Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Proof USA Is Not The Best Country In The World > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 8070 | Total Posts: 96 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-21-08 03:13:29 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I was going to make this a poll, but they have disabled my poll privileges. It sure would be terrible to help create traffic on this site.

Anyway. Do you think America has a gun problem?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/cnnu.guns/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- The senior at the University of Utah gets dressed and then decides which gun is easiest to conceal under his clothes.

If he's wearing a T-shirt, he'll take a smaller, low-profile gun to class. If he's wearing a coat, he may carry a different weapon, he said.

Now I know people will argue if the bad guys need guns, then so do the good guys.

I dunno, I just prefer to live in one of the many countries where it is not socially acceptable to carry a random object that can end the life of someone else in an emotionally charged moment.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 1 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:26:01 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from Adam:
I dunno, I just prefer to live in one of the many countries where it is not socially acceptable to carry a random object that can end the life of someone else in an emotionally charged moment.

Like a knife?
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 2 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:29:58 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
I was going to make this a poll, but they have disabled my poll privileges. It sure would be terrible to help create traffic on this site.

Anyway. Do you think America has a gun problem?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/cnnu.guns/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- The senior at the University of Utah gets dressed and then decides which gun is easiest to conceal under his clothes.

If he's wearing a T-shirt, he'll take a smaller, low-profile gun to class. If he's wearing a coat, he may carry a different weapon, he said.

Now I know people will argue if the bad guys need guns, then so do the good guys.

So what's your solution?
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
abused

Reply 3 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:31:43 PM)

Quote:
Like a knife?

It's more effort/time consuming to use a knife. Less people would die before help arrived. You also have to physically stab the person instead of disassociating your mind for the split second trigger pull.

Quote:
So what's your solution?

Get rid of the guns. I know it's not a realistic or probable solution though. I am proud to say that nobody I know personally in Canada owns a gun.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 4 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:45:11 PM)

I've always found it interesting that Post-Apocalyptic British literature always portrays a country where a fascist regime is put in place, and American literature always has society degrading into bands of Militia's
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:48:25 PM)

HOLY FUCK can we beat the horse anymore. It has nothing to do with the U.S.A and guns. If someone is going to go off the deep end they will shoot someone no matter what. Plus right now Nova Scotia has the highest rate of gun crime in all of Canada. Figure that one out, we got a population of less than a million.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:56:35 PM)

I've come to more of a conclusion that if you really, really want to kill someone, you're going to find a way to do it. It can be gun, it can be knife, it can be poison, it can be conspiracy or hitmen, it can be your bare hands. There's very little that can completely inhibit a person from being capable of killing you if they really want to kill you.

If you want to avoid being killed, find the reasons why they'd want to kill you, then try to amend those reasons in your favor.

I see Mr. Excitable already mentioned this in brief i'm a serial-killer :)
abused

Reply 7 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 04:59:58 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:
I've come to more of a conclusion that if you really, really want to kill someone, you're going to find a way to do it. It can be gun, it can be knife, it can be poison, it can be conspiracy or hitmen, it can be your bare hands. There's very little that can completely inhibit a person from being capable of killing you if they really want to kill you.

If you want to avoid being killed, find the reasons why they'd want to kill you, then try to amend those reasons in your favor.

I see Mr. Excitable already mentioned this in brief i'm a serial-killer :)

That's true. And for pre-meditated killings you're fucked even if there are no guns.

But you can't deny that for angry/impulsive/unplanned killings, it's a lot easier to simply pull a trigger than to go to the effort of finding another way to kill someone.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 8 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:06:34 PM)

Well i'm glad you provided us with nice solid proof
abused

Reply 9 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:13:10 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Well i'm glad you provided us with nice solid proof

Basic common sense says a lot about human psychology.

But you can feel free to disagree with me. I'll sleep better tonight knowing my classmates aren't armed.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 10 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:16:17 PM)

who is to say there aren't faster ways to kill a person?

strangulation takes no time. poison? slip in a drink, wont take more than a few minutes depending on the poison. There isn't much for substantive proof one is more deadly or more easy to commit than the other given the circumstances.
abused

Reply 11 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:17:55 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:

strangulation takes no time. poison? slip in a drink, wont take more than a few minutes depending on the poison. There isn't much for substantive proof one is more deadly or more easy to commit than the other given the circumstances.

Strangulation requires some physical strength. It's also not instant and they can escape.

To slip something in a drink you have to earn their trust enough for them to drink something you give them.

Anyone can shoot a gun. This can be done instantly with no effort.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 12 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:19:00 PM)

I'm neutral on the issue. I don't want the "bad guys" to have guns, but if they do it's reassuring to know that they wouldn't be alone in carrying one.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 13 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:21:41 PM)

Did you just watch Bowling For Columbine, Adam?
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 14 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:23:01 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
Quoted from Sunny:

Strangulation requires some physical strength. It's also not instant and they can escape.

To slip something in a drink you have to earn their trust enough for them to drink something you give them.

Anyone can shoot a gun. This can be done instantly with no effort.

Not necessarily.

You need to pull out the gun without being noticed, you need to get the gun to the destination you're trying to get it to, you need to know how to aim, and you need to know how to shoot without panicking. It's prone to many problems. Damage is greater, yes, but the killing will be committed regardless.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 15 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:26:43 PM)

What you forget is that most people don't know how to properly use a gun. "Point and shoot" isn't exactly everything.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 16 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:53:53 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
I am proud to say that nobody I know personally in Canada owns a gun.

The only person I know who owns a gun is my father, and he has it because we live in an area with a large bobcat population. He has a license, and was trained in the military to use it. I didn't even know we had a gun until my mother mentioned it after a bobcat attack on a herd of sheep in Pacolet.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo

Sunny: I'm actually vissario in disguise
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 17 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 05:56:30 PM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Quoted from Adam:

The only person I know who owns a gun is my father, and he has it because we live in an area with a large bobcat population. He has a license, and was trained in the military to use it. I didn't even know we had a gun until my mother mentioned it after a bobcat attack on a herd of sheep in Pacolet.

I didn't initially see that statement by Adam.

I own a few rifles and a couple handguns. The rifles for hunting, the handguns for target shooting. I do have a license for them.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Reply 18 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 06:51:07 PM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Quoted from Adam:

You are so rural. I'm surprised you have a computer.

www.uselessstatic.com
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 19 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 07:20:11 PM)

Guns make mass murder easier. Never heard of mass strangulation.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

Reply 20 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 08:00:52 PM)

If you could completely rid the entire world of guns, then ok, I might support it. It would make survival out in the crazy farmlands where Amphy lives difficult perhaps, where you don't really have houses with walls...just hay shacks. But since it's completely impossible to rid the world of guns, then criminals will still have guns. Bad people will have guns, legal or not. So it's only fair to give someone a chance to defend themselves.

www.uselessstatic.com
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 21 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-21-08 11:47:40 PM)

I've actually started carrying my gun around (concealed). I'm not really even a strong believer of the second ammendment.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-22-08 12:24:57 AM)

Proof Canada is not the best country in the world:

It's not the country where possibly the majority of the most important medical and technological developments occurred in the past 40 years.

Remember the 90s digital revolution? Did Canada do that? No?...oh. How about the proliferation of biotech crops? Not that either? Yeah.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 23 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-22-08 02:23:54 AM)

I got a weapon

in my pants
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 24 of 96 (Originally posted on: 02-22-08 05:30:41 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
I got a weapon

in my pants

9mm of fury
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 8070 | Total Posts: 96 ]