Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > McDonalds Monopoly! I won! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 10026 | Total Posts: 39 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
(Originally posted on: 10-11-07 10:09:13 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It has only been a week since McDonald's started their annual Monopoly promo. I have been playing one meal a day (I can barely stand McDonald's food) and I won a free game download from Real Arcade. I had the choice of either "Monopoly-Here & Now" or "Yahtzee". Since I collect the Monopoly board games I took the Monopoly Here & Now game.

It's cool because I was looking at buying it ($20) now I don't have to. It sucks because If something happens to my PC the game is gone. The download sends an install key and downloads to your PC fully installed. There is a slight redeeming factor though I have 18 months of download availability of the game from Real Arcade. My only gripe is that I want the CD for the game too.
It's about time you changed your signature, isn't it?
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 10:38:49 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

wtf?

I thought it was only a myth that people really are dumb enough to buy things only because of the glimmer of a reward at the end.

Lotteries and instant-prizes are the heroin and crack of stupid people.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 10:51:59 AM)

Lotteries are not about hope or rewards, but about envy.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 11:39:02 AM)

After the very first Monopoly promotion, my cousin and I discovered that I had Boardwalk and she had Park Place. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Quotables
[22:36] sunniesrevenge: I don't have to be drunk to love you
[01:31] DeathofSmokey: I am a man and therefore a tool for women to utilize as they wish
[16:52] rchif0: i want your cock

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 12:00:51 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
wtf?

I thought it was only a myth that people really are dumb enough to buy things only because of the glimmer of a reward at the end.

I only play because I am addicted to Monopoly and the high you get from making imaginary real estate transactions and trying to make more money off people by building imaginary buildings for them to rent whenever they pass by. I also am caught by the whole "GO" thing and getting money from free parking. The promotion at McDonald's only ensures that I am well fed during the process.

Also I am a winner and you are not.

Quoted from Sukkit:
Lotteries are not about hope or rewards, but about envy.

Yes, envy me for I have won a Monopoly game from a Monopoly game...somethings not right about that statement.

Quoted from Zippo:
After the very first Monopoly promotion, my cousin and I discovered that I had Boardwalk and she had Park Place. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

So you two were the ones that prevented me from winning that year. J/K
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 12:13:10 PM)

Quote:
Yes, envy me for I have won a Monopoly game from a Monopoly game...somethings not right about that statement.

What's not right is that you don't get it because I'm being pointlessly obscure on purpose. Now try to decipher it if you want.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 01:59:09 PM)

Quoted from vissario:

I always thought lotteries were more of a tax on people who can't do math.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 7 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 01:59:28 PM)

I currently own two yellow properties, a red one, a railroad and a 20% off at foot locker. I should take a bunch of people out to eat and harvest their monopoly pieces.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 8 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 02:45:55 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Quote:

What's not right is that you don't get it because I'm being pointlessly obscure on purpose. Now try to decipher it if you want.

Wait a minute...I thought I was being ... No, I was just being pointless. meh
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 9 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 03:11:03 PM)

my least favorite thing about promotions, is all the spam that comes with it "Selling Park Place and Boardwalk!!!".

Now, the occasional eating crap food, and the shot at winning, is fine, but...come on...you're not thinking straight if you're voluntarily eating that ickyness day after day, just to get a free download...
if you're going to do that, wait until it's something you enjoy eating/drinking.

I'm waiting for the Monster promotions.
ben is a golden sex god ohmygodilovehim BONE BONE BONE
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 10 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 03:15:44 PM)

Your just furthering the stereotype that Americans will eat fatty foods for prizes.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 11 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 04:20:17 PM)

i thought stereotypes were set in place to sell products OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!?

A paradox *kicks up feet after taking a sip of pepsi*
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-11-07 06:39:19 PM)

We played this far too much last year. We won a few games, some prints at kinko's or something, and a cell phone ring tone, among more greasy food.

It was absolutely sickening, but hilarious at the same time.
how is this for a quote
candicecan
INTL Premium Member
Candicecan and Candice did

manscaping

Ballkicks: (+48 / -4)
Reg. Date: May 2007
Reply 13 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-12-07 01:58:31 PM)

I've not eaten at a Macdonald's in something like over 2 years- i was a sucker for the mcrib commercial and went and got one- needless to say it tasted like shit- i threw it down i was so disappointed.
The woods are lovely dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep... did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep...
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 14 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-12-07 11:23:20 PM)

Quoted from Science Brad:
I currently own two yellow properties, a red one, a railroad and a 20% off at foot locker. I should take a bunch of people out to eat and harvest their monopoly pieces.

I think everyone gets the foot locker thing. I am happy though because I need shoes right now.

I liked the McRib MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I eat at Mcdonalds because the one down here is open 24 hours and I am an insomniac so I do it at...well, I think I'll go now.
Sex
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 15 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-15-07 04:08:34 PM)

Umm...there's a big difference between this McDonalds Monopoly promotion and the lottery. What happens if you buy a lottery ticket and lose? You've just wasted your money. What if you buy an extra value meal, and don't get anything useful from the monopoly pieces? You eat your delicious McDonald's meal and walk away contented. And note that you're walking away towards your bathroom.

Plus, I'm making a killing this year. I've won a medium fries. How fucking sweet is that?

Anyone do anything online with this? Might not be a terrible idea if it's a really quick thing.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 11:43:56 AM)

My wife is getting excited about the Toys R Us coupons. She works with kids in a birth to three program and she likes to get new toys to keep kids interested.

The online game is ok...they use your email & birth date to keep track of your properties collected. You can only enter 10 codes a day. Yesterday they had a crash which voided the code I had entered at the time. It only takes about ten minutes or so to enter all ten codes. So it kinda goes along with checking email or something.

So far I've won three breakfast sandwiches on the instant win. Which is cool cause the McDonald's nearest to where I live upgrades the coupon to the value meal.

I should've done my own Supersize Me documentary as I'm starting to feel ill just eating there once a day.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 17 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 12:50:59 PM)

I ate a double cheeseburger from there two nights ago and have had the weirdest taste in the top of my mouth since.

I'm scared MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 18 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 01:15:03 PM)

I hope that Kaos wins 1million dollars through this just so we all feel like asses for calling him stupid.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 19 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 01:31:04 PM)

haha thanks for telling us all about another exciting chapter in your life, whens your autobiography out?
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 20 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 05:27:03 PM)

Quoted from Fagzo:
haha thanks for telling us all about another exciting chapter in your life, whens your autobiography out?
Don't give him ideas!
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 21 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 06:43:59 PM)

We should compile a list of who has what pieces and then share. Odds would be increased that way.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 22 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-16-07 08:06:37 PM)

Quoted from gr1m:
I'm waiting for the Monster promotions.

The drink, or the A/V Equipment?
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 23 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-17-07 08:18:14 AM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Quoted from vissario:

I always thought lotteries were more of a tax on people who can't do math.

Close; it is measure of control which helps keep poor people poor and entertained! Sort of like television and social welfare!
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 24 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-17-07 09:27:56 AM)

who has boardwalk. I have park place....
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10026 | Total Posts: 39 ]