Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > German Clothing > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3510 | Total Posts: 42 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 02-17-08 02:31:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I have an important question. I am going to visit Germany, and I don't want to look like a tourist. What do most college kids in Germany wear?
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 03:13:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Probably the same shit as they wear in the rest of the western world....

I have this shirt with the stars and stripes and the text "freedom forever", i would wear that.

In the end, wear what you normally wear, if they are hassling you because of it, they are fucking idiots, and if you change because of their hasseling, then you are one to.
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 2 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 03:14:03 PM)

Make sure to wear a fanny pack, have a camera around your neck and wear tons of sports paraphernalia, jerseys, and bandannas.

Pretty sure most Europeans dress rather formally compared to the way most Americans dress, but not necessarily like always wearing suits and shit. As long as you wear normal clothes without corporate logos and stupid sayings on them, you'll blend in just fine. Of course, I have no basis in saying this, so either way, you should probably ignore me.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 3 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 03:48:33 PM)

All I know is that Surt's style of clothing is hilarious.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 04:46:28 PM)

Quoted from wheezy:
All I know is that Surt's style of clothing is hilarious.

Only a toy guitar.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 05:12:15 PM)

Quoted from Acheron:
I have an important question. I am going to visit Germany, and I don't want to look like a tourist. What do most college kids in Germany wear?

Wear a Canadian flag and then it's ok to be a tourist LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 05:38:52 PM)

hahahahahaha
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 7 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 07:19:55 PM)

Where are you going?
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 08:38:15 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
Quoted from Acheron:

Wear a Canadian flag and then it's ok to be a tourist LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

Everybody I have ever known that has gone to Europe seems to support this idea. Apparently, they're stand-offish to North Americans at first, but will warm to you almost immediately when they see the maple leaf.

Just what I've heard, anyways.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 9 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 09:47:27 PM)

My brother and sister used to live in London and the few times I've visited them everyone there seems to think that all Americans are stereotypical cowboys. And if you aren't wearing boots and a cowboy hat and say yall they assume you are Canadian.

At least thats the impression I got, but i don't really know if its similar at all in Germany.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 10 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-17-08 09:54:07 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Where are you going?

Northern Austria and Southern Germany. Salzburg and Munich. We fly into Austria, and then end leave out of some tiny airport north of Ausburg.

I'll make sure to leave the dumb print t-shirts and baseball caps at home.

Anyway, I think I have a maple leaf t-shirt an ex girlfriend gave to me around here somewhere, I'll be sure to bring it. And I'll just tell them I'm from Winnipeg as it's the only place in Canada I've actually been.

I hope my bags don't end up in Australia. I'm thinking that the idiots who sort bags are stupid enough to mix Austria and Australia up.
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 11 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 01:00:48 AM)

First, and this might sort of sound stupid, but you're going to a pretty German part of Germany. Don't jaywalk, don't cut in line, don't drink in the street unless you see Germans doing it, don't do any of that shit, because the southern German police are fairly authoritarian and they'll give you shit for it.

Second, stupid print t-shirts are the norm, especially for clubbing and stuff. I don't really know about going to university and stuff in the south, and I've heard it's a little more formal, but for going clubbing just try to look like you shop at H&M and it will be fine.

The Canadian shirt idea is stupid, no one cares if you're American or not, unless you're a jackass about it.

It's really too bad that you're going to south Germany because it's pretty conservative and boring down there, it's a little like going to America and eschewing California and the Northeast for like Georgia, the Carolinas, and a trip up to Minnesota. I'm sure you'll find fun stuff to do, but it's going to be hard to find stuff to do on weeknights and Sunday (when I went to Muenchen we were looking for something to drink on a Saturday night before we went out, and so we were walking around and found some guy, and we asked him if he knew a store that was still open where we could buy alcohol, and he looked at his watch and said "At 7:00 on a Saturday night? I don't think so!!" like it was the most logical thing in the world).

Also, for the sake of your German classmates at home, try not to pick up the accent, because really! it's impossible to understand sometimes
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 12 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 01:12:30 AM)

Are the Bavarians the ones who say 'ik', or the ones who say 'isch'? I always forget.

Anyway, I think American tourists are OK. Sure, most people dislike the US government, but Americans themselves are vaguely fascinating to Europeans, as long as they're not jackasses (the American tourists, I mean).
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 13 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 01:38:51 AM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Are the Bavarians the ones who say 'ik', or the ones who say 'isch'? I always forget.

Anyway, I think American tourists are OK. Sure, most people dislike the US government, but Americans themselves are vaguely fascinating to Europeans, as long as they're not jackasses (the American tourists, I mean).

old Bavarians say something like 'eee', but the young ones say 'eesch', which is fairly normal. it's just that their accent is fucked up and they use strange words. Berliners say 'ik', and also I think people from the far northwest of Germany, though I've never been there.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 04:20:57 AM)

People from northwest, aka. Friesland have a fucking funny accent, check out the Werner cartoons

Most people outside Bavaria don't really like it, i think they are like what texas is in the US.....and they have a fucking wierd acccent, but so have the swiss....in the german version of the simpsons; Uter is supposed to be swiss...

My mom comes from Duisburg, which is in "The Pot", and no really any extraordinary accents from there i think
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 15 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 05:16:55 AM)

Quoted from Hoff:
My brother and sister used to live in London and the few times I've visited them everyone there seems to think that all Americans are stereotypical cowboys. And if you aren't wearing boots and a cowboy hat and say yall they assume you are Canadian.

At least thats the impression I got, but i don't really know if its similar at all in Germany.

No reasonable person I know, or have ever known, thinks like this
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 16 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 05:43:38 AM)

Does anyone speak English in Bayern?

I know no one does in eastern Germany, not even at places where you'd expect them to, like train stations.
And when you ask them if they do, they often seem angry about it.

Also, most college kids in Bayern wear lederhosen all the time, so if you want to blend in you'd better get some.
DRAHNIER
This reply was last edited on 02-18-08 05:48:51 AM by drahnier.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 17 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 05:47:35 AM)

Here's a typical college lecture.

DRAHNIER
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 18 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 07:01:45 AM)

Quote:
The Canadian shirt idea is stupid, no one cares if you're American or not, unless you're a jackass about it.

That's not totally true. You guys have spent the past half a decade pissing off the rest of the world and invading countries. You also re-elected a power-hungry idiot.

Even if people don't "hate Americans", generally Canada has a pretty good image internationally.
It's not a stupid idea at all. I've heard many stories of people (Canadian and American) wearing the Maple Leaf and having people overseas treat them better as a result.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 19 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 07:20:44 AM)

Quoted from Adam:
Quote:

That's not totally true. You guys have spent the past half a decade pissing off the rest of the world and invading countries. You also re-elected a power-hungry idiot.

Even if people don't "hate Americans", generally Canada has a pretty good image internationally.
It's not a stupid idea at all. I've heard many stories of people (Canadian and American) wearing the Maple Leaf and having people overseas treat them better as a result.

I guess you would know better since you're the one current living in Germany right now. Oh wait. You're just up there in Canadia being a jackass. Your opinion matters a lot.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 20 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 08:00:08 AM)

I'm pretty sure being an American is kind of a cool novelty, especially if you're young and hang around with local kids and drink with them and things.
Girls will be interested in you.

Being a fat old tourist probably isn't as cool.

We do dislike America as a country though.
DRAHNIER
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 21 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 08:23:22 AM)

wear this shirt,

it will make you all sorts of new friends
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 22 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 08:33:58 AM)

Quoted from Tazzo:
Quoted from Hoff:

No reasonable person I know, or have ever known, thinks like this
Well thats good. I guess it was just the ridiculous number of middle aged women that decided they wanted to try and chat me up for some odd reason that all thought since I wasn't fat or a cowboy that I was probably Canadian.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 23 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 09:33:48 AM)

Quoted from Adam:

Wheezy pretty much already addressed this, but most people have the brainpower to separate American international policy from the people living there. Especially Germans, really, they've got it the worst of all.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 42 (Originally posted on: 02-18-08 10:02:16 AM)

Quoted from Adam:
Quote:

When was the last time we invaded any Western European countries? Oh yeah, WW2. We're such assholes for having done that.

ps. Weren't Canadian forces also in Afghanistan? Curious.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3510 | Total Posts: 42 ]