Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > Abuse of Power - Moderators and Administrators > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3498 | Total Posts: 57 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Do you feel the admins have abused their power in these instances?
This poll has expired.
Yes 2 votes, 33.333%
No 3 votes, 50%
Other: Specify 1 vote, 16.667%
Totals: 6 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:12:40 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I wanted to bring up something for the general INTL public to discuss.

Now, I am aware that I am far from "popular" on here, and I will even admit that my occasional irritating posting has sometimes been responsible for my standing on this website.

However, I have noticed some blatant abuse of power on this website that remind of me the ol' Psychorabbit days.

Regardless of how liked I am, I have been posting within the rules and boundaries outlined in the Terms of Service. Over the years, I have been quickly banned for any slight infraction of them...

Over the past week, this is what has happened:

- An administrator changed my profile picture to a Not Work Safe image. Some members interpreted the photograph of an anus expelling feces as my own doing. After complaining, it was changed to a cartoon version with no repercussion for the offending administrator.

- My posts have been edited outside of RS without any "edit" mention. One example is found here:
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=27849
I had posted a response discussing Elisha Cuthbert and it was edited to say "I am a fag". I fail to see how this has any place within the Arena.

- I have dealt with harassive comments from members in threads that are valid discussions.
For example:
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=27864
Wheezy decides to post this well thought out reply:
Quote:
I didn't read the article because I don't read links from faggots.

In this thread I am told to shut up, called a "piece of shit", "fucking idiot", etc:
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=27849

++++++

So basically, I was interested in what the rest of the INTL community thought. I remember back when Sandamnit ran the site, there were similar issues.

I specifically remember the instance where Psychorabbit lost his adminship. Sandamnit expressed that he disliked me, he said I was an idiot, and then he removed Psychorabbit for abusing his power.

Sandamnit explained that regardless of who is posting, everyone is subjected to the Terms of Service.

IF0 has not been living up to this standard, and it's the clique-filled nature of this website that will eventually be it's downfall. I play by the rules, and thus those enforcing the rules should as well.

Thoughts?
This reply was last edited on 05-08-08 11:28:38 AM by abused.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:22:17 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

what is your opinion re: poultry and fish, do they count as meat
abused

Reply 2 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:23:42 AM)

Quoted from ice:
what is your opinion re: poultry and fish, do they count as meat

Although that question is offtopic, I would love to answer it in another thread should you pose it there i'm a serial-killer :)
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 3 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:28:01 AM)

and what about weird animals, like, would you make an exception if someone offered you like dolphin meat for instance or like rhinoceros meat
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 4 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:50:00 AM)

I thought of another good one, what if someone offered you that sushi made out of the poisonous fish that might kill you if it's prepared incorrectly
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 5 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:52:30 AM)

Quote:
Over the years, I have been quickly banned for any slight infraction of them...

And for making about 50 banme threads.

Dumbass.
DRAHNIER
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 6 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:53:40 AM)

giraffe meat, like the neck part
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:54:49 AM)

or what if you hit a deer with your car, would you eat it

it would be morally wrong to let it die for nothing
abused

Reply 8 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:55:16 AM)

Quoted from drahnier:
Quote:
Over the years, I have been quickly banned for any slight infraction of them...

And for making about 50 banme threads.

Dumbass.

Definitely. And I have gotten banned for them. Sometimes for 2-3 months or longer.

I am not claiming I haven't broken rules before. What I am saying is that administrators are not following the rules they are punishing me (and others) for breaking.

I'm saying that Sandamnit had the balls to run the site fairly and without preferential treatment. I also feel there is a correlation in how the site is being run and the declining traffic....
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 9 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:58:26 AM)

are you especially against spam now that you have become a vegetarian
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 10 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 09:59:02 AM)

sea turtle meat
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 11 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:00:45 AM)

My point is that when you constantly make banme-threads like an ass, saying how the site sucks and you wanna get banned, it's pretty fucking logical that you also get banned more easily for other things and treated worse by the staff.
DRAHNIER
abused

Reply 12 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:03:36 AM)

Quoted from drahnier:
My point is that when you constantly make banme-threads like an ass, saying how the site sucks and you wanna get banned, it's pretty fucking logical that you also get banned more easily for other things and treated worse by the staff.

While I can appreciate that, I also should point out I haven't had any infractions in awhile.

But it's not about me. I expect to get the full force of the "law" when I fuck up. I also expect others to be reprimanded for breaking rules intentionally.

However, I fail to see how ensuring that a NWS image appears on every thread I post in isn't a serious offense. Many people view this at work, and if someone got fired over the "joke", I wonder if it's as serious as my annoying BANME threads.

I also wonder why/how Ice is getting away with continually spamming this thread.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 13 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:06:12 AM)

Quote:
I'm saying that Sandamnit had the balls to run the site fairly and without preferential treatment. I also feel there is a correlation in how the site is being run and the declining traffic....

2008 January 75.6452
2008 February 119.2759
2008 March 118.4516
2008 April 164.0333
2008 May 216.6250

I'm afraid that's not declining traffic Adam. In fact, May's average posts/day is the highest since August 2005.

Quote:
However, I fail to see how ensuring that a NWS image appears on every thread I post in isn't a serious offense. Many people view this at work, and if someone got fired over the "joke", I wonder if it's as serious as my annoying BANME threads.

Adam, that was Rich and I. The NWS image, yeah. Your current avatar, yeah. If you haven't realized, it was quickly changed to a safe for work image, but it still doesn't hold water when you can't punish the site and server's owners.
This reply was last edited on 05-08-08 10:12:22 AM by Sunn O))).
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 14 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:08:32 AM)

Quote:
I also wonder why/how Ice is getting away with continually spamming this thread.

Because nobody cares. You've sassed every staff member and broken tons of rules while you've been here. You should still be permabanned.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 15 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:12:03 AM)

Adam, shut up.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:12:06 AM)

ok, i've got a good one, what if you were eating chinese food and it was meat, but you didn't know, and already ate like half of it, and then someone told you that it was meat, would you stop or keep eating, cuz you already ordered it and paid for it and therefore caused one more animal to be killed somewhere down the line eventually, so it would just be wasted if you threw it away
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 17 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:17:17 AM)

I thought I took away his ability to post polls.

God dammit.
No problem.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:17:52 AM)

you kinda suck at being an admin tbh you're always screwing stuff up
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 19 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:19:24 AM)

to be fair i'm not always screwing stuff up because i rarely do anything but take away adam's privileges.
No problem.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 20 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 10:25:00 AM)

And that can only be a good thing!
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 21 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:12:31 AM)

At least Chimp's not reading all our PMs, as far as I know!
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 22 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:16:23 AM)

Nope, none of you guys really interest me that much.
No problem.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:20:36 AM)

hey adam youve been permabanned like 5 times maybe you should just be happy you can post at all
abused

Reply 24 of 57 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:27:33 AM)

Quote:
I'm afraid that's not declining traffic Adam. In fact, May's average posts/day is the highest since August 2005.

Eight days do not really = valid stats. Regardless, my point about the traffic was only a minor detail.

Quote:
Adam, that was Rich and I. The NWS image, yeah. Your current avatar, yeah. If you haven't realized, it was quickly changed to a safe for work image, but it still doesn't hold water when you can't punish the site and server's owners.

I would expect the site and server owner to abide by their own rules. It's called "setting a good example".

In this thread:
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=27854
We see that Ztolk and Sandamnit get annoyed at my avatar. If people expect me to change my "terrible posting", it would give me a good headstart if people didn't change my avatar and posts to offensive content.

Quote:
Because nobody cares. You've sassed every staff member and broken tons of rules while you've been here. You should still be permabanned.

Feel free to perma-ban me. In the meantime, I'm not banned and my status is irrelevant to ice spamming in a forum where it's not allowed.
Additionally, murdering a criminal is still a crime so regardless of my past, Ice is still breaking rules.

Quote:
ok, i've got a good one, what if you were eating chinese food and it was meat, but you didn't know, and already ate like half of it, and then someone told you that it was meat, would you stop or keep eating, cuz you already ordered it and paid for it and therefore caused one more animal to be killed somewhere down the line eventually, so it would just be wasted if you threw it away

Question answered in RS!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3498 | Total Posts: 57 ]