Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > Worst SuperBowl Ever!?!?! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 6214 | Total Posts: 89 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 01-20-08 08:12:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So being an Eagles fan I don't want any NFC East team to do well, especially not the Giants. Also, I do not want to see any team be deemed the best team of all time and go undefeated and win the super bowl. Plus, Boston has probably been the most successful city in sports this millennium, its time to share. And also I hate their fans almost as much if not more than new york fans. So long story short, worst superbowl ever. I might not even watch.

Who do you want to win?

Me? I dunno. Half of my college is from new york and never shut up about it, so screw them. And my roommate is a cocky boston sports fan, so screw that too. I might boycott the superbowl this year.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-20-08 08:15:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from Hoff:
So being an Eagles fan I don't want any NFC East team to do well, especially not the Giants.

ily Hoff <3
If I have to choose a team to win, I'm always going to choose whomever isn't the Patriots, even if it means putting my half-hearted support behind the Giants. Most of my friends are fucking Patriots fans, and I'm sick of their asses talking about how a bunch of cheaters comprises the "best team ever".
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 2 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 01:06:28 AM)

Growing up in the Iladelph all my life, I've come to truly hate the Giants and Cowboys. Going to Penn State I've come to hate the Steelers. Being a non-patriot football ban, I've grown to loathe the Patriots. As much as it kills me to do it, I'm going to have to hope the Giants win. And that sounds awful.

It's just so awful knowing that 2 weeks from now I'm going to be very very very upset that the Giants lost. Wow.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 3 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 03:45:27 AM)

The world championship, the best football team in the world*

*only american teams can participate
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 05:51:50 AM)

Quoted from Surt:

And soon to come: Toronto NFL

I'm not passionate about football in the slightest, but fuck the Patriots. Green Bay was the only team I liked for whatever reason.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 5 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 11:02:48 AM)

I was rooting for green bay too, but Favre sure blew it at the end of the game and again in OT.
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 6 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 12:03:27 PM)

*hate football...go commercials*
ben is a golden sex god ohmygodilovehim BONE BONE BONE
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 7 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 01:17:43 PM)

Quoted from Surt:

The worst NFL team would easily beat the best non-NFL team. The point is that anyone in the world can play in the NFL.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 8 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 01:21:58 PM)

the world series of baseball is pretty poorly named, baseball is popular in a lot of places now. Is it popular at all in europe? Or is that replaced by cricket or something. I wish soccer was big in america, i love soccer, but the MLS is pretty dull.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 9 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 01:26:32 PM)

I think it's very tactless.

The primera division from spain or the premier league from england are probably the best leagues in the world of football, but they don't use hyperboles or try to claim that the team who wins are the best...

And still, only teams from america.

Why not just call it the NFL champions, that is what it is, and still counts as something big, why drive it to excess and say WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Anyways, i rooted for the chargers....
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 02:52:16 PM)

Eh, it's pretty easy for the NFL to declare themselves the best league in the world, as there are no other competing leagues.

Oh, by the way, GO GIANTS!
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 11 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 03:49:18 PM)

Quoted from gr1m:
*hate football...go commercials*
That is the only reason to ever watch!

Also Janet Jackson's boob was totally worth watching the super bowl for too.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 12 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 04:47:33 PM)

w00t for tom petty doing the show.
ben is a golden sex god ohmygodilovehim BONE BONE BONE
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 13 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 05:16:59 PM)

Can somebody explain the cheating accusations to me?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 14 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 05:47:32 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
the patriots were caught with a video camera on the sideline video taping the other coaches giving signals which were calling plays. Than they could look at the signals and at the play afterwards and know which signal means what. So the next time they play that team they know what plays they are going to run when they are going to run it.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 15 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 06:52:41 PM)

So I agree that I this is the worst super bowl ever. Many years in the past I've been disappointed with the match-ups because I had extreme-apathy for both teams. That was boring, because obviously I want to see my favorite team (The Eagles) win, and since that never happens, I'd like to see a team I like win. Another option is seeing a team I hate lose.

This year there are two teams I hate, and whoever wins, I lose. Before I was kinda interested in seeing the Patriots have a perfect season, but that was when it was a vaguely possible future. Now its real and I'm remembering how much I hate the Patriots and how I don't want them to have success. Unfortunately, the only team that can stop them from their perfect season is my absolute least favorite team in the NFL. I fucking hate the New York Giants, and all New York teams of every sport (except for some reason I'm okay with The Jets. Probably because they suck and I never hear any annoying New Yorkers talk about them).

So yeah, its either watch my most hated team win the superbowl, or watch a team I hate do whats never been done and clinch their place in history as the first team to go 19-0.

PS I hate the Ms. Universe competition its so poorly named
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 16 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 07:05:45 PM)

Quote:

It really is.

Oh, and if anyone really gets angry over this, holy shit.

I have it with sports like i have with a movie, i might laugh or get scared or some other thing where i live myself into the action, but in the end....it's just entertainment.
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 07:08:45 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
Quote:

It really is.

Oh, and if anyone really gets angry over this, holy shit.

I have it with sports like i have with a movie, i might laugh or get scared or some other thing where i live myself into the action, but in the end....it's just entertainment.

I agree with everything you just said.

But yeah, it is poorly named, but until a non-earthling shows themselves to be a potential competitor in the competition, I'm not gonna care. Same way with the superbowl, as far as I know, no non-NFL team compares to even the worst NFL team.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 18 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 07:34:22 PM)

I was rooting for Greenbay since I just spent the past six months in WI but now I don't think ill be watching the superball this year.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 02:52:04 AM)

Quoted from Hoff:
Quoted from Ztolk:
the patriots were caught with a video camera on the sideline video taping the other coaches giving signals which were calling plays. Than they could look at the signals and at the play afterwards and know which signal means what. So the next time they play that team they know what plays they are going to run when they are going to run it.

That's considered cheating? I'd just call it "observation", and I'd expect all other teams to do the same. In fact I'd say it's unprofessional if they don't do it. It's like not studying the rival team and not preparing the game in advance.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Administrator

Reply 20 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 05:29:16 AM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Quoted from Hoff:
Quoted from Ztolk:

That's considered cheating? I'd just call it "observation", and I'd expect all other teams to do the same. In fact I'd say it's unprofessional if they don't do it. It's like not studying the rival team and not preparing the game in advance.

Yes its cheating. Its observant for a coach to study the opponents plays, and smart to come up with a game plan to try and take advantage of the other team's play style. But what play a team is about to run has to be a secret, or else its always going to be easy to defend it, and the team is going to get crushed. If both teams knew what play was being played on every down, football would be incredibly boring, the mental aspect would be diminished and every play would simply be a battle of who can run faster.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 21 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 12:59:11 PM)

Quote:
It's like not studying the rival team and not preparing the game in advance.

And when you video tape the opposing team, you then have the ability to study the rival team and prepare in advance for the next time you play them.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 22 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 01:05:57 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Sukkit:
Quoted from Hoff:
Quoted from Ztolk:

Yes its cheating. Its observant for a coach to study the opponents plays, and smart to come up with a game plan to try and take advantage of the other team's play style. But what play a team is about to run has to be a secret, or else its always going to be easy to defend it, and the team is going to get crushed. If both teams knew what play was being played on every down, football would be incredibly boring, the mental aspect would be diminished and every play would simply be a battle of who can run faster.
I thought the point of football was to see who was the strongest/fastest!!!
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 01:13:39 PM)

It's naive to think that they don't put alot of careful planning into each of their plays.

This isn't women's basketball...
D
Administrator

Reply 24 of 89 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 01:20:32 PM)

Quoted from the cast of freakaziod:
Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Sukkit:
Quoted from Hoff:
Quoted from Ztolk:

I thought the point of football was to see who was the strongest/fastest!!!

You thought wrong. There are track & field events that decide those things.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6214 | Total Posts: 89 ]