck you for supporting them, Nikolati.

You are a greater tool for the establishment and the effective public twirling of some public speaker than the pigs you like to condescend upon.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 23 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 03:20:25 PM)

Viss, don't be angry that populism works. Be glad, and enjoy the ride.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 24 of 74 (Originally posted on: 11-06-08 03:31:05 PM)

Vissario, why are you so hung up on race?

Point blank question. Let's finish this once and for all in a massive trollfest. Get it all out of your system. Tell me all about the black guy that penetrated your tiny virgin anus when you were 11. I can't make a post without you turning into some sort of racial socio-economic battle.

The goal of this thread was to see if anyone would want a lift to DC for the inauguration. God forbid I meet someone that I have been interacting with for 5 years at an historical event. Let me guess, you don't want to go huh?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2342 | Total Posts: 74 ]