Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > ITT We Discuss Life Plans > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3448 | Total Posts: 54 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Ballsack 5.0

i'd like to see a pic of ice's duck

Ballkicks: (+91 / -77)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 03-13-08 04:46:30 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm interested to know what everyone is going to do with their lives after they've stopped posting on the internet. Basically, what are you working towards right now? What sort of changes do you want to happen in your life in 5, 10, and 20 years?

For me, I'm completing my bachelor's in a retarded engineering field at a retarded engineering school MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS I want to go to medical school and become a psychiatrist so I can treat people who are : ( and do research i'm a serial-killer :)

So, basically, 5 years, start residency. 10 years, get a faculty position at a school of medicine.

Oh, and I want to have a picnic with Amphy in Charlottesville MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS Everyone is invited i'm a serial-killer :)
hi zippo and dimi

xoxoxo

<bb> (11:21:26 PM): I went to Barnes and Noble and bought The New Yorker and a bargain priced hardcover on Tsar Alexander II
Hellenic 31 (11:21:32 PM): that's super tell me more about your day, bb
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 04:58:15 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

They say God listens to our goals and plans and giggles.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 05:44:33 PM)

Apparently I'm having a picnic with BB in the future i'm a serial-killer :)

I'm graduating in 58 days so I guess in five years I'll be...hopefully in DC, working my heart out and starting to do some mainstage designing. Five years from then I want to bean established designer & at that point I want to have enough money to keep and show my own horse. Twenty years...I dunno. I'd like to be married by 41, so here's hoping that happens.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo

Sunny: I'm actually vissario in disguise
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 3 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 05:52:57 PM)

I'm probably gonna go to grad school, get a Masters and maybe a PhD in physics, then either live at school thinking up new ways to blow up the Earth, or get a secret government job thinking up new ways to blow up the earth.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 4 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 06:15:30 PM)

5 years: Graduate from school, get a good job and start paying off loans.

10 years: Finish paying off loans.

15 years: Get married sometime? I don't want kids until my mid-late thirties, so I can have some fun with my life.

20: Be set in a good job, with a good house, wife, kids, etc. Be set for the 40+ years I want to live past 38.

in all honesty, by the time I'm 40 the world will have changed so dramatically that these plans will change, no doubt.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 06:18:35 PM)

Life plans... uoohh.. good stuff.

In the long term, I want to have learned a lot in a particular field and made a difference in some way. I also want to make enough money to have a family, put them through undergrad worth of college. In addition, I also want to have a property by a lake, and if possible a sailboat stationed someplace warm.

Currently, I don't know what to care about in the field of academics. There are lot of different ways to go, and I'm good at every one of them. It's never crossed my mind that I will fail at anything, but I don't know what I will be best at.

This summer I will have an internship at GE, which will really impact my decisions. If it goes extremely well, and I am accepted into their leadership program I may very well choose to graduate and start working. Otherwise, I will at least go for a masters, probably at UB because it's so darn cheap, and then see how it goes from there.
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 07:41:32 PM)

Hm. Coming up on the end of the first year of a three year program, so in 5 years I would like to have auditioned around a bunch and written and performed a bunch of fringe theatre shows and gotten into another school or conservatory theatre program - maybe in Europe? Repeat for the next 20 years. Or life.

That's how it's looking right now. I haven't put much thought to marriage or living somewhere specific.
how is this for a quote
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 7 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 07:53:03 PM)

Dream 1: Win lottery or come into a lot of money somehow. Buy a sweet motorcycle and spend the rest of my life cruisin around.

Dream 2: Become a better singer and songwriter and become a travelin musician for the rest of my life.

Dream 3: After I graduate, start working for a magazine or a newspaper writing articles or just be a sweet freelance reporter. Then write books on the side and eventually become an established writer.

Family and wife? I dunno whatever happens.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 8 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 08:02:41 PM)

Well graduation is like 74 days away, so at that time I'll have my Master's and be done with my education for the foreseeable future.

My goal is to get a good job within 6 months, start an RRSP, and then start paying off my student loans within a year, and be finished paying them off within 5 years. This is going to require some serious budgeting but I think it can be done, and the sooner the better. I also want to work at least two full years without any major interruptions, though moving in the next couple of years is a possibility.

5 years from now I'll be 30. It's not unlikely to think I'll be married by then, possibly even with a child. 10 years from now I should have a house, and I'll either be very satisfied with my career or ready to take a new kind of path, which may or may not involve going back to school.

Beyond that I don't really know. Provided I get a decent job soon my period of instability in my life is pretty much over. I'd like to travel a lot, and probably get more involved in the community at some point, but I'm no longer having to ask questions like "what am I going to be?/what am I going to do with my life?" because I pretty much know.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 9 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 08:26:29 PM)

and what do you exactly plan on being?
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 10 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 09:59:36 PM)

Next summer hopefully I'll have an internship with the largest privately owned company based in the US. Freshman paid internships FTW! Well, if my interview goes well. I really want that job...

5 years, I'll be working for a fortune 500 company as a Business Analyst, preferably overseas.

10 years, managing a large IT department in a fortune 500 company, or owning my own private consulting firm.

20 years, I want to be the CIO or directly under the CIO at a fortune 500 company, or preparing my private consulting firm to be sold.

Quoted from Hoff:
and what do you exactly plan on being?

If I remember right, a very good librarian?
http://www.michaelmcelhinney.com

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 10:18:45 PM)

Yeah, eventually, though I might be working in other "information management" capacities before then. Uh, one job that I applied for was coordinating support resources and running the resource centre of one of the universities' faculties... another job I'm gonna apply for involves doing research for a television program. What I'm going to be immediately pretty much depends on who will have me.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 12 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-13-08 11:42:03 PM)

I am going to take a break hopefully next year to work with a government agency for a year or so. I will then seek to focus the rest of my graduate studies elsewhere, ideally Queens. This will require me to move to Ontario, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Then I hope to work for a foreign consulate, ideally in Germany, Argentina, the United States or in Sweden. Sometime mid-career, I'd like to go to SAIS in Washington, and focus even more on specific areas of study. I may end up going into politics, I'd have to see.

Sometime, I don't know when, I'd like to have someone. I'd like to have a unique house. I'd like to spend a few years as a couple, and then common law, and then marriage, with those typical couple parties and things that occur. Eventually, I'd like to have kids - two or three maybe. I hope to spend time with them, and to be there for my children as I had always thought I would. I want pets, and a garden too. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I would like to grow old, and see that I've done something worth it. I'd like to see my children grow up, and live their lives happy as they want to live them.

I don't think I'd like to retire my career until I'm physically unable to do so. That generally seems to be the trend in my family. I would want to eventually get down to writing what I know. I expect, if all works out, that I will still be 60 or 70 and chatting with you fine folks.

If I live this old, and all depending upon how long we're expected to live (if over 100 is the typical norm), than I hope to die in a hospital bed (the idea of dying a quiet death in my bed disturbs me). I want to be surrounded by family and peers and friends, and be remembered somehow for something.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-14-08 02:36:06 AM)

Haha...

This year: Intern at Google this summer (got the job).

Two years: Graduate and work at Google or another major technology company, either in Business Development or Brand Management.

4 years: Go to Harvard or Stanford business school.

8 years: Manage a Business Development/Brand Marketing department at previously mentioned major technology company.

12 years: Start my own technology company.

15 years: Be worth millions of dollars.

I plan a lot.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 14 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 02:09:35 PM)

? years from now I will...
Use my incredible wealth to

*implant GPS tracking chips in all the friends I care about who plan on falling off the Earth.

*buy cotton candy machine.

*build humongous house (and/or hotel) with tons of secret passages and tunnels

Seriously. These are really some of my life goals. Everything previous to this is relatively fuzzy and unknown.
ben is a golden sex god ohmygodilovehim BONE BONE BONE
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 15 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 02:33:19 PM)

Quoted from Socrateius:
4 years: Go to Harvard or Stanford business school.

ewww gross business school

Goals:
1. Do research as an undergrad, hopefully starting around the spring semester of my junior year or the summer following that.
2. Finish undergrad with a B.S. in Physics, a B.A. in Astronomy, and minors in Anthropology and Math
3. Get a masters/PhD in Physics or Astronomy
4. Hope I start having more fun in general
5. Ball pit XKCD style
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 16 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 02:46:48 PM)

Get my B.A. in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics and Physics, hopefully get involved in some research projects and internships as I get into the more advanced classes. Trying to get involved in the Supplementary Instructor program at my school, so I can get some experience teaching/tutoring, so that when I start applying to Graduate schools, they might consider me for some kind of associate professorship to help pay my way through Grad school. Basically, just trying to get as much "experience" as possible, I have plenty of time to do so, still have three years to go as an Undergraduate.

I eventually would like to get a PhD in Computer Science and potentially a B.A. and masters in Mathematics or Physics or both (ha!). Basically, just want to spend the rest of my life learning, instead of getting stuck in some dead-end piece of shit job doing the same rudimentary things that aren't challenging or engaging merely just to pay the bills and support the drinking habit I'd undoubtedly develop as a means of coping with my failure in life. Those kind of things.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 17 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 03:28:23 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Basically, just want to spend the rest of my life learning, instead of getting stuck in some dead-end piece of shit job doing the same rudimentary things that aren't challenging or engaging...

In some way I'd also like to do this, although I'd like to teach or run something rather than work for a large company doing computer science related things.

I honestly don't really have a "life plan" yet, I thought I did, and then I kind of put that on a shelf "just in case".

I'm going to be taking a 2 year diploma in Computer Systems at SAIT here in Calgary, not sure what my minor will be, probably some kind of graphic design. Then I plan on moving to Vancouver after getting some cash together, and I'll probably end up in UBC taking any number of things, most likely get a Computer Science degree. Eventually I'd like to go to Concordia for film school, but I can't see that being very soon, and honestly, I don't want to move out east.

I used to have a plan set out where I'd be done school by 25/26 and get married and have kids by 30 with a nice house/car and whatever, but right now, I'm just going to see what happens, and try to have fun. Planning stuff out long term sucks.

Also, I would like a ball pit.
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 18 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 03:28:43 PM)

Quoted from Ballsack 5.0:
I'm interested to know what everyone is going to do with their lives after they've stopped posting on the internet. Basically, what are you working towards right now? What sort of changes do you want to happen in your life in 5, 10, and 20 years?

For me, I'm completing my bachelor's in a retarded engineering field at a retarded engineering school MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS I want to go to medical school and become a psychiatrist so I can treat people who are : ( and do research i'm a serial-killer :)

So, basically, 5 years, start residency. 10 years, get a faculty position at a school of medicine.

Oh, and I want to have a picnic with Amphy in Charlottesville MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS Everyone is invited i'm a serial-killer :)
Interesting. Specialty choice has been the toughest decision I've ever came across. Good for you you have an idea while a premed.
What school would you like to go to? Baylor rocks, give it a tought.

My lan is to translate my homeland MD into an US MD, get a residency spot... oh lord, that's a huge project.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 19 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 03:52:13 PM)

waiting and waiting to see if I get into a BEd program. If not it is back to the drawing board.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 20 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 04:26:59 PM)

Graduate high school in two years then make my way to Europe eventually settling in Copenhagen, or Malmo.

If those plans don't work out I hope to reside in Mass, and attempt to get into Boston University or UMASS Amherst. That or reside in PA and attempt to get into UPenn.
This reply was last edited on 03-16-08 04:33:36 PM by Dio.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 21 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 04:48:59 PM)

i'm ending up in an insane asylum, i just know it
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 22 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-16-08 07:31:17 PM)

next six months:

i'm trying to stay off the sauce for two months.

find a new job

opening a squat in summer with some of my friends

playing shows

trying not to die
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-17-08 02:42:28 AM)

Interesting thread.

In the next year, I will have bought a house, I might have learned to drive a car.

There will be babies within three years.

There may be weddings, and none of you are invited. Except brad, he won´t come though.
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 54 (Originally posted on: 03-17-08 10:24:38 AM)

Quoted from Mingan:
Interesting thread.

In the next year, I will have bought a house, I might have learned to drive a car.

There will be babies within three years.

There may be weddings, and none of you are invited. Except brad, he won´t come though.

Weddings? Tell me more.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3448 | Total Posts: 54 ]