Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > Undoubtedly The Greatest Moment Ever in Sports > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3724 | Total Posts: 40 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-25-08 05:57:34 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

bradism.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 06:04:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I love how they jump towards the finish line because it still counts even if they just embarrassed themselves in front of the whole world.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 2 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 07:36:47 AM)

That guy saw what was coming the whole time
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 3 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 03:52:34 PM)

That's pretty fucking awesome

Apparently he benefited from people falling in a qualifying round as well?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 4 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-25-08 10:32:34 PM)

This video is amazing and a testament to the majesty of sports.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 5 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-26-08 11:00:34 PM)

Easily one of the most amusing incidents at any olympics.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 6 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 08:31:53 AM)

I would feel like a sham.
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 7 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 12:55:52 PM)

I would feel so smart. He said it himself he was watching for a strategy. When the mistakes of others leave the back door open, and you were watching for it, wouldn't you feel happy?
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 8 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 12:59:34 PM)

Thats a pretty big gamble I would say. It would be like there is a huge asteroid coming to crush earth and there is a 95% chance of it happening. And you are the once scientist that says, meh my money is on the 5% so i'm not going to try to figure out how to stop it. And then it misses, I wouldn't feel smart, I would feel completely lucky.

And also, when did that guy make those comments? If you have a lucky win like that you aren't going to say, yea i shouldn't have won that was lucky. No, you are going say, umm I meant to do that.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 01:10:18 PM)

Didn't this make legion at HG start saying "DIE OHNO" in every thread? God that was fucking annoying. I fucking hated legion he was so fucking annoying.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 10 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 01:36:27 PM)

Quoted from Hoff:
And also, when did that guy make those comments? If you have a lucky win like that you aren't going to say, yea i shouldn't have won that was lucky. No, you are going say, umm I meant to do that.

I figure if I were him I wouldn't say I planned it because that'd be stupid, I'd just say some triteness a la "This is sport, stuff like this can happen, I did my thing and I won. Some will say I was lucky, but you have to be there, qualify for the finals and all that".
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 11 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 01:45:12 PM)

That would probably be closer to what I would say too, I was just responding to what Alyatis had said.
Quoted from Alyantis:
I would feel so smart. He said it himself he was watching for a strategy. When the mistakes of others leave the back door open, and you were watching for it, wouldn't you feel happy?

If he said that he was watching for that and that was going to be his strategy beforehand, well then good for him, but still got really lucky. But if he said it after the fact, that seems pretty suspicious.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 12 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-27-08 05:42:00 PM)

Quality Read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Bradbury

Quote:
In the quarter-finals, Bradbury thought himself eliminated. He finished third (only the top two advance), but Marc Gagnon was disqualified, thus allowing Bradbury to advance to the semi-finals.

In his semi-final, Bradbury was in last place, well off the pace of the medal favourites. However, three of the other competitors in the semi-final crashed into each other, paving the way for him to take second place and thus allowing him through to the final.

Again well off the pace in the final, once more all four of Bradbury's competitors (Apolo Ohno, Ahn Hyun-Soo, Li Jiajun and Mathieu Turcotte) crashed out at the final corner, leaving a shocked Bradbury to take the gold medal, the first for Australia or any southern hemisphere country in an Olympic Winter Games event.

Quote:
In an interview after winning his gold, he said:

Obviously I wasn't the fastest skater. I don't think I'll take the medal as the minute-and-a-half of the race I actually won. I'll take it as the last decade of the hard slog I put in.

The "hard slog" included surviving two life-threatening accidents. During a 1994 race in Montreal, he had another skater's blade slice through his leg after a collision; ... In 2000, he broke his neck in a training accident, and spent the next six weeks in a halo brace.

Quote:
Bradbury was acutely aware of the possibility of collisions after his semi-final race. In an interview after the race he said:

I was the oldest bloke in the field and I knew that, skating four races back to back, I wasn't going to have any petrol left in the tank. So there was no point in getting there and mixing it up because I was going to be in last place anyway. So (I figured) I might as well stay out of the way and be in last place and hope that some people get tangled up.[1]

In the same interview, he acknowledged that he never imagined a scenario in which all four of his competitors would actually fall.

Bradbury had been the favourite going into the 1000m short track speed skating event at the 1994 Winter Olympics at Lillehammer, Norway but fell after colliding with a competitor.

Quote:
Bradbury's triumph was celebrated by Australia post issuing a 45-cent stamp of him

bradism.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 13 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-28-08 08:19:16 AM)

Wow, nothing like getting extremely lucky 3 times in a row to win a gold medal. But I guess that's just how they do it in Australia, right Brad?
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 14 of 40 (Originally posted on: 02-29-08 12:57:56 AM)

Your Mom gave me a gold medal, those numbers sound about right.
bradism.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 15 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 04:53:18 PM)

i came to this thread expecting to see....

I liek piez. And freedom! -- Dr. Ron Paul
D
Administrator

Reply 16 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 05:13:35 PM)

I have no idea what was exciting about that.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 17 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 05:24:48 PM)

Quoted from Snowy:
i came to this thread expecting to see....

That moment was not great in any way >:{
bradism.
D
Administrator

Reply 18 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 05:28:13 PM)

clearly
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 19 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 05:48:24 PM)

Stop spamming the thread, Dimi. I'm trolling Brad.

That underarm bowling ''incident'' is the greatest sporting sore-spot moment between Australia and New Zealand...we could have won that match but the Aussie bowler ensures our man cannot get any runs by bowling the ball in that underhanded manner. You can see his own team mates shaking their head telling him not to be so dishonourable, BUT HE DID IT NEWAYS.

D
Administrator

Reply 20 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 05:59:17 PM)

I'm not spamming I just wanted someone to explain like you did.

Why wouldn't you bowl the ball like that every time so that no one could ever get any runs?

Sounds like something in baseball where a pitcher would purposely walk a really good batter. But then another batter comes up to plate. Thats whats confusing me.

If he could end the game and win rather than risk the guy kicking ass and losing, why wouldn't he ?
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 21 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 06:09:37 PM)

I guess because it wouldnt be a game if they did that, or it wouldnt be cricket anyway. It used to be a very gentlemanly game and such a maneuver was pretty much unheard of until that moment and it hasnt be done again since. Brad might be able to explain if since that event it became against the rules to bowl along the ground or if it's avoided so that the game of cricket can prosper and not have to be renamed GroundGrubbin' Homos.

abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 22 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 07:51:00 PM)

shit, let's make a world champion cricket team. Ill be the pitcher... who cares about honour if we can be world champs, right?

bowl every throw!
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-01-08 09:32:58 PM)

Why didn't the guy at least try a golf swing or something? I'm sure if you put enough juice on it you might be able to score a run or two.

Actually fuck, I have no idea how cricket works.
Sass
Oi! Get off my lawn!

Ballkicks: (+17 / -2)
Reg. Date: Feb 2008
Reply 24 of 40 (Originally posted on: 03-02-08 11:53:12 AM)

How exactly does the Youtube streaming thing work ? Is it just a case of posting the url or is there specific bb code for it ? I assume the latter but the instruction thingie is blank for that section.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3724 | Total Posts: 40 ]