Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Great Article on being a Vegetarian > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2448 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:13:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://www.slate.com/id/2190872

Quote:
To which I reply: We're not insane. We know meat tastes good; it's why there's a freezer case at your supermarket full of woefully inadequate meat substitutes. Believe me, if obtaining bacon didn't require slaughtering a pig, I'd have a BLT in each hand right now with a bacon layer cake waiting in the fridge for dessert.

This article brings up some great points. It accurately describes many of the struggles that we regularly face from people who do not understand the reasons behind it.

Enjoy the read!
This reply was last edited on 05-09-08 12:43:30 PM by D.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:16:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

[formulating generic reponse to Adam's attempt for attention]

[please wait...]

[please wait...]

thx for the fun-fact Adam. now I will go home after my next test and slaughter 3 or 4 goats with which i will then decorate my altar to Satan with
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:17:11 PM)

do you know what when you smell meat, you're in a way consuming meat, because the molecules that you smell stay in your body
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:20:03 PM)

Quoted from ice:
do you know what when you smell meat, you're in a way consuming meat, because the molecules that you smell stay in your body

that's like saying if you swallow semen, you are in essence not being a vegetarian as you are consuming part of an animal

this is bad news for adam and kayte, anyways
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:23:22 PM)

27 reasons why being fat is awesome. Sorry for the half page of ads.

http://www.t-nation.com/article/supplements/27_reasons_to_be_big&cr=
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:23:57 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from ice:

that's like saying if you swallow semen, you are in essence not being a vegetarian as you are consuming part of an animal

kayte is a vegan?
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
abused

Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:29:47 PM)

I wonder whch of you actually read the article...
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:31:43 PM)

I was gonna post this part because I think it's relevant to you, Adam:

Quote:
Which leads me to a vital point for friendly omnivore-herbivore relations. As you're enjoying that pork loin next to me, I am not silently judging you. I realize that anyone who has encountered the breed of smug vegetarian who says things like, "I can hear your lunch screaming," will find this tough to believe, but I'm honestly not out to convert you.

Take this to heart, Adam, realize no one cares that you're a vegetarian until you start caring that they eat meat.
abused

Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:34:57 PM)

Quoted from ice:

Quote:
Which leads me to a vital point for friendly omnivore-herbivore relations. As you're enjoying that pork loin next to me, I am not silently judging you. I realize that anyone who has encountered the breed of smug vegetarian who says things like, "I can hear your lunch screaming," will find this tough to believe, but I'm honestly not out to convert you.

Take this to heart, Adam, realize no one care's that you're a vegetarian until you start caring that they eat meat.

I don't judge others for eatng meat. Most people are brought up with meat as a staple in their diet. I'm in the minority on this one, and I realze and apprecate that.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 02:48:05 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
Quoted from ice:

Quote:

Take this to heart, Adam, realize no one care's that you're a vegetarian until you start caring that they eat meat.

I don't judge others for eating meat. Most people are brought up with meat as a staple in their diet. I'm in the minority on this one, and I realize and appreciate that.

So why bring the subject up here? Most people wouldn't guess I'm a vegetarian, and I still get shocked responses from people because they never knew, even after knowing me for a few years. And why is this? Because I don't go out and make it known. I don't give a shit. I do things my way, you do things yours.

And what's worse than a smug vegetarian/vegan is a smug meat-eater, who will *constantly* make it known that meat is awesome and how you should have some.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
This reply was last edited on 05-07-08 02:53:55 PM by Snook.
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 03:40:01 PM)

Meh, I don't eat pork, but why does it matter at all. It always appears, to me, that you do things just to get attention just so you can say look at me look at me I'm unique, and different. Man, I fucking hate that shit.
Siret
who the flying fuck is siret?

Ballkicks: (+14 / -2)
Reg. Date: Sep 2006
Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 04:57:22 PM)

I keep getting told I don't look or act like a vegetarian, I find this really strange. What the hell should a vegetarian look like, I am skinny as hell from lack of protein and I have a beard - just like the tree hugging hippies - anything else?
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 05:13:59 PM)

Vegetarians are all supposed to look like the wood nymph picture from Magic: The Gathering. coal

I don't have a problem with vegetarians. I'm jealous that their diet tends to be far healthier than mine, but I'm not bothered by them. It's a shame when they can't fully participate in a wing night, though.
how is this for a quote
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 06:09:39 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from ice:

kayte is a vegan?

Not so far as I know.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 07:02:18 PM)

Quoted from Hasty Penguin:
Vegetarians are all supposed to look like the wood nymph picture from Magic: The Gathering. coal

I don't have a problem with vegetarians. I'm jealous that their diet tends to be far healthier than mine, but I'm not bothered by them. It's a shame when they can't fully participate in a wing night, though.

Veggie diets can be really unhealthy and omnivorous diets can be perfectly fine. It all depends on the execution.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 07:18:23 PM)

I read the article! Im blown away.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-07-08 11:45:19 PM)

I didn't read the article because I don't read links from faggots.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 08:17:58 AM)

.stoggaf morf sknil daer t'nod I esuaceb elcitra eht daer t'ndid I
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:00:45 AM)

vegetarian is the new gay
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
abused

Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 11:51:50 AM)

Quoted from Shady Milkman:
I read the article! Im blown away.

I'm glad to hear it i'm a serial-killer :) I thought it was rather informative as well!!!

Anyway, another veggie-friendly link!!

http://www.vegcooking.com/johnnyrocketspecial.asp?c=weekly_enews
This reply was last edited on 05-08-08 01:17:18 PM by abused.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 03:10:23 PM)

Adam, if you haven't already, I'd recommend subscribing to Vegetarian Times. Good read and great recipes.
Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 07:49:09 PM)

adam ur a fag

I can post that because you already gave me -k for saying that reincarnation doesn't exist.

I can eat cows because I will never be reincarnated as a cow, or as anything.
jackattack
Too good for Chex cereal

juvenile

Ballkicks: (+27 / -24)
Reg. Date: Apr 2008
Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 08:17:21 PM)

Im a vegetarian.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 08:34:12 PM)

seventhlight im going to have to change your title

you're slipping, sir

slipping into a wet pile of shit.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 05-08-08 08:35:24 PM)

How long have there been vegitarian forummers on INTL and when did the topic become a never-ending who-gives a shit discussion?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2448 | Total Posts: 43 ]