Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So, The Mars Phoenix Has Found Ice > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 10661 | Total Posts: 105 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 06-19-08 10:43:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

... as has been officially noted now, and reported and even mentioned by the phoenix itself.

Not too far down, either.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 1 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 10:58:33 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

sup
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 2 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 10:59:41 PM)

Now it can have a glass of iced tea.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 3 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 11:15:02 PM)

Call me when it finds the subterranean Nazi fortresses built in the '40s by German scientists with help from the mysterious "Nordic" aliens.

Seriously though, this isn't much of a surprise is it? I thought they were pretty sure they were going to find ice right under the surface. I'd be impressed if they found water.
"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 4 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 11:19:54 PM)

I hope they find...

Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 5 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 11:49:01 PM)

mars attacks is a painful fucking suckfest..ak ak ak...

i love it how nasa is still fucking with the colour of their shots..the european space agency has already released shots from mars that reveal a BLUE tinged sky and rocks that arent just that rusty red colour.

http://mars-news.de/life/

and dont just take that dude's word for it..such colour corrected pics are all over the internet and were presented on live tv by the europeans...yet still nasa feeds the world it's usual brand of bullshit.

enough of that
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 6 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-19-08 11:56:46 PM)

Hey that looks like northern California!
"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 12:10:36 AM)

Quoted from Snowy:
mars attacks is a painful fucking suckfest..ak ak ak...

i love it how nasa is still fucking with the colour of their shots..the european space agency has already released shots from mars that reveal a BLUE tinged sky and rocks that arent just that rusty red colour.

http://mars-news.de/life/

and dont just take that dude's word for it..such colour corrected pics are all over the internet and were presented on live tv by the europeans...yet still nasa feeds the world it's usual brand of bullshit.

What the fuck would the be the point of altering the pictures?
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 8 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 01:21:47 AM)

well obviously american concerns want mars looking unappeitising for as long as possible so they can get ready their first manned missions without anyone else racing them to the planet. im betting they're counting on using it for mining ...dont want i tto look too hospitable or others might get ideas and try to race them there firts and claim it for someone else..if that kind of thing happens

enough of that
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 9 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 01:29:52 AM)

haha snowy there are no limits to your anti-american paranoia...
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 10 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 01:46:48 AM)

well okay, you tell me why mars is discolouring their pictures from mars, given that the european space agency releaed blue sky pics and many people have pointed out on nasa's on pictures that colours on the machines consoles regularly change colour depending on what spectrum they are washing the TRUTH away with that month...

so YOU TELL ME, fancypants

btw it's PRO-AMERICAN to ask questions of your government organisations when they seem to not provide true scientific records

enough of that
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 11 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 02:24:51 AM)

If they are color-correcting the photos, which I'm not entirely convinced of, I'd imagine it would in in an effort to make them more interesting, which could lead to more public interest in Mars and possibly more funding from the government.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 12 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 02:29:04 AM)

yes, scientists change the colour of a sky that indicates mars has an ATOMSPHERE, albeit a likely weak one..by changing colour of their paintastakingly taken photos because they think red sky and rock looks more interesting....

wouldnt you rather announce mars has a BLUE sky! and weird different coloured rocks! and ice! that'd work better.

enough of that
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 13 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 02:43:11 AM)

I also imagine if they were colour-correcting their photos, European and Chinese scientists would call them out.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 14 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 02:49:29 AM)

as i said already, THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY ALREADY DID

http://www.spacetoday.org/SolSys/Mars/MarsExploration/MarsExpressBeagle.html

you guys can compare it for yourselves..follow that link and have a look at ESA credited pictuers, then compare to the colour of nasa piccies.

enough of that
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 15 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 03:05:07 AM)

Quoted from Snowy:
yes, scientists change the colour of a sky that indicates mars has an ATOMSPHERE, albeit a likely weak one..by changing colour of their paintastakingly taken photos because they think red sky and rock looks more interesting....

What the fuck? Everyone knows that Mars has an atmosphere.

Also how can you take anything that guy writes seriously when he has this on his website:
http://mars-news.de/life/city.html
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 03:10:24 AM)

um i didnt learn of this from any source other than the ESA, i already said people should looka round, he's got the pccies but go elsewhere for better discourse.

ESA released this picture of snow ringing a crater with some odd blue substance in the middle, possibly minerals in ice..but yes, snow...and that pic has been around for awhile. nasa are asshoes. full respect to the dudes who go up in the planes but fuck all that....

enough of that
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 03:21:14 AM)

They didn't know if that snow was water snow or carbon dioxide snow, both are possible. The reason NASA sent the lander was to definitively test to see if it was indeed water (among other things of course)
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 03:36:02 AM)

Another reason they might recolor images would be to avoid people accusing them of faking the trips to Mars. By making them look more alien, they might be less likely to get accusations of trickery, whereas if they show a picture that could just have been taken in the middle of the Nevada desert people might be suspicious of them.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 19 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 05:21:51 AM)

Does anyone know what colour the sky on Mars actually is?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 20 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 05:26:12 AM)

Obviously NASA would want its space-photos to be as cool as possible, because they want the American public opinion on their side so they can get as much funding as possible.

The photos with the blue sky look like they were taken on earth, not very spectacular.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 21 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 05:36:37 AM)

Wikipedia has several pictures with an Earth-like Martian sky. Maybe it depends on the time of the day when the pics were taken, or on the season? That's probably more plausible than a conspiracy theory.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 22 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 06:43:10 AM)

But the world wouldn't be the same if every single thing any American does wasn't a conceivable deception.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 23 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 07:20:05 AM)

And you just automatically believe the ESA over NASA?
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 24 of 105 (Originally posted on: 06-20-08 08:01:38 AM)

NASA is full of shit, 90% of the time.

I do not think we even went to the moon in the first place. That was nothing more than cold war propaganda. We needed to beat the Russians there for morale, so that is exactly what we did.

The official NASA story - we lost the technology to go back. Heh. I find that highly doubtful.

The main problem with getting a manned spacecraft to the moon are the Van Allen Belts - which are a band of super concentrated radiation. Human beings cannot survive long enough to get through it. Primates we sent up there came back dead and full of tumors. Which is more than likely the reason the Russians never made it.
Let us Pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10661 | Total Posts: 105 ]