Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Another School Shooting. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2956 | Total Posts: 30 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:07:49 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

And unfortunately for the American bashers, it was in Finland!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21669167/

Quote:
TUUSULA, Finland - At least seven people died when a gunman opened fire at a school in southern Finland on Wednesday, hours after a video was posted on YouTube predicting a school massacre.

"It's at least seven dead," medical response leader Eero Hirvensalo told The Associated Press. Another person was "severely injured," while 10 other people had minor injuries, Hirvensalo said.

A teacher at Jokela High School told Reuters the gunman was one of its pupils.

Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:14:34 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

what the fuck is "finland"?
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 2 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:44:25 AM)

Jesus Christ. Some pretty depressing shit.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:35:40 AM)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=369_1194449557

here the video. pretty fucked up.

on another note, who listens to that kinda shitty music? If you're a fucking up lunatic like this kid, okay, but if not its just plain gay.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 4 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:49:24 PM)

sounds like, I am the fire starta, twisited fire starta, but even worse. That kid was probably just mad he didn't know what good music was, someone should have introduced him to dylan.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:55:38 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
on another note, who listens to that kinda shitty music? If you're a fucking up lunatic like this kid, okay, but if not its just plain gay.
It's KMFDM, a fairly widely popular electronic-industrial band that has been around for years and years and years.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 6 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 08:59:17 PM)

I don't see how the proves dimi wrong, there are plenty of popular bands that just plain suck at coming up with good music. Like AC/DC, they blow, that doesn't really have anything to do with any, they just really suckass. And I don't care how talented/unique/revolutinary they were, their songs still suck.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 7 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:02:59 PM)

Quoted from Hoff:
I don't see how the proves dimi wrong, there are plenty of popular bands that just plain suck at coming up with good music. Like AC/DC, they blow, that doesn't really have anything to do with any, they just really suckass. And I don't care how talented/unique/revolutinary they were, their songs still suck.
Please, go on.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:16:31 PM)

I thought that was Prodigy (The Fire Starter thing)
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
D
Administrator

Reply 9 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:35:13 PM)

KMFDM, I don't believe that you're my monolithic juggernaut. I don't believe you and I don't believe your Casio keyboard either.

I don't care if they're widely popular. Shitty empty lyrics are one thing when people can relate to them. A song that creates an atmosphere (or any kind, whether it be a flowery meadow or the 8th circle of hell) is one thing if the music or the lyrics actually are able to accomplish that. But for the 99% of us that aren't psychopathic killers, this brand is just silly. If you're all fucked up and about to commit mass murder suicide, okay, I accept you thinking this song rocks. Otherwise its just a tad gay.
This reply was last edited on 11-07-07 09:45:09 PM by D.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 10 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:42:15 PM)

Quote:
Like AC/DC, they blow, that doesn't really have anything to do with any, they just really suckass.

Well that's pretty absurd. Thunderstruck is fantastic.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 11 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-07-07 09:56:19 PM)

Pretty interesting how a simple identification and a very brief background on a band can yield such a negative and scathing response.

Can't quite say I'm a fan of KMFDM or most industrial in general, but I must admit that Hoff and Dimi sound like my grandparents describing any music created after 1954.

"Oh man, only killers and psychopaths listen to that crazy devil music!"

Give me a fucking break.

edit: and you're right, Firestarter is Prodigy, off of the album Fat Of The Land, a pretty monumental badass album.
ZBrisk
I AM BETTER THAN THE ARENA!

Alloy's Gimp

Ballkicks: (+44 / -58)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 12 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 01:47:28 AM)

Apparently there was some Youtube drama where this guy got into a flame war with "TheAmazingAtheist".

It goes to show that retarded Social Darwinist Individualist internet trolls are bound to go insane and kill themselves. Sorry Vissario MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
D
Administrator

Reply 13 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 05:43:47 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Pretty interesting how a simple identification and a very brief background on a band can yield such a negative and scathing response.

Can't quite say I'm a fan of KMFDM or most industrial in general, but I must admit that Hoff and Dimi sound like my grandparents describing any music created after 1954.

Give me a fucking break.

edit: and you're right, Firestarter is Prodigy, off of the album Fat Of The Land, a pretty monumental badass album.

Yeah yeah fuck you too. Like I said,

Quote:
Shitty empty lyrics are one thing when people can relate to them. A song that creates an atmosphere (or any kind, whether it be a flowery meadow or the 8th circle of hell) is one thing if the music or the lyrics actually are able to accomplish that.

My point is, most music in general doesn't have good lyrics, which is something I usually prefer. However I understand people listening to songs with simplistic lyrics when its about stuff that they can relate to (almost all pop music). I have no doubts that there are people out there that write amazing songs about being the devil - I know its more than possible.

At least with a lot of pop music, the music captures the atmosphere. Often times with this type of music, the only atmosphere it captures is a the drum&synth room at a music store.

So, unless we're talking about a really good band, which don't come around to often, we're left with a bunch of guys singing shitty lyrics and playing weak music. Which happens a lot, only in this case the guys are singing about stuff that no sane person should be able to relate to.

I know i'm coming off as sort of high-and-mighty with this, but i'm really not. I don't hold genre's above others, or judge people based on what type of music they listen to. I'm just saying i've heard a lot of shitty, really lame metal type music. I've heard some good too, but I'm not talking about that. It just strikes me as really lame for anyone who is rocking out to the lame variety because I know they can't relate to it, and I know theres nothing deeper in there for them to be drawing from.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 14 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 05:59:52 AM)

Quote:
I know i'm coming off as sort of high-and-mighty with this, but i'm really not. I don't hold genre's above others, or judge people based on what type of music they listen to. I'm just saying i've heard a lot of shitty, really lame metal type music. I've heard some good too, but I'm not talking about that. It just strikes me as really lame for anyone who is rocking out to the lame variety because I know they can't relate to it, and I know theres nothing deeper in there for them to be drawing from.

What are you arguing here? That KMFDM didn't innovate and build upon the proto-techno/industrial music that was in Europe at the time? KMFDM isn't my cup of tea either, but if you listen to the synth in their songs, they set an example that is still being followed today. Is it that inconceivable that people have different tastes?

Or are you arguing that it's weird that some kid who obviously took himself way too seriously listened to music that fit the profile of the type of person he wanted to appear to be?
D
Administrator

Reply 15 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 10:22:38 AM)

Yeah I know I'm being snotty. I apologize for that, I don't really mean it. I hate when people get judgmental about stupid stuff like this, especially music. I don't mean to imply anything about people who listen to this music.

Ever hear something (musically) you don't like and let out how you feel about it? Thats what I was doing. Doesn't mean I'm right cause no one can be when it comes to this kinda stuff, so I don't intend to try and have a real discussion about this because it would lead pretty much nowhere.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 16 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 10:41:24 AM)

Quote:
It goes to show that retarded Social Darwinist Individualist internet trolls are bound to go insane and kill themselves. Sorry Vissario

I'll make firebombing INTL's host server my final act.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 17 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 01:52:28 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Hoff and Dimi sound like my grandparents describing any music created after 1954.

Give me a fucking break.

Maybe I read something from your original post that you didn't intend, but you defintely missed my point. Dimi said something negative about the song, and you appeared to justify the song by explaining that it is popular. I was trying to explain that just because a band is popular doesn't automatically mean that everything they do is good. I don't care if people love every song from KMFDM, the crazy murder loves them, great, the typical boring person loves them too, cool. I wasn't saying people shouldn't listen to whatever they enjoy. I was just saying that popularity has little to nothing to do with the actual quality of music a band produces. In my opinion at least, gaining fame has more to do with luck than actual talent. Just stating that something is popular isn't a justification.

If you were looking at my first post, that was just a joke, maybe I could have made that more clear.

Sorry if I was looking too far into what you said, but thanks for completely twisting what I wrote.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 18 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 02:08:44 PM)

Quote:
If you were looking at my first post, that was just a joke, maybe I could have made that more clear.
You're pretty good at sarcasm.

Britney Spears is also popular.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 19 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 02:31:54 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quote:
You're pretty good at sarcasm.

Britney Spears is also popular.
I actually wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but ok. And yes Britney Spears is popular, so?
D
Administrator

Reply 20 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 04:26:33 PM)

by the by, Backstreet Boys just released a new album (true statement).
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Reply 21 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 04:40:23 PM)

and on a related note, lance bass spoke at my school last night.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 22 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-08-07 06:34:09 PM)

Does this have something to do with 4chan? I'm new to 4chan and saw this today there. I didn't really read, but was this guy there and they told him to do it?

And I'm not familiar with KMFDM but from what I've heard, they'd be really awesome if they would just shut up....
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 23 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-09-07 01:52:44 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
by the by, Backstreet Boys just released a new album (true statement).

Screw the BSB, I'm copping the new Spice Girls album
The Big Deal
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 30 (Originally posted on: 11-09-07 03:45:06 AM)

didnt I upload the KMFDM discography a while ago? who wanted that?

I love how there was one or two posts about the actual shooting, and then we digress into a music discussion
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2956 | Total Posts: 30 ]