Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Share your paintings! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 7501 | Total Posts: 76 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Do you like Adam's paintings
This poll has expired.
Yes 3 votes, 42.857%
Average 4 votes, 57.143%
No, they suck 0 votes, 0%
Totals: 7 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-30-07 11:35:37 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Share some of your paintings!
Here are some of mine. I don't claim to be good, but I do enjoy painting i'm a serial-killer :)

"Hey there, Fancypants. Play the songs that make us dance. Play the tunes that make the ladies swoon. A song for all the lonely hearts, shattered dreams and broken parts. It feels like sunny days are coming soon."
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-30-07 06:28:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I say average, but it's definately way better than anything I could do. I applaud your effort though, both in painting and in trying to breath life into INTL
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-31-07 11:40:24 AM)

I like them, maybe I really like them. Do you ever do hear someone say, "I like it, they remind me of.....such and such" I felt like saying that, but it's annoying....and I don't know if it wold help or hurt your process, if you are looking at art, and interested/influenced by art history, it would be acceptable, but if you are kind of an outsider to that , then I think it would be better to not be tainted, maybe, I don't know...what I like is the way you paint, more than what you are depicting, but I dig that too. I hope to see more, also some better pictures of these.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-31-07 08:21:28 PM)

They remind me of some pictures from books in the children's section at the library. Especially that one with the hand. I could be reading about some kid figuring out that maybe they should bake a pie for mom's birthday because they had no money or whatever.
how is this for a quote
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 4 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-31-07 08:23:52 PM)

It's about average, really. Better than anything I could do, so props for that, but I'm not going to shell out millions (or even a couple dollars) for one.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 5 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-31-07 09:22:19 PM)

Snook, if you have millions to spend.....do you have millions?
Are you parodying what Tartarus said?

Saying they are "average" is awkward...they are in a way, but it's not a valid criticism as Nova isn't addressing that....I can't understand how anyone couldn't paint like this, you either dig it or you don't.
VAGINIAN

Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 6 of 76 (Originally posted on: 12-31-07 09:45:57 PM)

Pixies: No, I wish I had millions. I like the first one a lot though.

The paintings are very personal, and as you put it (in different words) aren't made for much beyond the makers pleasure.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 7 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-01-08 08:20:36 PM)

They remind me of certain children's books too. I'm not sure why, but the style seems familiar. I like them.

And, as far as criticism goes, to what art are you comparing them that makes them 'average'?
ben is a golden sex god ohmygodilovehim BONE BONE BONE
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 8 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-01-08 10:16:59 PM)

Quote:
The paintings are very personal, and as you put it (in different words) aren't made for much beyond the makers pleasure.

I don't know, I don't think I said that. If that is true, fine, I get what you mean,but the way you put it (sounds like it) undermines his work in an unnecessary way.
VAGINIAN

D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-01-08 11:21:44 PM)

Quoted from Mr Pixies:
Saying they are "average" is awkward...they are in a way, but it's not a valid criticism as Nova isn't addressing that..

How so? The poll asks "Do you like adam's paintings?" and one of the 3 options is "Average."
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 10 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-02-08 09:48:43 AM)

I didn't read that, polls are for fags. Ok, so Nova is using "average" to say "just ok", and that's how others have interpreted it, I see....but it still isn't valid as a criticism, if we were in a museum looking at these, and someone walks by and says. "these are average", and walks off, that means nothing, even if someone says, "I do not like or dislike these, I like them about average", saying you like or don't like isn't a criticism.
VAGINIAN

abused

Reply 11 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-03-08 07:51:36 AM)

Quote:
I like them, maybe I really like them. Do you ever do hear someone say, "I like it, they remind me of.....such and such"

No one has said that because I haven't really shown anyone yet. Go ahead. I don't know much art or painters so it won't affect me much anyway.

Thanks for all the comments though. I apologize for the confusing use of "average".
"Hey there, Fancypants. Play the songs that make us dance. Play the tunes that make the ladies swoon. A song for all the lonely hearts, shattered dreams and broken parts. It feels like sunny days are coming soon."
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 12 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-04-08 04:59:12 AM)

I think you should spent way more time on your paintings and don't just push them out so they can sit their. To me they seem like maybe and hour or two job tops and while I guess me saying this isn't much of a criticism, it does help to spend more time on them.

This thread really makes me want to break out the oils but first I must clean. Lets hope the thread doesn't die by the time I get something to show.
abused

Reply 13 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-04-08 10:16:45 PM)

Quoted from nandaron:
I think you should spent way more time on your paintings and don't just push them out so they can sit their. To me they seem like maybe and hour or two job tops and while I guess me saying this isn't much of a criticism, it does help to spend more time on them.

This thread really makes me want to break out the oils but first I must clean. Lets hope the thread doesn't die by the time I get something to show.

Good criticism. I usually do them in about an hour and a half.
abused

Reply 14 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-21-08 03:30:49 PM)

I made two more paintings:

I have to explain the first one so you don't think I'm crazy.
It's used to demonstrate how we are desensitized to the death of animals. Notice it looks like a happy face if you squint your eyes.

There is no story for the 2nd one.

Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 15 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 02:59:53 PM)

your pictures are gone
VAGINIAN

goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 16 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 03:13:21 PM)

The second one was a cool painting of a snow man that appeared to be melting in the evil rays of the sun. I liked it.

I cannot remember the other ones.
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 04:36:33 PM)

I've just recently gotten into painting. So far the only painting i've spent much effort on, I don't have a picture of. I gave it to my girlfriend as part of her Christmas gift. It wasn't anything to impressive though, but probably better than these other three.

The one of Dylan is acrylic, the others are watercolors. I'm very new to acrylic so I haven't yet experimented with colors yet.

I've spent more time in the past on my sketches than any of these though, heres a bunch of my sketches from my sketchbook.

Just having some fun, a somewhat complex doodle.

Portrait of Jim Morrison I did for the INTL MixCD's we did a while ago.

I did this while on an airplane. The crappy mechanical pencil I spent 4 bucks on at the airport ran out of graphite while i was still working on it.

Drew this while waiting through many delays to board above airplane.

Sketch and song inspired by the Mighty Mississippi.

Drew this mostly on a long car ride. It looks like my lines aren't straight, but I assure you its an optical illusion because of the angle I took the pictures. Kinda annoying cause I spent a while making sure the lines were straight, hard to do in a car.

A strong goat. Why, why not.

An exercise in perspective. Lots of straight lines.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 18 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 05:25:56 PM)

Quote:
Drew this mostly on a long car ride. It looks like my lines aren't straight, but I assure you its an optical illusion because of the angle I took the pictures. Kinda annoying cause I spent a while making sure the lines were straight, hard to do in a car.

Reminds me a lot of an Escher.

I took Scene Design last semester, and for the play True West we were required to do a watercolour rendering for the sets we designed. It's not a good photograph, but all told I spent about 15 hours on the stupid thing so I figured I'd share.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 19 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 07:39:51 PM)

Dimi, look up Hernan Bas.... Your straight line drawings are very good,

Ampy, I like, hard to see though,
VAGINIAN

kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 20 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 09:39:30 PM)

Uhhh once I painted like 1/3 of a paint by number before abandoning it!

lol.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 21 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-22-08 10:33:57 PM)

I wouldn't finish it,
VAGINIAN

D
Administrator

Reply 22 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-23-08 06:52:12 AM)

Quoted from Mr Pixies:
Dimi, look up Hernan Bas.... Your straight line drawings are very good,

Ampy, I like, hard to see though,

Thanks Pixies. I looked up Hernan Bas, interesting but i'm not really sure why you suggested him to me.

Amphy that looks good though hard to see.

I like yours too kayte, i'm impressed with the style.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 23 of 76 (Originally posted on: 01-23-08 07:44:50 PM)

Thanks guys, I'll try to take better/clearer pictures of it at some point.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Reply 24 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-06-08 08:02:29 PM)

Painting of my dog,

VAGINIAN

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7501 | Total Posts: 76 ]