Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > I'm starting to hate poor people. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 5642 | Total Posts: 104 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 03-02-08 10:37:40 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I really, really, really am getting tired of poor people. I'm beginning to get really annoyed by the uneducated, the stereotypical black ghetto/white trash thug people, the farmer country hick racist redneck tobacco chewing Nascar fan, the dumb poor people who still praise God and say they're blessed no matter how shitty their life has become..

It's my fucking education to help these people, but after working in a shelter full of the homeless/degenerate/drug-dealing and abusing/alcoholic/6 kids from 8 potential men scenario, I'm just getting really worn down. Like, we try to point them in the right direction. We say "Hey go get your GED atleast, re-enroll in college, look for a job, get your own place, take care of your kids, bathe your kids, feed your kids, cooperate with your parole officer, blah blah.." and they ignore us. We tell them to go get a GED, and they leave because they don't want to exert effort. They come here to get away from an abusive man, only to go to AA meetings and try to get laid. They find a single guy with a job, mooch off of him until he gets tired of her, he breaks up with her and makes her move out, and they come here and say they're abused.

I'm not proud to keep getting annoyed by the "less fortunate," and I know their idea of morality and social acceptance is a lot different from mine, but I've been dealing with this shit for a year now. That whole career choice I made forever ago about "helping people" seems so Goddamn idealistic now. I think I want to just try to apply for an administrative position somewhere and have a boring job, make more money, get benefits, and be able to pay off my student loans.

EDIT: Basically, I'm getting intolerant in my old age.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 1 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 10:55:36 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

In a way I know how you mean. My family is full of those types; I try and do better.

The thing is that there is a difference between people who actually try to improve their situation, and can't for some reason, than those who just use the safety net of society to buoy themselves. I still believe in a mechanism to help people, but goddamnit if they're not trying to help themselves then they should fuck off.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
IF0
Administrator

Reply 2 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 10:59:48 AM)

And that is what has diluted my interest. I've been working since I was 14, and am thankful for that. I couldn't see myself NOT working, and actually embrace the responsibility and enjoy financial independence. Even as a student, I have not had to ask my mother for money.

A lot of the ones I have to deal with use society and whoever they can get their hands on. They drift from shelter to shelter, even from state to state, getting what they can for free. We get them set up with a job, and they quit after a week because they don't feel they should have to go to it. It's disgusting. *sigh*
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 02:39:15 PM)

Do you see any solution to end this cycle?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
IF0
Administrator

Reply 4 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 04:09:37 PM)

The only way seems to be to provide good parenting and education while still children. Which basically means that by the time these people are adults, it's almost a lost cause. However, how do you guarantee good parenting? And there's been bickering about inconsistent school education and funding for decades, but it's still just in the squabbling stage. There are many potential solutions, but they're more expensive in the short term (despite saving money in the long-term). Now show me a politician who successfully campaigns on "PAY MORE MONEY NOW TO SAVE LATER!" Society is only interested in saving money now. This is the same reason prisoners aren't educated. What do you expect them to do when they get out of prison if they still don't have a skill or any sort of education? They'll go back to crime to make a living.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 04:53:58 PM)

It's my belief that all people, regardless of class, are horrible clods of flesh...just for different reasons.

I'm starting to hate all people.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 6 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 04:56:56 PM)

Well, having worked in a county hospital, I understand you.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 7 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-03-08 12:32:01 AM)

Quoted from Socrateius:

I'm starting to hate all people.

I'm past starting.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-03-08 02:28:16 AM)

People are wasteful, they waste all the food.
People are hateful, and people are rude. But God I love some people sometimes, because people are very very special. And people are impatient, they dont know how to wait.
And people are selfish, people are prone to hate.
But God I love some people sometimes, because people are the greatest thing to happen.
I said God I love some people sometimes, because people are the greatest thing to happen.
And People are people, regardless of skin.
And people are people, regardless of creed.
People are people regardless of gender, people are people regardless of anything.
I said People are people regardless of gender, people are people regardless of anything.
And people are my religion, because I believe in them.
People are my enemies and people are my friends.
I have faith in my fellow man, and I only hope that he has faith in me.
I said I have faith in my fellow man, and I only hope that he has faith in me.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
IF0
Administrator

Reply 9 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-03-08 05:20:01 AM)

...I have to admit that the work I've done that didn't involve people bored me terribly. I'm really good with people by now. Despite hating them. And yes, I do hate all people (not just poor people). In fact, my Facebook profile says "I probably hate you." But I could still tolerate the majority of people. I'm getting more and more impatient with the degenerates I work with though.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 10 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-03-08 06:51:52 AM)

Eugenics can save the day, IF0!

Join us
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 11 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-04-08 01:57:13 PM)

maybe if we scaled back government handouts that reward people for their slovenly lifestyles and inertia, they would be a bit more motivated to get a job or a ged.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-04-08 04:26:37 PM)

This thread offends me.
DRAHNIER
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-05-08 03:59:01 AM)

Have you ever seen a poor person, J÷rgensen Scandinavia?
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 05:47:32 AM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
maybe if we scaled back government handouts that reward people for their slovenly lifestyles and inertia, they would be a bit more motivated to get a job or a ged.

zero handouts = starvation = no jobless people
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 15 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 08:17:56 AM)

I hate the system that makes people poor.

I'd like to see you guys work at McDonalds for 40 hours a week, trying to scrape by, while people criticize you for a lifestyle you were born into.

I'm not poor, but I'm not going to sit around feeling like I am a better person than those who are.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 08:23:54 AM)

Quoted from vissario:

Right cause people wouldn't fucking steal shit then. Or give out to beggars. Real awesome idea there.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 17 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 09:20:30 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:

Right cause people wouldn't fucking steal shit then. Or give out to beggars. Real awesome idea there.

Who said thieves shouldn't be put to death, too?

As for charity, that in itself is a reasonable exchange of good and services and should therefore be protected.

Quoted from adam:
I'd like to see you guys work at McDonalds for 40 hours a week, trying to scrape by, while people criticize you for a lifestyle you were born into.

i wish I could play the world's smallest violin for you, really I do

edit; and to clarify, I was refering to government handounts in the above post by a beaucracy
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 09:45:42 AM)

Quoted from Adam:
I hate the system that makes people poor.

I'm not poor, but I'm not going to sit around feeling like I am a better person than those who are.

Nobody's born into working for McDonald's. Get a high school degree.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 10:16:52 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:

As for charity, that in itself is a reasonable exchange of good and services and should therefore be protected.

Hmmmm charity good, welfare bad? I don't see the logic there. Then again, it is you.

And welcome to the Draconian system. Enjoy your stay until you jaywalk, ass.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 20 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 12:29:03 PM)

Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:

Hmmmm charity good, welfare bad? I don't see the logic there. Then again, it is you.

I'm going to have to agree to a certain extent with vissario on this one. Welfare is forced charity thus making it not very charitable. If someone wants to give money to poor people to help them out, then awesome they are good people. But if you are forced to give via taxes and then want to claim you are being charitable...that doesn't really fly.

So yes, Charity Good. And welfare at its current state, bad.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 21 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 01:41:03 PM)

I think there should be SOME kind of welfare/unemployment system, but it needs to go down gradually over time. Sometimes people get into rough spots and need some help. That's fine, and I believe they should get some help. The problem currently is that there's no real incentive for people to get off welfare. If they made the payment dwindle over time, then people would be much more likely to get off it. In theory, at least. Pieces of shit will always be pieces of shit.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 22 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-06-08 02:25:45 PM)

Yeah I'm not saying get rid of welfare all together. But I think the whole system needs to be revised somehow.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-07-08 05:20:03 AM)

The term we use here for providing TOO MUCH help is enabling, because you enable the residents to sit on their asses and not do anything themselves. Our intent is to get them off their asses and make something of their lives.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 24 of 104 (Originally posted on: 03-07-08 05:49:36 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from vissario:

Charity:

Act: Person A gives Person B food/drug money/alcohol money.
Effect: Person A feels good about themselves while, in exchange, Person B can load up on a McDonald's hamburger, score some weed, or get some beer.

Everyone benefits, whereas under welfare, my money is taken from me in the same way that a thief might come through my window, take my textbooks, and pawn them to support his drug habit. The only difference is that the theif in this case is the federal government and the drug money goes to some poor person whom I gain no happiness through helping.

And yes, jaywalkers should be ran over as they are dumb asses who are breaking the GOD-DAMN-FUCKING law. GOD DAMNIT I hate those stupid people with their fucking 3 kids and inability to travel 3 or 4 meters to the intersection.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5642 | Total Posts: 104 ]