Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Life is quite a ride > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3142 | Total Posts: 38 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 08-07-07 08:49:26 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Sup dudes.

So I am actually officially back on INTL, I have a laptop of my own now for college and shit and I guess I'll be regularly dropping by.

So, like here's the update.

I totally stopped doing drugs, I'm going to college in 14 days to major in finance with a pre-law focus. I've been in outpatient rehab for about a month now, which has been that kind of rock bottom experience I needed to finally get my shit together. I'll probably continue doing outpatient classes at another hospital by my campus for at least the first semester or two I'm there, which is by my own choice, because I've realized I really do need the help.

I was looking over some of my old posts with a very odd feeling. Last time I was a regular poster here was like two years ago, I was a 16 year old kid who thought he was invincible. I come back now as a legal adult, and really wish I could undo some of the things I was advocating in those old ranting posts of mine.

Life is fucking serious, that's been my most profound epiphany. I could have ended up so much worse than I am now. I could fill up a few pages about all the crazy ass close calls I've been in, all the near misses and chest clutching moments. It hasn't been worth it.

I feel I've had enough psychedelic experiences and mind expanding trips for one life time, it's time to plug myself into reality and stop trying to escape through these substances, because that's what it really boiled down to, escapism.

Now I am not some turn-around judgmental teetotaler. I've realized that moderation with substances such as alcohol and pot are just fine, as long as I don't let the acquisition and consumption of said substances affect my daily life. It is possible to use them responsibly, and have a merry time. Anything harder than that, fuck it. Never, ever again.

Anyway, I just kind of felt like writing this stuff down, hopefully some of you all can relate to it.

Much <3 INTL and I'm totally going to stick around for real this time

P.S. thanks for keeping my lounge i'm a serial-killer :)
Iím the new king, Iíll take the queen...

[12:34am] <14Xunny> It may be highly viscous, but it doesn't mean it will stay there forever.
[12:34am] <04AntiAmi> my member is better now
[12:34am] <04AntiAmi> it stopped burning yesterday
[12:34am] <14Xunny> and Menion should shut the fuck up
[12:34am] <06+JimRowley> well i dunno bout the underaged literotica stuff
[12:34am] <06+Amphytrite> that's the spirit, sunny.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-07-07 08:54:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Congrats on getting your life together. That sort of experience and commitment to reality will come in handy as the following years bring you more responsibility. Good luck.
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 12:31:09 AM)

You never invited me to your lounge UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 3 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 01:12:38 AM)

I wish my younger brother could have had such an experience. He can't even hold down the most menial of jobs and has pretty much given up on life. Of course, pot and alcohol are involved, but in his case, I think they are more symptoms than causes.

If you've had drug problems in the past though, it's never easy to totally escape them. Moderation is fine, but becomes difficult for those that have been on the extremes. I know an alcoholic in the area who insists he's living a "moderate" lifestyle and only drinks a "few" (10-20) beers a day.

On the other hand, my mom has been going to AA for years and keeps telling me "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic". I don't really buy that, but it might be a good philosophy to have for someone that has trouble with moderation.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 4 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 07:48:59 AM)

Quoted from Skizzles:
Life is fucking serious, that's been my most profound epiphany. I could have ended up so much worse than I am now. I could fill up a few pages about all the crazy ass close calls I've been in, all the near misses and chest clutching moments. It hasn't been worth it.

How can you say that?

If you hadn't of learned something important from all of those "near misses" and "close ass calls", you probably wouldn't be tooting your own horn on how much have you matured. In fact, if you had floated through all of that learning nothing from the experience, you probably would still be loading up on drugs and making your existence as valuable to society as an amoeba.

What does not kill you makes you stronger, while what kills you proves that you aren't strong enough.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reply 5 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 09:45:19 AM)

Your lounge was always my favorite forum.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member

I <3 you too.

Reply 6 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 11:30:33 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Skizzles:

How can you say that?

If you hadn't of learned something important from all of those "near misses" and "close ass calls", you probably wouldn't be tooting your own horn on how much have you matured. In fact, if you had floated through all of that learning nothing from the experience, you probably would still be loading up on drugs and making your existence as valuable to society as an amoeba.

What does not kill you makes you stronger, while what kills you proves that you aren't strong enough.

I meant the actual drug use itself is what's not worth it, and the close calls, although I suppose they were learning experiences, I'd probably rather I didn't have to have them.

[12:34am] <14Xunny> It may be highly viscous, but it doesn't mean it will stay there forever.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 7 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 11:39:12 AM)

In the end, our experiences make up who we are. [/cliche]
Hello my name is Kristoffer JÝrgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member

I <3 you too.

Reply 8 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 11:49:56 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
You never invited me to your lounge UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

Access granted coal

Welcome to the family

Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 9 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 11:56:37 AM)

What is this lounge you speak of? It sounds like a den of sin and excess.
Hello my name is Kristoffer JÝrgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member

I <3 you too.

Reply 10 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 11:59:25 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
What is this lounge you speak of? It sounds like a den of sin and excess.

it's this private sub-forum i own.

It's like an opium den, except no chinks allowed.

atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 11 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 12:30:11 PM)

Quoted from Skizzles:
Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Skizzles:

How can you say that?

I meant the actual drug use itself is what's not worth it, and the close calls, although I suppose they were learning experiences, I'd probably rather I didn't have to have them.

If you didn't have them, you would never had realized the value of life?

If you never had that realization, would you be better off or worse off?

edit: fixed
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 12:36:22 PM)

It's possible that he could have come to similar realizations through other (safer) means.
this is my music i hope you like it
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 13 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 12:41:52 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
It's possible that he could have come to similar realizations through other (safer) means.

I doubt it.

We humans do not learn or progress unless there is a problem forcing us to do so.

If Napoleon did not have a problem keeping his food fresh during his campaigns, he would have never commissioned someone to create an effective method of canning.

If the Allied powers were not concerned that the Axis powers were developing a nuclear bomb of their own, they themselves would have never bothered to make one.

And if Skizzle had never learned how easily life is taken away by substance abuse, he would not have had the "epiphany" to clean up his life and discontinue using drugs.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 02:47:03 PM)

I didn't know Skizzles Lounge still existed.

Anyway good job on not being a loser forever i'm a serial-killer :) I support this lifestyle change wholeheartedly and congratulate you on your continuing maturation.

*GOLD STAR*
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 15 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 03:24:45 PM)

fucking pussy. what's so serious about life? everyone's got one. waste it and have fun on the way. nothing you do is going to mean shit in fifty years.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 16 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-08-07 09:04:58 PM)

You forgot to add the BORING tag to your thread!
Sex
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 17 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 09:52:54 AM)

Anyway good job on not being a loser forever. I support this lifestyle change wholeheartedly and congratulate you on your continuing masterbation.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 18 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 10:46:59 AM)

In other news, I have just recently started several debilitating drug habits.

I feel like I've had enough mundane experiences and mind numbing trips to work, school, the doctor, and the occasional prostitute. I think it's time to plug myself into fantasy and stop trying to escape through reality. Because that's what it boils down to...escapism.

I think sometimes it pays to realize that most of us just aren't dying fast enough!

THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Sex
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 19 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 01:45:42 PM)

Smokey, I have several brochures that I found in bathroom that I'd like you to read.
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 20 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 02:22:53 PM)

Good job. Your next challenge is to cure the deadly cancer and for extra credit AIDS.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 21 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 03:36:28 PM)

Quoted from Science Brad:
Good job. Your next challenge is to cure the deadly cancer and for extra credit AIDS.

We could "cure" cancer with the aid of eugenics and the clean-up of the environment and prevent AIDS through the promotion of safer sex practices, abstinence, or death. It's technocrats like you who think that can fix all of society's many problems by stuffing a pill down our mouth or a needle in our arm, not by empowering people to fix it on their own.

Indeed, you would be out of the job if that ever happened! And that, of course, would be a bad thing for yourselves... society.
Sixten Sparre
…pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 04:42:26 PM)

i'm dropping out of school to pursue a TV career. i already have my own reality action show, where i run through baltimore, chicago, laos, the country of chad with a t-shirt that says "nigger", it's called Angry Monkeyman
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 23 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 05:36:43 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Science Brad:

We could "cure" cancer with the aid of eugenics and the clean-up of the environment

On second thought, is cancer really THAT bad?

I don't know but I do love littering.
Sex
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 24 of 38 (Originally posted on: 08-09-07 07:07:54 PM)

Quote:
So I am actually officially back on INTL, I have a laptop of my own now for college and shit and I guess I'll be regularly dropping by.

Yay! I'm happy you're back, even though I don't know why.
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3142 | Total Posts: 38 ]