Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Man-haters > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] [ Thread Views: 13641 | Total Posts: 177 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 08-05-07 07:37:57 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There's so much wrong with this it's not even funny. This person can't distinguish between trolls and rapists. And they jump on the one guy who posts asking, "what are you going to do to make sure this never happens again?" Wow, talk about irrational.

http://womensspace.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/blogging-while-female-warning-may-trigger/#comments
superstar satisfaction

pseudO Buddha

Ballkicks: (+21 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2005
Reply 1 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-05-07 01:13:38 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I think this stuff needs to be out there where the whole blogosphere, internet, and, for that matter, real world can see it.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 2 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-05-07 10:06:34 PM)

I'm not sure whether you're mocking me or what, but anyway...

What bothers me the most is that, as far as I can tell, this brand of feminism is irrational. They seem to be saying that men are intrinsically evil. OK, let's grant that. Now what? Are you going to lock all men up, exterminate them, implement draconian laws specific to men? This seems to be an exaggerated version of the relationship cliche that women like to complain about their problems without actually trying to solve them.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 3 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-05-07 11:53:46 PM)

I always get a laugh out of reading irrationally based stuff. Perhaps now that I have been exposed to encyclopedia dramatica I am less shocked at all of this or perhaps I just don't care. Either way it was pretty fun the way they jumped on the guy. If I were him I'd respond by asking what will they do besides just post on an internet blog and talk the talk.

edit: What fun, they popped up just a few minutes after I posted this.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
This reply was last edited on 08-06-07 12:03:52 AM by Science Brad.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 4 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 08:36:59 AM)

Quote:
What bothers me the most is that, as far as I can tell, this brand of feminism is irrational. They seem to be saying that men are intrinsically evil. OK, let's grant that. Now what? Are you going to lock all men up, exterminate them, implement draconian laws specific to men? This seems to be an exaggerated version of the relationship cliche that women like to complain about their problems without actually trying to solve them.

We need to first chemically castrate all males in the world, take their semen (forcibly or not) for artificial procreation, then we need to herd them into camps where they can be "controlled".

We must make the world safe for womankind!

EDIT: why isn't snowy in here backing up these dumb, militant feminists?
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 5 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:05:05 AM)

How do they know that a woman didn't post that? Wait, don't answer that. Because only men are evil enough to post such a thing, right?
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 6 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:10:15 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
How do they know that a woman didn't post that? Wait, don't answer that. Because only men are evil enough to post such a thing, right?

Haay, manh...

Isn't it true that men have been the ones who started and fought in most wars..

Ins't it true that men are the ones who created the atom bomb...

And isn't it true that men have a penis; the ultimate manifestation of evil on the planet?
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 7 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:21:13 AM)

Oh IF0:
Quote:
notrunningscared | rchif0@gmail.com | Iamnotgoingtosubjectmywebsitetomorewhining. | IP: 12.207.19.185

Well my post has already been censored twice. Coming from a male, no surprise. Coming from a male that works at a women’s shelter, a little bit of a surprise. Simply censoring that which you disagree with doesn’t accomplish anything but what you claim men do to you.

Aug 6, 3:45 PM — [ Edit | Delete ] — View post “Blogging While Female — Warning, May Trigger”

Bulk action: Approve Spam Delete No action I

http://womensspace.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/blogging-while-female-warning-may-trigger/#comment-47066

I didn't even bother trying to comment there. I knew it'd be a waste of time.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:27:26 AM)

I didn't want to give IF0 as my name or INTL as my website, for fear that they'd show up here. That was done on 5 hours of sleep, so please tell me if it doesn't make sense so I can backpedal. big grin
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 9 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:38:48 AM)

I don't think it'd matter if you gave this website url. They aren't interested in a site where they cannot control the content to squelch dissenting voices. I was just commenting on how she immediately rode on you.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 10 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 10:11:06 AM)

It made sense. I give you an A+.
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 11 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 10:37:33 AM)

i go to lesbian and ask her if she ever been penetrated

gi-ge-ty
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Reply 12 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 03:41:52 PM)

IF0 gets 50+k.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 13 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 04:44:37 PM)

These men have access to women!

!!!
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 05:29:19 PM)

If0, that was pretty good, but you SHOULD have put this website down.

It's a good way to get some fresh tits in this place.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 15 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 07:45:54 PM)

Quoted from etymxris:
They seem to be saying that men are intrinsically evil. OK, let's grant that. Now what? Are you going to lock all men up, exterminate them, implement draconian laws specific to men?

I didn't read the blog or whatever, but I just wanted to comment that in many cultures women are subject to draconian laws specific to them, and even exterminated (ie. feminicide, female infanticide), etc. Plus one of the central tenets of fundamental Christianity is basically that via original sin woman is inherently flawed.

So... I guess it's only thread-worthy when it's about men, lolz!
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 16 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 07:52:44 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
I didn't read the blog or whatever, but I just wanted to comment that in many cultures women are subject to draconian laws specific to them, and even exterminated (ie. feminicide, female infanticide), etc. Plus one of the central tenets of fundamental Christianity is basically that via original sin woman is inherently flawed.

So... I guess it's only thread-worthy when it's about men, lolz!

That has about as much relevance here as the goings-on in alternate dimensions.

I'd be interested if you could dig up a radical masculinism site relevant to Western culture that displays similar irrationalism as this one. That would be thread-worthy.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 17 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 07:59:51 PM)

I keep getting censored MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 18 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 08:03:48 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
I keep ________________ MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Sorry what was that I can't hear you over the censors
i am raising my eyebrow

Vissario: i am here to serve
Amphy: then make me a sandwich.
Vissario: holy shit
Vissario: u just did not say that, sugaboo
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 19 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:40:04 PM)

how come all the moms who leave their newborn babies in dumpsters/microwaves/underwater cars are never considered to be violent? i've never understood why men are always accused of causing all the violence in the world.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Reply 20 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:40:13 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
I keep getting censored MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

That's because you're a fucking rapist for volunteering at a women's shelter! Like, duh!
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 21 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-06-07 09:56:39 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
how come all the moms who leave their newborn babies in dumpsters/microwaves/underwater cars are never considered to be violent? i've never understood why men are always accused of causing all the violence in the world.

Society? Most arguments made as to why a gender is treated differently than another all deal with how society and culture have been conditioned. Slowly, however - although this is entirely my own opinion - I do believe society/culture is accepting that women "can" be just as violent if not moreso at times. But, as I said, it's a slow development and not a revolutionary one.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 22 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-07-07 02:51:43 AM)

Quoted from Xena:
Society? Most arguments made as to why a gender is treated differently than another all deal with how society and culture have been conditioned. Slowly, however - although this is entirely my own opinion - I do believe society/culture is accepting that women "can" be just as violent if not moreso at times. But, as I said, it's a slow development and not a revolutionary one.

I don't think it's just culture. Higher testosterone levels clearly cause increased aggression and violence in pretty much all mammals, including our closest living relatives in the animal kingdom. Why should humans be the exception? Well, partly because areas of the brain that evolve later tend to inhibit those that evolved earlier, so we have much better control of our emotions and behaviors than other species.

However, while humans are certainly special in the animal kingdom, we are still natural creatures. I find it a bit absurd to think that humans are unique in possessing a soul, or even consciousness. The same here. Most other species, including those most closely related to us, exhibit aggression differences between men and women. And many of such species do not have malleable social structures like we do.

Certainly there is some social influence, but men and women are never going to be exactly the same behaviorally. A society can try to make it so, but I don't find it likely that social norms will ever counterbalance the physiological differences.

So my original point was never to defend the actions of men, and I have little doubt that it was a man that sent the original troll email to that feminist. I also have little doubt that the vast majority of sexual aggressors will continue to be men for a long time. But again, I was never defending men in particular or men in general.

What I find ridiculous about their position is that it is largely inert. There's no long term idea of what they want society to look like. And if they started fleshing one out I'm fairly certain it would quickly become absurd. They're whole doctrine seems based on demonizing men to a point where it's not clear that they could even accept the existence of two genders. So if they cannot accept the existence of men, then what? That's a question they don't seem to be able to answer.

It also pisses me off how they filter out any messages that don't toe the radical feminist party line. If your philosophy is so great, it should be able to stand on its own, and not depend on squelching the voices of dissenters. I also despise the free republic for the same reason.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-07-07 05:26:20 AM)

Mothers are the most likely to abuse children. learn u some stuff ok??

Therefore, using the logic of the feminists..

All mothers have the potential to be child abusers. Therefore we should anticipate the possibility that all of them abuse their children. Therefore they're all potentially evil, therefore it's just safe to assume they all are.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 24 of 177 (Originally posted on: 08-07-07 07:08:03 AM)

Quote:
I didn't want to give IF0 as my name or INTL as my website, for fear that they'd show up here. That was done on 5 hours of sleep, so please tell me if it doesn't make sense so I can backpedal.

I for one would find it fun if they showed up here.

Quote:
That's because you're a fucking rapist for volunteering at a women's shelter! Like, duh!

Obviously he's only working there to get some vulnerable ass.
DRAHNIER
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 13641 | Total Posts: 177 ]