Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > How was your day at work? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 12660 | Total Posts: 124 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-29-07 03:08:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yesterday I met a 2 year old whose father had been giving him cocaine, cigarettes, and beer. His mother is from Mexico, and the father is a Mexican-American. Basically, the father provided everything to keep them alive, but then kept them at home. The mother has been in America for 2 years but knows almost no English (which made working with her almost impossible without translators) and has not met a single person due to pretty much being held captive. Now she's terrified that he's after her.

On the other side, last week I had a woman who kept her syringes and crack spoon on the floor. In the same bedroom as her 7 year old daughter. This is after waking up and freaking out that she couldn't find her daughter. She was asleep in the same bedroom. On the bed. Because there was no physical abuse, Family Services figured she'd be better off with her mother. The next day the mother called crying wanting her stuff back. We'd given it to her the next day. While she was in the room and helped pack it herself.

What depresses me about such situations is that these children are going to end up living their lives the same way. It's a waste. During the resident intakes, the majority of these women and their abusers that I deal with all suffered some form of abuse or addictions during their childhoods as well. Not saying that EVERYBODY ends up that way, but the people who do seemed to mostly have all experienced the same shit. Incestual rape, father beat the mother, affairs, personal physical abuse, drug dealing out of the house, kept prisoner as an unwanted child by unloving parents, blah blah blah. The stuff you read about on the news and say "why didn't someone take that child out of there?!" is the stuff I work with. It's dirty.

Sadly, most of the residents I deal with don't care. They don't want to become independent - for now, they want to mooch off of us, then go out and find another man to become totally dependent on again. They have no job skills, no meaningful education for the most part, lack parenting skills, and don't care to acquire any of them. Once again, the children are the ones that will end up suffering for it later.

There are a few who actually take advantage of help. They want their children to have better lives. Those make the job easier. But still. Rough job. So how's life? i'm a serial-killer :)
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 04:15:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What is it that you do, exactly?

Last night at work I worked in my ice cream store from 6 to midnight. It's cool late at night because there's a club next door and their music is really loud. Some drunk people stole two of my chairs but I stole them back. It was a good night.
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 2 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 04:24:11 PM)

I work at Home Depot. We get some crazies and some idiots, blithering idiots. Nothing like what IF0 has to deal with, though. Not likely, anyway.

I get some funny stories though, dumbass kinda funny stories.
Ok, that's good to know...

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." --Paul Ehrlich

"I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better if he had never lived" -- Winston Churchill

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- The Infamous Mr. Dan Quayle

This reply was last edited on 06-29-07 04:30:45 PM by Menion.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 3 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 04:43:35 PM)

Quoted from blacksun:
What is it that you do, exactly?

He works at a battered women's shelter.

I don't have a job right now. I'm about to start at computer service's on campus, so that'll be boring.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 05:47:25 PM)

I made a bunch of pizzas. Had a short discussion on whether or not Hitler was a genius. Thats about it.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 06:12:06 PM)

ya think thats bad

my job is to stand next to a softdrink wending machine and let people use my sphincter as a bottle opener...
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 09:24:36 PM)

It was long and boring.

I drove a 40' boom lift around and we scraped paint and applied a product called "peel stop" so that the gutters that we were going to paint wouldn't keep peeling under the new coat.

I came home and fell asleep for hours.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 7 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 11:53:04 PM)

It was fuckin awesome.

I worked on the online marketing plan for Empire Earth III and World in Conflict. And then played both of the games a lot and still got paid for it.

Fuck yeah.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 11:56:28 PM)

I poured about three hundred different cups of coffee for a lot of fat people. And I did it with a smile. I come home soulless every day.
how is this for a quote
candicecan
INTL Premium Member
Candicecan and Candice did

manscaping

Ballkicks: (+48 / -4)
Reg. Date: May 2007
Reply 9 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 12:37:00 AM)

Well for the first hour at work, me and a regular compared fucked up pictures we had on our phones... For a guy he sure did have a lot of pictures of dicks on his phone.. fun times...
I had the highest per person average at work, so I ended up winning tickets to a braves game as well. so that was good.

I deal with the largest variety of bitches and ass holes, not much you can say bothers me anymore.
All I can say is you would think people would treat you better since you are the one handling their food. Not that I would ever do anything... just saying...
You make me come
You make me complete
You make me completely miserable.
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 03:48:52 AM)

I test Power Wheels for Fisher Price. I don't have much to complain about.
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 11 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 04:49:03 AM)

Quoted from Hasty Penguin:
I served about six hundred different glasses of alcohol for a lot of young people. And I did it with a smile. I come home soulless every day.

Fixed... for me.

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 12 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 07:59:43 AM)

I ran western blots on various proteins and drank a Coca-Cola Icee.

I wasn't depressed for any of it, which was a pleasant surprise.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 13 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 08:13:52 PM)

It was okay, I guess. It was kind of busy, so it seemed like the shift went by very quickly. Much like HP and Sunny, I too made hundreds of beverages for people, young and/or fat. I also made myself a delicious latte and drew a picture of a guy with a mullet in the foam. That was pretty sweet.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
Nazgul4591
OLD SK00L KREW 4 LIFE

I'm sorry if you're crying.

Ballkicks: (+22 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 14 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 10:55:17 PM)

I sliced my finger open yesterday while working.... sadly it actually was a highlight in the work day.
No one dies a virgin life screws us all.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 15 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 11:44:14 PM)

Okay, so I'm dreading tomorrow and monday. Although I work in the morning, it's Canada Day. Oh god, I better be getting stat pay.
candicecan
INTL Premium Member

manscaping

Reply 16 of 124 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 11:46:23 PM)

Today I did not work. So it was a outstanding day.
You make me come
You make me complete
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 17 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-03-07 04:58:13 AM)

I cleared tables. Alot of them.

I have gotten quite a few pet peeves associated with this. Most notably, I FUCKING HATE LITTLE KIDS. They throw rice everywhere, leave crayons and little doodles all over the place, pour water onto the floor, and most annoying of all, open every fucking sugar packet on the table and leave them lying.

Oh and I broke a bowl that cost $40 because the servers don't know how to put shit into the bus bins properly.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 18 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-03-07 07:00:30 PM)

My boss is away all week, so I didn't come home with a headache. I checked the weather only about six times. I catalogued 18 books. Ate lunch. Ate assorted snacks. Talked to one of my co-workers for extended periods of time. Wrote out a grocery list. Plotted what courses to register for this semester. Read Wikipedia for an hour.
candicecan
INTL Premium Member

manscaping

Reply 19 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 12:03:02 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
I cleared tables. Alot of them.

I have gotten quite a few pet peeves associated with this. Most notably, I FUCKING HATE LITTLE KIDS. They throw rice everywhere, leave crayons and little doodles all over the place, pour water onto the floor, and most annoying of all, open every fucking sugar packet on the table and leave them lying.

Oh and I broke a bowl that cost \$40 because the servers don't know how to put shit into the bus bins properly.

Thats the worst part about waiting tables, that and dropping stuff on or near people.
Little kids blow, they like to stick food in the sugar caddies, and rearrange all the sugars. People should control their kinds better in restaurants, otherwise I'm gonna start putting them to work washing dishes in the back.
You make me come
You make me complete
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 20 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 05:22:03 AM)

I'm on winter vacation and trapped in my house due to inclement weather and spending my extra dosh on things instead of travel this year. I've been doing 3000 stairs a day on my little exercise machine, a couple of bongs and nil dongs MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Drifting along with my swords out flying
pl0x

now you're redundant if you say anything

Ballkicks: (+29 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 21 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 05:56:00 PM)

Quoted from Alyantis:

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as my day, i watched Live free or Die hard, about six times, making sure it didn't mess up....and kicked out some people trying to sneak into the theatre....that's about it.
~~make a s/n and get on the game, and i'll kill you till you get better at it.~~
~~well...you could have taken 2x2=your mama... or 1% of nothingx your mama~~
~~it would be funny if there was an actual asian kid in class there & thats how u refered 2 him, and he gave out back rubs for some odd reason~~
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 22 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 06:33:23 PM)

So this is what you do at your three internships and ten full-time jobs, IF0? You're in a tough line of work; I salute you. Those are some heart-breaking stories.

Yesterday I worked an 11 hour shift, doing close to 400 scripts.
One anecdote: an Asian couple came into the pharmacy wanting 2-month vacation refills on their combined 12 scripts. Their prescription insurance coverage requires them to call their provider and request this. They went home, presumably to call their insurance company. Later on, I get a call from a competing pharmacy chain that the couple wants to transfer all 12 scripts to their store. Fuck that; I just finished filling them for a one month supply until we got the authorization for two months. I hang up on the competing pharmacy, and they don't call back. The Asian man returns to our store, claiming he got authorization from the insurance company. I try to process the claim, and I get a rejection -- there is a 24 hour waiting period. I am damn glad I am not working today.
Quoted from Alyantis:

Do they still make the Barbie Jeep? I want one.
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 23 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 09:03:50 PM)

Today I was trying to get the A-C plane of a crystal (basically a way of cutting it so the little cubic structures line up a certain way) which involved getting the crystal growth man to help me x ray it and show me where to cut it. Then the diamond saw started cutting it but the crystal kept breaking apart. Eventually a big enough chunk broke off so I sanded down one side and tomorrow I'm going to polish the good side.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 24 of 124 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 11:19:02 PM)

I don't actually do much this summer besides work full time. But I'm earning benefits and a lot of paid vacation and whatnot. When school starts I'll be doing full time work plus full time classes, and that might be a bit rough.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 12660 | Total Posts: 124 ]