Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Evolution of my hair > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1885 | Total Posts: 20 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 02-11-08 10:51:56 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I've recently undergone a dramatic change in appearance and thought I would share it with you all in the sake of new threads.

Up until last week,this is what i looked liked.

But I'm jumping ahead of myself. Lets go back to what I normally look like. I say normally and find it funny because I had to go back 3 years to find a picture of myself of what I normally look like. And unfortunately for me, the only picture I could find of myself without other people in it, is a picture in which I look kind of homosexual. I don't normally look homosexual, i hope, but thats what my hair normally looks like.

But then I decided it was time for a change. All of my friends have had long hair and I never really grew mine out too long. So i committed myself to the idea. As you can tell, I was thrilled about it at first or maybe just hungover I forget it was a long time ago.

Now you see me in my Bob Dylan phase, a phase which lasted for one night, Halloween. If I curled my hair I think it would have been pretty good.

But then I got greedy and temporarily lost my sanity, as evident by the blue women's sweater and the black bandanna. But my main point is that I decided to grow out a beard.

Later, I started to kinda like the beard and thought that I was obligated to look like a lumberjack. So I went out and bought a red flannel shirt and chop wood in my back yard. And as a reward I chugged a pitcher of beer. Those were the glory days...

However, three days ago I started to resemble a deranged homeless guy or maybe Hey Zeus or Cat Stevens or George Harrison. So after 80 days of not shaving and over a year without a haircut of any kind I decided to make a change.

I thought shaving the beard would have been an extremely painful process. Turns out the most painful thing about it was the half hour it took to complete the task and the cold that my cheeks now feel.

Then came time for the final deed. While driving to get my haircut my hands were actually shaking but I went through with it anyway. and....tada

Now I look like a frat d-bag but oh well. I actually scared myself by walking by a mirror. I jumped when I saw myself out of the corner of my eye thinking that some random guy was in the room with me.

And that concludes the current chapter 1 of the evolution of my hair. Chapter 2: Balding, coming soon...
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 11:07:56 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm surprised it took you 80 days to grow that beard ??????

The third photo down makes you look like Kenny from Kenny vs Spenny.

I think you look the hottest in your blue sweater/lumberjack phase, but then again I have a thing for stubbly long haired guys.

Your eyebrows need to be plucked
This reply was last edited on 02-11-08 11:15:52 AM by Sunn O))).
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 2 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 12:13:08 PM)

I would but I would probably fuck up and make everything worse
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 3 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 12:28:10 PM)

Get one of your female friends to do it.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 01:25:56 PM)

Just have them trim your eyebrows at the barber shop. No need to be a queen.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 02:00:40 PM)

I thought this thread would be about balding heads.

I don't have a balding head myself.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 02:36:54 PM)

Quote:
Picture #8

Tyr?

I'm within a couple months of hacking off all my hair and donating it to Locks of Love. When I do, I'll bump this thread and post pictures of the deed.

PS. Hoff you look much better without extensive facial hair.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo

Sunny: I'm actually vissario in disguise
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 7 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 03:05:39 PM)

I wish I could actually grow a beard. Curse my blond hair!

It's about time I hacked off my long hair. Although I kinda enjoy the auto-hippy status that I have.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 8 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 03:13:03 PM)

yea i kinda started to enjoy appearing a part of the counter culture kinda class haha.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 9 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 03:21:41 PM)

The thing is, I hate how my hair is without a hat. With a hat it looks fine, and fitting. When I have to be formal, though, I feel kinda silly, hence why I want a haircut. I'd be losing about... um, 6 inches or so. 15cm for the euros.
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1306 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 03:22:41 PM)

Don't worry about the short hair. You'll grow it back over the next little while. I think somewhere between the long and short would look good, but I like hair, so there you go. Short hair doesn't look the best on you, though. Then again, this is the opinion of a straight male, so I may not be your first choice for aesthetics advice.
how is this for a quote
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 11 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 04:10:46 PM)

It was a fun ride. Personally I think it looks best at shirtless length. But it worked at all stages I think.

But yeah its pretty cool how having long hair gives you auto-street cred. with the hippy crew. It also gives you a hippy stigma at times but thats easy to defer.

I'll be getting a haircut in about a month. I guess i'll post pictures but I've been doing the long-hair-then-cut once twice maybe thrice a year for the past 4 years, so its not as big of an event for me anymore.

I'd grow a beard but it'll take too long and my 12 day beard itches to much to get past.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 12 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 06:39:11 PM)

oh I forgot to add in the poem about my beard that I wrote right after I shaved it off...

Ode To My Fallen Beard

One by one you appeared on me
You started to get itchy and wouldn't leave me be
But you got strong and became my friend
Maybe one day i'll see you again
Then came that fateful day
And I think you'll agree
What else can I say
But hey, you grew on me

In Loving Memory of my Beard, died on exactly its 80th day of life. You will be missed.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 13 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 08:33:58 PM)

I'm glad you didn't post that in PP because it wouldn't have gone over well.

The last line, though, is hilarious.
i am raising my eyebrow

Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 14 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 08:41:44 PM)

haha yea, its not a serious poem, its one I wrote in like two minutes to make fun of how serious I was taking the hair change
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 15 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 08:55:52 PM)

Quoted from Hoff:

Congrats on coming full-circle with this.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 16 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-11-08 08:57:12 PM)

Quote:
haha yea, its not a serious poem, its one I wrote in like two minutes to make fun of how serious I was taking the hair change

The last time I went from long to short I cried. I'm impressed you held your composure, even though you're a dude.
i am raising my eyebrow

Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 17 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-12-08 03:21:03 PM)

Quote:
Your eyebrows need to be plucked

Nah, I think they look nice.

My preference lies in the category of short hair and as such I applaud the cut.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 18 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-12-08 03:26:02 PM)

The beard was terrible, you look much better now.

e: actually the picture with you in the bandanna is really good to, very attractive, although it would be better without the bandanna, it's more the light stubble.
This reply was last edited on 02-12-08 03:42:42 PM by Bebop.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 19 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-12-08 03:49:23 PM)

I was there the night of the bandana, it was pretty hot. Apparently he was mackin' some girl that none of us remember.

In all fairness I spent most of that night under a blanket shielding my eyes from what at the time seemed like an oppressively bright lamp.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 20 of 20 (Originally posted on: 02-12-08 04:59:29 PM)

I would probably lay bandana Hoff, too.

It could be because it reminds me of, IMO, the hottest man alive in that pic. Either way, mmm.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1885 | Total Posts: 20 ]