Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > ''Nigger'' Is Dead > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4913 | Total Posts: 51 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
(Originally posted on: 07-10-07 03:04:38 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/09/nword.funeral.ap.ap/index.html

As my illuminating thread title informs you, the word ''nigger'' got it's ass capped by unidentified youths after a brief gun battle and was buried with much pomp and circumstance.

From the article...

Hundreds of onlookers cheered Monday as the NAACP put to rest a long-standing expression of racism by holding a public burial for the N-word during its annual convention.

"Today we're not just burying the N-word, we're taking it out of our spirit," said Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. "We gather burying all the things that go with the N-word. We have to bury the 'pimps' and the 'hos' that go with it."

He continued: "Die N-word, and we don't want to see you 'round here no more."

What people who are offended enough by words to want them removed from society like this need are Beatrix Kiddo-style BLEEEEEEEP! devices programmed to disguise the usage of any word deemed offensive. In a society where sex is censored far more comprehensively than violence and where the sight of a woman breast feeding causes horror and censorship this sort of action is not going to make any difference and personally taking a word like nigger and using it with whatever ironic pride seems far more empowering than demanding it's erasure from the venacular lexicon of billions. But what do you think?

I'm being deliberately non-pc in my last couple of threads and especially in the previous one hyperbolising my views to a degree because im so sick of people not being allowed to joke about these issues anymore for fear of offending somebody. Words can hurt, sure..but I dont think we can move on as a species while we let that hurt rule us and make us create laws against being free to say anything we want, hateful or not.

I liek piez.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 03:29:22 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
He continued: "Die N-word, and we don't want to see you 'round here no more."

I hope he said "nigger" when he said that, cause that'd be really funny to hear.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 03:43:40 AM)

dead
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
This reply was last edited on 11-28-08 06:21:15 PM by Socrateius.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 3 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 03:50:24 AM)

Quoted from Socrateius:
The funny thing is that the word nigger won't be dead until all the niggers are

loll

if all else fails we still have CHOLO ;]

I liek piez.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reply 4 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 10:26:39 AM)

Good riddance. That nigger was a shiftless porch-monkey.

What?
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 11:41:16 AM)

"a verbal missile of hate"
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 6 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 11:42:47 AM)

There was a way to do this thread that balanced laughter and tears, Brad...why you gotta get bulimic and stick your whole hand down your throat?

I liek piez.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 05:22:27 PM)

Is that for real? That's ridiculous.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 8 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 05:32:04 PM)

Typical nigger behaviour.
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 05:51:18 PM)

Mayor kwame kilpatrick is such a black gangster.

He's the mayor of detroit, as the article said. But the article doesn't talk about the many times Kilpatrick has been in hot water, including that one time he spent Detroit City Funds on a penthouse FILLED with prosititues in Las Vegas.

He even LOOKS like a thug. Not Pictured: His GIANT diamond earrings that he loves to be seen in.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reply 10 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 06:20:11 PM)

Yes, but he has the power of Earth.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 11 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 06:27:02 PM)

Black people in suits look gangster-like in black and white pictures.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 07:10:36 PM)

The fact that he's 300lbs with a shoulderspan of like 6 feet helps too.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 13 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 07:24:16 PM)

hey it's deacon from king of queens
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 14 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 09:21:23 PM)

Quoted from Tarfagus:
Mayor kwame kilpatrick is such a black gangster.

He's the mayor of detroit, as the article said. But the article doesn't talk about the many times Kilpatrick has been in hot water, including that one time he spent Detroit City Funds on a penthouse FILLED with prosititues in Las Vegas.

He even LOOKS like a thug. Not Pictured: His GIANT diamond earrings that he loves to be seen in.

What a nigger.
bradism.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 15 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 09:33:21 PM)

Quote:
Words can hurt, sure

Or rather, bad self-esteem and and self-image will hurt you after believing that you are what someone has called you. If one called an Acadeca winner an "idiot" or any of its variants after the event, do you think it would hurt that person's feelings?

If I called you a JewZionist, it is your job to either brush what I have said off as untrue and then go about your business knowing it is isn't true, or try and vindicate to me, and yourself, that it isn't true and reply to that effect. Quite simply, words have no meaning outside what you apply to them. If you make them daggers in your heart instead of puffs of hot air, you are setting yourself up for emotional damage.

Honestly, would people get so hyped up about being called a "nigger" if they didn't think there wasn't any credit to that claim? If you get angry with being called a "nigger" and feel you have to react violently or call for the ADL or NAACP to sue to hell the "offender", chances are you are a nigger; in this case, someone who reacts viscerally and is inable to react reasonably to a situation.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 16 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 10:33:59 PM)

Quoted from Socrateius:

loll

Yeah, but then we'll have the nigger zombies to deal with.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 17 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-10-07 10:39:20 PM)

Quoted from uselessinformation:
Quoted from Socrateius:

loll

Nigger zombies are far less threatening as we would never elect one into a public office.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-11-07 04:19:18 AM)

your zombie overlords care not for these pointless race wars, human scum.

I liek piez.

This reply was last edited on 07-11-07 06:21:02 PM by Snowy.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 19 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-11-07 05:38:06 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Is that for real? That's ridiculous.

Word, but it's fitting, no? Because the word "Nigger" is ridiculous, no? I mean it is a part of a nasty history, but like Vissario said, the victim gives the word it's power, but this is just a silly publicity stunt. The word "Nigger" will be dead when no humor can be taken from it, you can't kill it.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 20 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-11-07 09:30:14 PM)

They should resurrect the word like Jesus so that in the future people will believe in the word and we will be allowed to say nigger in church and I wouldn't get so bored at Easter mass.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Nazgul4591
OLD SK00L KREW 4 LIFE

I'm sorry if you're crying.

Ballkicks: (+22 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 21 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-12-07 12:59:51 AM)

If the NCAACP can do this, can MENSA bury the terms "nerd", "geek", and "dweeb"?
No one dies a virgin life screws us all.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 22 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-12-07 02:48:05 AM)

edit i hate getting up before noon n/m
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 23 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-12-07 10:22:28 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from uselessinformation:
Quoted from Socrateius:

loll

Nigger zombies are far less threatening as we would never elect one into a public office.

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in the voting public. A zombie nigger for president campaign could be very successful.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 51 (Originally posted on: 07-13-07 02:38:25 AM)

zombie nigger president: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNSSSSSSSSSSSsss
current president: NOOOOOOO BRRAAINNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

it'd be a definite upgrade.

I liek piez.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4913 | Total Posts: 51 ]