Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Fox News Cannot be Trusted Scavenger Hunt > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3506 | Total Posts: 40 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 06-28-07 12:01:03 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

For those of you who haven't read Vissarseholio's thread regarding raping 10 year old girls, this thread spawned from that. It's in regards to two articles.

This one: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21969117-2,00.html

It's by a fox news (I.E. News Corporation) affiliate, The Daily Telegraph (australian).

And this one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6237480.stm
By the BBC.

If you've read that first article, you now think that a girl was brutally raped in a park.

But the BBC article reveals that the sex was consensual, and that the girl wasn't brutally raped.

This is obvious proof that no News Corporation news outlet can be trusted, whether it's Fox News or the Tv Guide. But let's find more examples of Fox News Bias.

Us this thread to post results of the scavenger hunt, or to talk about why Rupert Murdoch is a lying bastard.
...All the men held tall with their chests in the air, with courage in their blood and fire in their stare, and it was a grey morning and they all wondered how they would fare till the old general told them to go home. He said, I have seen the others and I have discovered that this fight is not worth fighting. And I've seen their mothers, and I will no other to follow me where i'm going. So, take a shower, shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, you are young men you must be living. Go now, you are forgiven.
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 1 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 12:20:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
Vissarseholio

Hahahaha +k
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 2 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 12:32:08 PM)

rawrr, if you don't support Israel YOU CAN JUST GO TO HELL AND DIE YOU ANTI-SEMITE!"

Quote:
Hahahaha +k

Good contribution buddy, +k for you too!
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 3 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 03:20:03 PM)

Where does it say it was consensual in the BBC article? I'll admit I read through it kind of fast but I didn't see where it said that. Can someone quote it?
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 4 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 03:26:25 PM)

Quoted from 8th paragraph:
Lawyers for the defendants stressed that the sex had been consensual, and was only termed 'rape' because of the framework of law.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 5 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 03:33:08 PM)

Maybe you think that every news article is sent in to the corporate office for fact checking, with all related sources.

It's not.

They're just like fast food franchises, they are given a model, but still have a lot of leeway on how they conduct business.

All news agencies exaggerate the facts, it's because news is about....Ratings

And frankly I wouldn't trust the defense lawyers.

Quote:
Lawyers for the defendants stressed that the sex had been consensual, and was only termed 'rape' because of the framework of law.

An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 05:42:24 PM)

How the hell do we know which ones closer to the truth?
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 06:20:39 PM)

Eric Burdon said it right... Somewhere there's a man who's closer to the truth.

We'll never really know anything unless we directly experience it. Everything else is hearsay.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 8 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 06:54:20 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:

The telegraph is a rag.
bradism.

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 9 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-28-07 09:41:36 PM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Quoted from Dimi:

The telegraph is a rag.

GUARDIAN.CO.UK

OH YEAH

GUARDIAN.CO.UK

OH YEAH
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 10 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 02:31:37 PM)

In this case I don't think the News Corporation affiliate is totally wrong. You should've chose one of the many many other examples to show how much crap they are.

And I really fucking hate Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. I still listen to Hannity on the radio a lot because I'm a masochist and it's the only talk radio we get around here. His whiny voice makes my skin crawl and every time I see him on television I want to pulverize his fat face. I feel slightly deranged because there aren't many other people that make my blood boil like that.

I won't say "Hannity makes me want to punch babies" or all those other types of catch-phrases, but I can say "Hannity makes me want to beat the living shit out of Hannity with a crowbar."
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 11 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-29-07 02:36:50 PM)

i get all my news from INTL!
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 12 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 02:12:13 AM)

Age ain't nothing but a number
The Big Deal
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 13 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 02:11:42 PM)

I think this is worthy of it's own thread but since we've just had another closely related topic i'll put it here to not. Prepare to get hard cuz it's time once again for another installment of When Journalists Grow A Spine:

Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC refused to lead with a Paris Hilton story when important events were occurring in Washington D.C. and while being groused by her slightly boorish co-hosts attempts to burn her script, rips it up and then shreds the next copy forced upon her. Hot shit.

Drifting along with my swords out flying
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 03:33:09 PM)

I hope that dumb bitch gets fired.

It isn't her job to decide what is said on television, it is her job simply to say what gets put on television. I mean, if you were the multi-millionaire head of a news outlet, would you honestly tolerate some presumptuous anchor telling you what is going to be aired?
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 15 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 03:41:02 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
I hope that dumb bitch gets fired.

It isn't her job to decide what is said on television, it is her job simply to say what gets put on television. I mean, if you were the multi-millionaire head of a news outlet, would you honestly tolerate some presumptuous anchor telling you what is going to be aired?

LOL. Howcome they get Ann Coulter and we only get Vissario??

Drifting along with my swords out flying
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 16 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 03:59:25 PM)

vissario's worth pennies, and INTL is poor
"hey man what are you doing in the trenches tonight"
"fighting germans and having sex... with you"
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 17 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 04:02:10 PM)

Au contraire, I am worth 10$
D
Administrator

Reply 18 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:21:12 PM)

yeah with that 50$ donation Mr. Pixies gave us vissario was pretty much all we could afford. It was either that or a cardboard cut-out of Clifford the big-red-dog (not to scale), so we sprung the extra few bucks.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:22:23 PM)

That guy on her left is a jerk. Even worse, he's a SELL-OUT.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 20 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:25:04 PM)

it's similar to watching two drunken frat boys pick up chicks
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:30:50 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
That guy on her left is a jerk. Even worse, he's a SELL-OUT.

not really, he just wanted to do his job and get on with it without being part of her stupid shenanigans. If she's got ideals on what should be the lead and what she refuses to do, she should do that before it airs. I'd fire the bitch too for bad-mouthing the station and the company thats paying her while broadcasting through that very station. She looked like a 10 year old throwing that stupid tantrum. The guys were humoring her and attempting to slightly justify her little tantrum by calling her a "journalist." I'm sure they agreed with her on what should the lead story, but they probably also realized that she was acting like a 10 year old and were doing their best to keep it light-hearted so they could just get through the broadcast without the bitch lighting fires in the studio. You would have done the same thing, you wouldn't have started bad mouthing your broadcaster on-air either.
D
Administrator

Reply 22 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:32:39 PM)

Quoted from Sunneh:
it's similar to watching two drunken frat boys pick up chicks

Much more similar to watching two frat boys pick up a drunken chick. Except minus the "pick up" part.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 23 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:36:58 PM)

Quote:
not really, he just wanted to do his job

Hence the SELL-OUT. In ALL CAPS.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 24 of 40 (Originally posted on: 06-30-07 06:45:08 PM)

Quote:
Hence the SELL-OUT. In ALL CAPS.

So you basically think people who are hired as cashiers at McDonald's should use their position to bad-mouth their company saying they sell burgers made from 3rd-world children and stray dogs?

Haha, everyone who posts at INTL is a hardcore-rebel-bad-ass who never misses a chance to stick it to the establishment and the MAN.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3506 | Total Posts: 40 ]