Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > INTL v4 code > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1008 | Total Posts: 1 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 10-05-07 08:29:32 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I posted this in the c plus plus (shouldn't that mean the more fun) thread and figured it was significant enough to warrant its own thread. I've recently kinda admitted to myself that I'll probably never actually develop the code any further than it currently is, so I wanted to share it with whomever may actually get some use out of it.

It's imperfect and I make no claims that is in any way, shape, or form completely amazing and record-breaking. It's flawed code and honestly, I regret trying to tackle such a huge project with such a flawed and terrible language such as PHP.

Were I to try and write an INTL v5, I would do it in Java with a Postgres database backend.

The biggest issue I came across in the development of v4 was that I tried to include way too much versatility and customization. In its current state, as an administer, you can completely alter every single aspect of the output HTML. Sounds great and it would've been amazing proprietary software, but as I added more and more features, it just kinda started collapsing like a house of cards, yet I frantically tried to rebuild, it just kept getting worse and worse. I swallowed more than I could chew and toward the end, it started to show.

So, for those of you out there who might want to check it out, here it is in all its glory, feel free to steal code, reuse it for your own devises, criticize my coding style (i.e. "YOU SUCK AT COMMENTS"), compliment me even!

One thing to note though, without the corresponding database to go with the code, you won't be able to recreate your own INTL forum or view what it looks like without dredging through the old INTL v4 Sneak Preview thread in Inside Discussions. Though, you will probably notice fairly quickly that there is no HTML in any of the files, except for the files in the admin folder, this goes back to the concept I originally had of allowing absolute and total control of the HTML output to the administrators.

So here it is: http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Sandamnit/v4.rar
Jesuß
INTL Premium Member
Healing America by Beating People Up

It's "erroneous," you uptight fairy.

Ballkicks: (+137 / -34)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 1 (Originally posted on: 10-06-07 12:04:54 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Could you give us an idea of the database schema it's looking for, then?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1008 | Total Posts: 1 ]