Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I almost killed myself last weekend > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
(Originally posted on: 06-27-08 09:39:52 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So last weekend I went to go visit my cousin who just moved to a new house on the other side of the state. It was a wonderful weekend, this was the first time I fell like I really got to know her growing up because she had moved away a really long time ago.

On Friday night Joe mentioned a river he was wanting to canoe down, Saturday looked like it was going to be a perfect day weatherwise, so we left at about 1000 the next day to canoe down the Sheboygan river.

About 3 hours into the trip we saw the signs for a Dam in Sheboygan Falls that we knew we were going to portage around. There was a big dam that we had figured been where the falls were, and about 100 yards downstream we put back in.

The river was very quick, but we thought that it should be just a fun little ride until the river slowed down.

As we kept going the river got quicker and quicker and the water started getting much more turbulent, great! This should be a fun little ride, hang on!

After a ways we started to see foam getting sprayed up into the air! We couldn't stop so me and Joe went over the first 5 foot falls in a canoe.

We hit really hard, but we actually made it. As we went further down and over water turbulance we started to take on a lot of water and hit several rocks almost tipping us. Further down we hit the much smaller waterfall we flipped the boat.

We then got pushed about 400 yards downstream with the canoe pushing us unable to get it out from behind us because the current was so quick. Eventually it slowed down and we got pushed to the side of the river where we were able to get out.

The boat had small stress fractures in about the middle of the boat, there was a hole in the bottom, I somehow broke the seat behind me even though I was kneeling in the bow, and somehow broke the center piece of the boat off (breaking 4 rivets). I have some bruises on my butt and feet, and a small scrape but other than that I'm fine.

When have you almost killed yourself?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM09zoTkddw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM09zoTkddw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://mcelhinney.us

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
This reply was last edited on 06-27-08 09:47:01 AM by mmac.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 10:14:41 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, i almost got bored to death...

Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 10:16:33 AM)

I almost drowned in the Fox River last summer.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 11:57:20 AM)

This one time at band camp...
Let us Pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 01:05:00 PM)

Yes, much better threads would include Dutch American-hating white rapper clothing styles and repetitive mentions of how drug-induced sexually active you are.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 01:52:29 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Yes, much better threads would include Dutch American-hating white rapper clothing styles and repetitive mentions of how drug-induced sexually active you are.

Hater.
Let us Pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 02:14:41 PM)

Two weeks ago I was biking home at night and it was raining like a motherfucker, so much that I couldn't see the road through all the water. I hit some hole in the road and swerved and fell, getting out of the way as fast as I could. Fortunately there were no cars directly behind to run me over, so I got out with a scraped elbow.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 03:35:01 PM)

I drive drunk a lot.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 03:53:53 PM)

I used to drunk drive all the time, but not so much anymore. That shit really does kill a lot of people.

Amen
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-27-08 04:10:32 PM)

Don't worry, I only drive if I'm really drunk.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 08:24:09 AM)

I almost drowned in rough surf at Daytona Beach.

mmac, obviously you survived, but do you look back and in a weird way think it was a fun experience? I have a thing for thrills, I guess.
Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 09:03:03 AM)

Quoted from IF0:

surt being a euroweenie has no bearing on the fact that this thread is very weak
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 10:43:24 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:

mmac, obviously you survived, but do you look back and in a weird way think it was a fun experience? I have a thing for thrills, I guess.

yeah, actually I did. While it was happening I didn't really freak out, but I usually don't in those situations.

I've had a knife pulled on me in Nogales Mexico, lost an engine in a plan over the Mediterranean, gotten lost for 12 hours in the grand canyon, rolled a 4 wheeler less than 3 feet from the vertical edge of a 70ft tall rock quarry.

Living through experiences like that can definitely make you appreciate life a little more, but they're not going to make me change the way that i act.
http://mcelhinney.us

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-28-08 10:50:19 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
I almost drowned in rough surf at Daytona Beach.

I almost drowned in practically no surf on the Jersey Shore. I was five though MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
I try to avoid any situations that could get me killed, except for driving fast. I used to kayak a lot and the most dangerous it got was when I was parallel with a wake rather than perpendicular to it. Don't do it, kids. It's a bad idea.
<mmac> do you ever have time to sit back and revel in your coolness?

<BB> spoonful of amphy sex
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 05:33:05 AM)

if i decide to kill myself there will be no 'almost' involved

enough of that
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 07:38:43 AM)

Snowy did not read the thread.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 10:12:50 AM)

I'd guess either that or trying to be hardcore.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 10:44:04 AM)

I always dream of all the different ways to die but each one is a little more than I could dare to try.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 10:54:44 AM)

I love you Jesus Chuh-rist.

Closest thing to killing myself would be when I was riding my bike downhill with no brakes at ~40 km/h towards a crossroads, the other road leading to it was out of sight, blocked by houses and trees, and I couldn't make my mind up to force a relatively safe crash so I just rode across the crossroads. Fortunately it was a mostly deserted road.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 12:45:16 PM)

Top fifty moments in In the Aeroplane Over the Sea GO
1. "...for meeeee-EEEEEE-eeeehh"

Also, I live a very safe life.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 01:11:26 PM)

*random but tuneful trombone solo*

Quoted from Sukkit:
Closest thing to killing myself would be when I was riding my bike downhill with no brakes at ~40 km/h towards a crossroads, the other road leading to it was out of sight, blocked by houses and trees, and I couldn't make my mind up to force a relatively safe crash so I just rode across the crossroads. Fortunately it was a mostly deserted road.

I did something like that once, except that instead of a crossroads it was the end of a pier at the bottom of the hill and I did end up crashing to avoid it, though it wasn't exactly something I chose to do. The hill had a grade of at least 45 degrees, and my attempt to brake with my feet just ended up flipping me over the handlebars. I got the wind knocked out of me and some assorted abrasions and my bike landed about 10 feet down the hill from me. Fortunately, it was not damaged beyond some superficial scratches.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 04:11:21 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I always dream of all the different ways to die but each one is a little more than I could dare to try.

well at least our former master and commander isint the kind of asshat to complain when a lady takes a tangent

enough of that
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 05:17:05 PM)

I think about killing myself on a constant basis, actually.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-29-08 05:21:54 PM)

cool
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-30-08 09:00:55 AM)

Quoted from Sunny:
I think about killing myself on a constant basis, actually.

OMG, can I have your autograph?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 48 ]