Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Who is the better INTL Villian? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4149 | Total Posts: 62 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Go!
This poll has expired.
Adam 2 votes, 11.765%
Vissario 9 votes, 52.941%
Jimmy 0 votes, 0%
Surt 0 votes, 0%
Other: Specify 0 votes, 0%
Salamando 6 votes, 35.294%
Totals: 17 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-13-08 12:45:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Y'know, I've been slacking off as of late... but I have an intense "criminal history" on my side.

Bans:
1. - Nova - March 4th - Doing something that a mod said not to
2. - Nova - April 8th - Creating a "Goodbye" thread
3. Sk8rgirl44 (Nova) - April 14th - Breaking his ban.
4. Nova - Sept. 16 - Posting like a dyslexic retard that had their drink spiked with roofies - one week - Sandamnit
5. Will Smith/Adam - Spamming/repeated failure to use the edit button and instead just make a new post - one week
6. Nov 14th - Nova - purposefully going off-topic/sass - 4 days - me

7. Jan 1st - Nova - 1 month - BanMe Tag - Moi.
8. Jan 10th - jarvis - Nova smurf - account has been permabanned
9. Jan 19th - Tyrone - hi im new, being a dumbass and generally sucking. 300 days. Tyrone2 is not banned, because he's a funny guy.
10. Feb 18th - Nova - using moderator tags, two months. I know usually one, but this isn't his first offence of doing such a thing, and he's also a waste.
11. Feb 28th - Nova - Feb.28 - Evading ban by creating smurf account - permabanned, finally.
12. Nov 23 04 - Nova - Banme - 1 month

13. Jan 09 05 - Nova - shitty attempt at flaming in ID - 2 days warning shot across the bow
14. Jan 20 05 - Nova - he was bothering me and I didn't get into PSYC305 because the teacher is a bitch, so now I'm going to keep him out of INTLv3.0 because I am a bitch, too - one day
15. Mar 20 05 - Nova - BanMe - Four Week

16. Nov 22 06 - ATTN Tag
17. Dec 18 06 - Coin Flip

18. Jan 03 07 - 7 Days, "sassing"
19. Feb 11 07 - Adam - 14 Days, being a faggot again and using the attn tag to get banned on purpose.
20. Mar 27 07 - 2 days
21. Apr 03 07 - Adam banned by Dimi - 365 days total for repeated offenses and obvious disregard for rules. Saying "lol" and "im better guyz promiz" doesn't bypass breaking the rules.
22. Sep 26 07 - Banned by Wheezy

I'm losing my touch, I'll admit

Warnings:
1. Nov 12 - 03 - Nova, recently tonight,
2. 2004-2-12: Nova - Breaking Tables/oversized image
3. Oct 3 - 05 - Adam - Spamming in ID
4. Oct 27 - 05 - nova - trying to keep a shitstorm going in new threads => trolling
5. Nov 15 05 - Adam - spamming -
6. feb 10 08 - Flaming
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 12:46:25 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

umm it pretty much doesn't get any better than Salamando.
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 12:48:05 PM)

Quoted from Tartarus:
umm it pretty much doesn't get any better than Salamando.

Valid point, added.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 3 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:09:39 PM)

replace villain with 'attention whore' or 'drama queen' and I'll vote.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 4 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:14:24 PM)

I'll vote for INTL Villein.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:15:41 PM)

Salamando, because of his hilarious bitchfighting with stormraider, and because he always talked about how much cocaine he did, and because he was a pretty cool guy on AIM. (we talked about doing drugs a lot)
DRAHNIER
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 6 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:22:56 PM)

Being a horrible person doesn't automatically make you a villain. Being a villain actually takes commitment.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 7 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:24:01 PM)

Salamando sure had commitment.

He followed stormraider around to every thread he posted in to childishly insult him for like a year or something.
DRAHNIER
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 8 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:31:40 PM)

Its not commitment without a ring, vows, and some I Do's.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 9 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 01:39:16 PM)

You say you vote for Sally but mine is still the only one??????

The girlfriend angle was priceless.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 10 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 03:48:55 PM)

Sally was awesome.

Adam is just a fucking loser.

People hated Sally because he was such a pain in the ass, BUT, people also liked him because he was funny about it (in some forumers' eyes). Nova is just an unfunny unoriginal waste. That's why no one really cares about him.

Plus, Sally might still have a pet dog who is alive. Not sure I can say the same for Nova... =/
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 11 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 03:52:27 PM)

i liked him for his running tally of the drugs he has done
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 12 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 03:53:58 PM)

Quote:
People hated Sally because he was such a pain in the ass, BUT, people also liked him because he was funny about it (in some forumers' eyes).

Salamando was a huge dork who everyone made fun of when he first registered, though.

He eventually found his niche as the hilariously persistent asshole.
DRAHNIER
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 13 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 03:58:03 PM)

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=3167
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 14 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 03:58:54 PM)

Well let's analyze that poll:

Adam - While banned numerous times, has not actually caused INTL to shutdown or for forumers to go away. He is the village idiot. A friendly, and relatively active village idiot. As much as he's an attention whore, the rest of INTL accepts that and occasionally encourages it for the sake of entertainment.

Vissario - In the time he has been here, he has had a profound effect on INTL. It is evident that forumers have gone away either directly because of his actions (Skye) or because of his presence (pretty much everyone else). In a time when INTL is within stagnation, he may be one of the factors that drive people to not stay. However, forumers understand his disposition, and find him annoying, but lacking. He is seen as more piteous than he is of being bad or evil.

Jimmy - Other than getting on the nerves of Sandamnit, Adam and a few others, he isn't really evil, bad or immoral. He is merely aggressive, selective and cynical. Certainly not villainous.

Surt - Other than the occasional time where he pisses people off because of his views, Surt is generally likeable. More so than most forumers. It is in part because of his personality and opinions that people like him. He is usually quite blunt, witty and charismatic. He has a lot in common, in that respect, to some of INTL's most key original members, such as wheezy and PR. Surt fits in well.

Sally - While his actions have led to the closure of INTL, it does not seem that he has actually turned people off from INTL. More often than not, the fact that he is a legend here suggests that he has become an INTL internet meme. Even though INTL had closed during times which Sally was active, it is not as important as Sandamnit's own feelings and perceptions of INTL at those times. Given the nature of Sandamnit then, it is highly likely that contemporary forumers would much more easily aggravate that Sandamnit to close the forums now. Sally was much like a Fark/4chan forumer for the time he was here. He has more in common with how Tazzo and BB act, then of a revolutionary or a troll. In this respect, he can be seen as no more villainous for his actions, than of those of any aforementioned forumer.

I could name many others that have done things which may or may have led to INTL closing, to forumers leaving, to acts of "evil", to flame wars or drama. I, Snowy, ETH, Vervet, FA, among so many others can be included in that. The problem is, it's very unlikely to narrow down certain events to the actions of one person, and then to analyze that person in a wholly negative concept. Since most of us have been here for years, some of actually going on 6 or more years, the youngest "newbies" onto somewhere up to a year or two, we can perceive of eachother's weaknesses and strengths fairly indiscretely. You have a multitude of relationships, contributions and other factors that don't narrow down what exactly each forumer on simple terms.

I can take for the example Vervet, Snowy, kayte or dani. As much as I have had negative feelings towards all of them, and in some conceptions I still do, I can't deny that there have been things they've done for INTL that have been for the positive. I can't say that without them, INTL would be better off. On the contrary, it would be a clear estimate that it would be quite the opposite. Perhaps in the comedic aspects, someone could be a villain. In the concept of those who try to do ill towards INTL, well then the only thing I can truly call a villain are the servers of INTL's past. 2006 rings a bell here.
This reply was last edited on 02-13-08 04:05:52 PM by Sunn O))).
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 15 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:03:23 PM)

I wanna change my vote to Sunny. Your over-analysis will be the death of intl.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 16 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:04:06 PM)

gawd you think about the internet far too much, sunny.

*edit

hi tartarus..we had the same thought and practically the same time, eh?

I liek piez. And freedom! -- Dr. Ron Paul
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 17 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:05:27 PM)

except I was more suave about it coal
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 18 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:06:11 PM)

Quoted from Tartarus:
except I was more suave about it coal

i am the iron fist, you the velvet glove.

I liek piez. And freedom! -- Dr. Ron Paul
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 19 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:06:54 PM)

I am riding on an 'after intensive discussion seminar class' wave. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I'm in a discussing mood.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 20 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:07:58 PM)

Haha.

You're wonderful, sunny.

Quote:
It is evident that forumers have gone away either directly because of his actions (Skye) or because of his presence (pretty much everyone else).

You think many people have actually left because of vissarios impact on the forum?

It seems like most people had more or less left even before he registered.
DRAHNIER
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 21 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:09:14 PM)

Quote:

You think many people have actually left because of vissarios impact on the forum?

Whether it's true or not, he'll probably jerk off to the idea of this later tonight.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:15:42 PM)

Hey, i'm beyond good and evil coal
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 23 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:17:45 PM)

Quote:
gawd you think about the internet far too much, sunny.

*edit

You have 4 thousand posts at a forum where you constantly claim you don't even like the other posters, but i'm sure your IRL activities are extremely rich and fulfilling...
DRAHNIER
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 24 of 62 (Originally posted on: 02-13-08 04:19:26 PM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
Haha.

You're wonderful, sunny.

Quote:
It is evident that forumers have gone away either directly because of his actions (Skye) or because of his presence (pretty much everyone else).

It seems like most people had more or less left even before he registered.

For Skye (and to a certain degree Kayte), there's no doubt. She left mostly because of vissario. He was the catalyst that finally made her say fuck it.

For others, it's a number of factors for which vissario is occasionally used as a scapegoat for not visiting as much before. These factors could be anything: growing older, loosing touch, a lack of activity here, no interesting topics, moving on, a better more intensive social life, lack of drama, "slow" server, too much work, too much class... the list goes on. I have heard of vissario being a turn off. There are others that are turn offs, certainly. I can imagine the move from Sandamnit to IF0/TRC was a turn-off for quite a few. I can imagine I have been a turn off. I can imagine Snowy has been one, too. Vissario is brought up by those that bring him up, partly because he agitates people. He entices people to respond, and often changes the thread or makes up the largest portion of them. The reason he's in the FAQ so much, is because what he says and how we react makes up most of the threads here. Vissario has become entertainment for most of us.

For those who haven't gotten used to vissario, can't accept vissario, yet find that by ignoring him they are ignoring our responses in the process (and a number of the active threads); to them, vissario is a disruption. They would probably much prefer a case where they can enter a thread, give an opinion, and leave. Lurk maybe, because that's what most of us tend to do, and prefer to do with the given factors that are effecting how much time we spend here, and what we actually end up posting. But he aggravates them. Puts them on the spot, drives them to respond and get embroiled in 'internet business'.

It's ultimately good for INTL, because vissario does help to keep people posting, but to some he's not. I'd expect nothing less than for vissario to masturbate to this. But it just shows again vissario's piteous nature that he'd do so.

It's just a strange nature of INTL. We accept people after a certain amount of hazing, and they soon enough become a part of this forum - like a form of borg assimilation. It's just that, we are also selective. A lot of us can't accept a wave of new regulars in this forum that easily. We are more content with our community of people who've been here for years, that bringing in one or two people into the fold is okay. It would be particularly interesting, and I'd expect no less, that while there will be people to go and the occasional person to replace them and be fully integrated into this community, that there will still be people here who will be in their 60s or 70s. That, given if INTL survives the next 40 years, we would still be bickering as old gents.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4149 | Total Posts: 62 ]