Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > The Greatest Thing In The World Is To Love And Be Loved In Return > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1724 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
(Originally posted on: 06-26-08 09:38:24 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

\
This reply was last edited on 12-26-15 09:31:46 PM by Dio.
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 09:41:37 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

paging BB to this thread
Ballsack 5.0

i'd like to see a pic of ice's duck

Ballkicks: (+91 / -77)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 10:09:02 AM)

Moulin Rouge is my schtick, faggot.

p.s., love you, babe
hi zippo and dimi and sunny and amph

xoxoxo

<bb> (11:21:26 PM): I went to Barnes and Noble and bought The New Yorker and a bargain priced hardcover on Tsar Alexander II
Hellenic 31 (11:21:32 PM): that's super tell me more about your day, bb
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 11:14:15 AM)

Quoted from Byronic Hero:
I tried this thread at HG, but the first few posts were mostly filled with typical crass teenageness so I put forth these questions that have lingered in my mind for the past year or so.

Does it actually exist or is the modern perception of love just leftovers from the Bohemian-minded individuals of the Romanticism era? Is there a difference between finding love, and finding your true love? or will you only be able to truly love your true love, and for the other poor lass you just misconstrued intense affections for love. Is all it is is intense affection? Will you know it when you stumble in to it's 'loving' path? How can something exist that you don't know what it feels like? Are you just expected to know? Is it the same for every one? What do you actually get out of finding love? Eternal happiness? The filling of some non-existent hole in your 'heart'? Why do people try to find this holiest of grails, this relic of an age long ago?

19th-century Romanticism, as an intellectual and artistic movement, primarily concerned itself with the individual's relationship with nature and society, not with finding "true love".
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 11:36:16 AM)

True love is fingering two girls and then wiping the slimy juices on your hated roommate's bed sheets.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 02:50:07 PM)

I once fingered a girl and then slapped a gay guy across the face with my wet fingers. What does that count for?

Vaginal fluids on a bed sheet isn't that bad unless stuff is stinky.
http://mcelhinney.us

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 02:59:00 PM)

Aren't you a bit late on the haha HG sucks bandwagon? Is it because you think you have a higher status around here?

Anyway, overanalyzing might be good to make an artistic statement, but other than that, it's not cool. Love, chemically, does exist, but it's of course determined by how it's interpreted in each culture.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:02:27 PM)

Where in my post do I say HG sucks? If it sucked I wouldn't continue posting there.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:08:49 PM)

I dunno, that's kind of the vibe I get from many of your posts. But I'll take your word for it.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:21:47 PM)

HG does suck, no need to hide that with subtlety.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:26:10 PM)

I don't know about your revolutions behind the scenes, we're only talking OD here.

I realize I'm leaving an opening with this reply, but I hope I'll prevent predictable comebacks by calling them out in advance.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:32:15 PM)

I took it more as HG as a whole (as was alluded to in previous posts in this thread), but even with OD alone, I'd be apt to claim it sucks as a part of the whole. There's no need to hide it in subtlety or to become defensive about it, when it seems someone may argue or state that it does suck.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:35:15 PM)

Yeah, well, I think I'd be apt to claim you're wrong on that account. I won't say anything else because really, this could be the lamest thread hijack ever.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:35:22 PM)

does anyone from OD even know we exist anymore?
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:37:04 PM)

I know stormraider does because we talked about how much IFO sucks while we played AoK.

Apart from him, no probably not.
DRAHNIER
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:39:00 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Yeah, well, I think I'd be apt to claim you're wrong on that account. I won't say anything else because really, this could be the lamest thread hijack ever.

Probably, but again it's just subjectivity. So what if Byronic Hero may or may not think HG sucks, if you're willing to accept that people have different views and opinions on things based on their experiences with it, shouldn't it be a valid statement and just as correct as your own?

Your first instinct in this thread is to defensively bitch about a candid comment made about HG, and only after that, to off-hand discuss the content of the thread. Stop being so passive aggressive.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:42:58 PM)

Let us analyze eachother in overly verbose ways, i believe sukkit has no particular desire to defend HG and was only trying to look insightful by pointing out the emotional motives behind byronics statement, much like i am right now.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:43:10 PM)

It's not that Byronic Hero may or may not think HG sucks - hell, 90% of people here think so -, it's the vibe I got from him, the whole "I'm cool now because I have a higher status at INTL compared to the one I have at OD", you know, very 2002-2003. I called him out on that because that's the way many of his posts had come across to me lately. He said that was not the case. And that was it.

But of course you know better.

Oh wait, is that passive aggressive? In that case, I'll be more blunt: you have no idea what you're talking about.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 03:52:46 PM)

I've known Byronic Hero on a constant basis for six years, his demeanor has always been one of thinking high of himself and his status regardless of the context; even when he is ridiculed, and well before OD, he was ridiculed far worse. Even in INTL he is constantly ridiculed. He's pretentious, that's not a revelation. It's not linked so much to OD or INTL as much as his own character - it's even evident in his offline life.

So yes, I have an idea of what I'm talking about. That excuse is used commonly on such issues, but I do (regardless of what you say, your passive aggressiveness on the issue doesn't bother me so much as you seem to try to make it). You merely jump on the defensive (not of HG, perhaps, but of his perceptions of himself in it). I am oblivious to your relationship with him, but it does not warrant a calling out on something so frivolous as the "HG Sucks Bandwagon."
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:00:08 PM)

I'd really like to hear more about this passive aggressiveness. I'd also like to know what warrants commentary in a message board. Oh well.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Ballsack 5.0

Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:03:59 PM)

This feels a lot like the Charge of Light Brigade, but instead of charging into Russian guns, he's charging into Sunny's bitchiness and ability to kill a man with one lash of her tongue at 20 paces.

xoxoxo

<bb> (11:21:26 PM): I went to Barnes and Noble and bought The New Yorker and a bargain priced hardcover on Tsar Alexander II
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:13:46 PM)

Your passive aggressiveness is apparent in the manner to which you have called out Byronic Hero. You don't directly ask him if he's a pretentious bastard or not. You'd rather mock him with rhetorical, half-hearted insulting questions, then to provide a meaningful and direct question. Then when he finally answers, your 'tone' or 'vibe' is one of snide patronization and bitterness. You've been doing no less with me. This is no less evident even in some of your ending sentence fragments: "But I'll take your word for it." "Oh well." "But of course you know better." "Yeah, well, I think..."

So I picked at your passive aggressiveness and at your questions, because it's absurd the degree to which you subtlely alluded to something so retarded as a typical candid comment by Byronic Hero, and the "HG Sucks Bandwagon" to drive a point merely to call him out. A statement, nonetheless, that holds little weight or meaning here. Oh no, he said HG sucks because you perceive he wants to drive at his status - it's revolutionary! No, five minutes with Byronic Hero and you know he's pretentious. Thus your defensiveness on this is an attribute of your passive aggressiveness towards him and this issue.
This reply was last edited on 06-26-08 04:22:29 PM by Sunn O))).
Ballsack 5.0

Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:15:23 PM)

Abort thread.

Abort thread.

xoxoxo

STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:15:52 PM)

hello, future readers of the hall of shame

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 06-26-08 04:20:59 PM)

I don't directly ask him because this is not a thread about Byronic Hero's views on HG, so I make a passing remark and imagine it'll be over with in a few posts, if he replies at all. The rest of your post is basically you reading too much into things.

OK, the "Oh well", "But of course you know better" and the "Yeah, well, I think" were meant to be derisive towards your tendency to read too much into things.

Like this:
Quote:
You'd rather mock him with rhetorical, half-hearted insulting questions, then to provide a meaningful and direct question. Then when he finally answers, your 'tone' or 'vibe' is one of snide patronization and bitterness.

Apparently I pestered him with questions until he "finally answered" 3 minutes later, after which the whole thing between him and me was over?

Really, stop making up fucking movies in your head.
EDIT: Also, sorry guys. You'll note I did try to abort thread on reply#12.
EDIT2: Actually, let's end this, it's really pretty lame.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1724 | Total Posts: 43 ]