Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Battlestar Gallactica > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 5327 | Total Posts: 80 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 02-25-08 09:23:29 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't see a thread for it, so I am making it. If there is a current BSG thread, feel free to delete this one and bump the old one.

So what are your thoughts and opinions on the show? Who are the final five Cylons?
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge won’t last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 80 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 09:29:46 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

They revealed 4 of the final five in the last season finale.

No idea who they're going to make number 5 though.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 2 of 80 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 09:33:46 AM)

My gut says that it is Starbucks, but my heart doesn't want to believe it. She has always been the one with the mentality of "we will fight until we can't fight anymore." It would be a huge blow to morale and the crew.

What about Baltar?
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 80 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 11:52:33 AM)

Starbuck pretty much has to be a Cylon, given her reappearance at the end of the last episode.

Right now I'm just hoping that they actually finish the series:
Quoted from wikipedia:
Moore acknowledged that due to the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike, which has ended on February 13, 2008, the series might not be completed. Production was suspended on November 16, 2007, all personnel have been laid off, and only 13 of the 22 episodes have been completed (including 2 episodes comprising "Razor"). Although completion of the season is not a certainty, production may resume quickly, but the remaining episodes of Season 4 may not air until at least the fall of 2008, or early 2009.

this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 4 of 80 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 01:51:03 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Starbuck pretty much has to be a Cylon, given her reappearance at the end of the last episode.

Right now I'm just hoping that they actually finish the series:
Quoted from wikipedia:
Moore acknowledged that due to the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike, which has ended on February 13, 2008, the series might not be completed. Production was suspended on November 16, 2007, all personnel have been laid off, and only 13 of the 22 episodes have been completed (including 2 episodes comprising "Razor"). Although completion of the season is not a certainty, production may resume quickly, but the remaining episodes of Season 4 may not air until at least the fall of 2008, or early 2009.

Yeah. I will be pretty bummed if they don't. BSG is the best show on TV in my opinion.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 80 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 08:24:43 PM)

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ says the Season Four premiere will be on Friday, April 4th.

Not much else to say. I think the fifth cylon will be Starbuck. Anyone else on the ship would've heard the music, but Starbuck wasn't on the ship therefore couldn't hear it.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 6 of 80 (Originally posted on: 03-22-08 10:54:44 PM)

Goddammit I just wrote a huge post about this and then accidentally hit a bookmark in my toolbar and awei;haghwi.

Quote:
I think the fifth cylon will be Starbuck. Anyone else on the ship would've heard the music, but Starbuck wasn't on the ship therefore couldn't hear it.

Well that assumes that all five Cylons were activated at the same time, which might have been intimated by Roslin/Sharon/Hera seeing them all at the Opera House in their mass hallucination, but wasn't really expressly stated. Plus I just don't want it to be Starbuck.

I don't think it's Baltar either, because that would be easy absolution for the crimes he is still paying for, and also because he actually wants to be a Cylon.

Maybe it's Billy. He was supposed to be President! Take that Dualla, fucking bitch.

Maybe some other day I'll come back and type up my other 10000 points.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 7 of 80 (Originally posted on: 03-23-08 08:48:06 AM)

In related news, SciFi has confirmed that a prequel to BSG, Caprica, will be made (source).
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 8 of 80 (Originally posted on: 03-23-08 12:12:33 PM)

It's ironic that Tigh, Tyrol, and Anders were the masterminds of the Cylon resistance, only to come to find out they are Cylons themselves.

About the Chief:

1. This makes Nicky the second half-human, half-Cylon baby.
2. Chief and Boomer had a Cylon/Cylon relationship.
3. It recasts his whole personal strife about thinking he was a Cylon in the second season, and his conversations with Brother Cavil. (Although Cavil's comment about never having seen him at the meetings would still stand. lol.)

Tyrol and Tigh both have long established service records in the fleet, meaning that if they are actually Cylons, they were created a long, long time ago, and I wonder about the time-line being established here, since it was shown in Razor that during the first Cylon war, Adama visited a lab where it seemed that humanoid Cylons were still basically in the rough draft stage. That was ~40 years ago, Tigh is ~60, and he was enlisted during the first Cylon war and has been friends with Adama for ~20 - 30 years.

This means that either humanoid Cylons were created long before currently suspected (and also that humanoid Cylons age, as we've seen various clips of Tigh throughout his life with the fleet), or that the writers really frakked up the canon on this one. I am curious to see how this plays out.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 9 of 80 (Originally posted on: 03-23-08 05:45:22 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Tyrol and Tigh both have long established service records in the fleet, meaning that if they are actually Cylons, they were created a long, long time ago, and I wonder about the time-line being established here, since it was shown in Razor that during the first Cylon war, Adama visited a lab where it seemed that humanoid Cylons were still basically in the rough draft stage. That was ~40 years ago, Tigh is ~60, and he was enlisted during the first Cylon war and has been friends with Adama for ~20 - 30 years.
I'm not entirely sure about the specifics, but I was thinking about the same thing earlier, about how Tyrol and Tigh have been in the military for quite some time and it seems strange that they'd end up just being Cylons for 40+ years or so.

My theory is that the Tyrol and Tigh we see in the show are not the REAL Tyrol and Tigh that were born as humans. Instead, at some point in time, either before the show's timeline or in the midst of the show's timeline, Tyrol and Tigh got switched out with their Cylon counterpart with the same dubbed-over memory convincing them that they weren't Cylons and had the same memories as the human Tyrol and Tigh.

This probably makes no sense, but Take it for what it's worth. Just a theory.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 10 of 80 (Originally posted on: 03-24-08 01:29:47 PM)

That's a workable theory, though I thought that the Cylons were not modeled after specific human beings, but rather... amalgamations of human personalities.

Quoted from Wiki:
Ronald D. Moore has confirmed in interviews that there are twelve different models of humanoid Cylon, with many copies of each model in existence. The Cylons have nonverbal ways of sharing information but do not have a hive mind and are most often shown talking to one another. Even identical Cylons are separate individuals. Moore has also stated that the humanoid Cylons are not based on pre-existing humans: "The idea is not that there was likely an original human model that they were copied from. The idea was that these models of Cylon were sort of developed out of their own study of us. The Cylons on some level looked at humanity and said 'You know what? There's really only twelve of you.' If these are the twelve, and sort of if you look at them they each represent different archetypes of what humanity is."

At any rate I could think this to death but it might just be easier to let them tell me what the hell is going on.

Recap: http://www.imdb.com/video/user/me701230261/
Season 4 Preview (not the promo):
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 11 of 80 (Originally posted on: 04-02-08 05:50:26 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from kayte:
I'm not entirely sure about the specifics, but I was thinking about the same thing earlier, about how Tyrol and Tigh have been in the military for quite some time and it seems strange that they'd end up just being Cylons for 40+ years or so.

My theory is that the Tyrol and Tigh we see in the show are not the REAL Tyrol and Tigh that were born as humans. Instead, at some point in time, either before the show's timeline or in the midst of the show's timeline, Tyrol and Tigh got switched out with their Cylon counterpart with the same dubbed-over memory convincing them that they weren't Cylons and had the same memories as the human Tyrol and Tigh.

This probably makes no sense, but Take it for what it's worth. Just a theory.

Everyone that is in the final five was on the ground on New Caprica. They just got switched out there.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 12 of 80 (Originally posted on: 04-04-08 01:03:52 PM)

It is tonight omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 13 of 80 (Originally posted on: 04-05-08 12:06:09 PM)

The entire episode was great, but the first part before the "preview montage" opening credits was incredible. The production value of the show seems to have skyrocketed between the last season and this one.

Needless to say, it didn't disappoint and was well worth the wait.
Ahab

Ballkicks: (+8 / -1)
Reg. Date: Apr 2008
Reply 14 of 80 (Originally posted on: 04-10-08 01:55:01 AM)

Episode 4.2 (Assuming Razor is 4.1) Was indeed incredible. The surreal events surrounding Thai and Adama right at the begining caused my fucking jaw to drop. As for the final cylon... Moore has stated It won't be any of the primary characters. I've been researching theories and trying to put the pieces together, and all i can gather is that Ronald D. Moore is a sick Fuck messing with his audience. Not that he isn't also a brilliant mind. Can't wait to find out more about Starbuck going off the deep end, and The Passion of Baltar, this Friday.
You expect so much from me, and yet I am merely a projection of your mind. So stop blaming me for your problems.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 15 of 80 (Originally posted on: 04-22-08 10:54:29 AM)

Every episode this season has been amazing, but I really have no idea who the final cylon is. They keep saying that one will be revealed, but they have made allusions that it is Kara and Baltar. I am still putting on my chips on President Roslin.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 16 of 80 (Originally posted on: 05-16-08 09:44:24 PM)

I hate, hate, hate Laura Roslin.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 17 of 80 (Originally posted on: 05-20-08 12:56:35 PM)

Gaeta is the final Cylon.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 18 of 80 (Originally posted on: 05-20-08 02:42:35 PM)

I completely agree. They focused entirely too much on him in this last episode. Though, I still think it may be Tom Zarek for some reason. Dunno why, maybe because he was the original Apollo and the producers want to pay homage to him. Who knows?

Anyway, yeah, Gaeta is my leading candidate now. Sucks that there's a two week hiatus before the mid-season cliffhanger, followed by another hiatus. Between this and Lost coming close this week, I'm a bit sad.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 19 of 80 (Originally posted on: 05-20-08 03:32:04 PM)

I couldn't agree more Jeff.

I really like the character of Tom Zarek. I hope that they don't just let him fizzle away in all the hype with the cylon civil war happenings.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 20 of 80 (Originally posted on: 06-04-08 04:29:19 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
I couldn't agree more Jeff.

I really like the character of Tom Zarek. I hope that they don't just let him fizzle away in all the hype with the cylon civil war happenings.

Speak of the devil. He was made president and gave it up in the same episode. This made me love the character of Tom even more. He is smart enough and humble enough to do the right thing.

As far as other highlight from the cliffhanger:

I LOVED the fist fight between Tigh and Adama. It made me think of old clips of Walter Matthou and Jack Lemon. All in all though, it just gave a lot of spice to the episode. Everyone is stressed out, and sometimes it takes an outburst to ground us.

I knew that Tigh was fucking around with Caprica Six, but I didn't expect her to become pregnant. That is some hardcore shit... Who is to say it isn't Baltar's though?

I also loved that the Admiral put on a flight suit. I kept expecting it, but it finally happened.

The best part however was when Lee was held at gunpoint by the lawyer and convinced to take the office of the president.

So when does this shit come back on? I can't wait.
Let us Pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 21 of 80 (Originally posted on: 06-04-08 08:01:51 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
So when does this shit come back on? I can't wait.

Friday. But yeah, the previous episode was great.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 22 of 80 (Originally posted on: 06-05-08 02:16:35 AM)

That's weird. scifi.com/bsg is listing the next episode as airing on June 6th, but epguides.com doesn't have it listed. That site has been rather reliable in the past, kinda shocked it's not reliable in this case. Either way, fucking awesome, I wasn't expected any more BSG until August/September.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 23 of 80 (Originally posted on: 06-05-08 09:05:17 AM)

There's two more episodes until the break. Because then they'll be out of episodes, thanks to the writer's strike. I think they were originally going to have the break after the 10th episode, but the writer's striike confused everything. And we probably won't get the second half of the season until next year.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 24 of 80 (Originally posted on: 06-09-08 01:12:14 PM)

So, what did you think?

Basically it tied up all loose ends on what I was expecting to happen. Now I am at a crossroads and have no idea what to expect, other than the obvious - Adama and Roslin head back to the fleet.
Let us Pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5327 | Total Posts: 80 ]