Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Anybody currently watch or used to watch wrestling? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4530 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:28:40 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I haven't actually followed wrestling (a la WCW, WWF/E, ECW, etc.) since I was like 11, but I remember that I used to love Chris Benoit. Apparently Chris and his wife and daughter were found dead today. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2916498

Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:41:23 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't watch "soap opera" wrestling, but I do like watching competition wrestling and boxing (if that counts).

I always thought it was kinda gay when you had highly pumped actors faking blows and attacks while making highly cliche plot lines. But I suppose enjoying actual competition wrestling is even more gay than that.

There is just something about athletes competing and destroying each other to prove a principle of natural selection that is invigorating.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:48:44 AM)

Yes, the matches are choreographed. Besides the strikes though, they still hurt, trust me. And they're in great shape. The speedo-type uniforms always confused me a bit though. Great athletes throwing each other around and hitting each other with chairs was always fun to me.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:58:17 AM)

yeah I read that today. Everyone dead so murder or just a bad case of carbon-monoxide
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 01:23:51 AM)

I remember when Goldberg was unstoppable.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 01:23:58 AM)

Double murder-suicide.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 03:04:54 AM)

Quoted from JosÚ Rizal:
I remember when Goldberg was unstoppable.

fucking jew
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 04:54:59 AM)

The Honky-Tonk man
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 05:07:33 AM)

I stopped watching it when I realized how silly it is. That was some 15-16 years ago.

But hey, the Ultimate Warrior was cool.

And no, I don't remember that guy who died.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 05:15:56 AM)

I liked the chicks.
Tiger (obviously)
I'M ON IRC, TALK TO ME, I'M DEPRESSIVE
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 05:17:57 AM)

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=11883

'roid rage ne1?

Drifting along with my swords out flying
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 03:15:32 PM)

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20070625%2fchris_benoit_070626&showbyline=True

murder!!!!
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 06:49:48 PM)

I am really sad because Chris Benoit was one of my favorites. Radicalz 4 lyf. Speaking of which, Eddie Guerrero was also one of my favorites. Stop dying, guys. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 06:57:32 PM)

anyone else a UFC fan?
wir h÷ren ein singen im raum...
wir jagen die monotomie...
wir machen aus stunden ein jahr
und mondschein aus unserem haar
wir fliegen so weit wie noch nie
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 07:07:34 PM)

Quoted from asthetik:
anyone else a UFC fan?

I watch the pay-per-view fights, not so much the series though because of the cheesy drama and soap-operaesque antics.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 07:40:58 PM)

I never cared about wrestling, but I live for UFC.

Ortiz vs Evans babbbbbbbbbbby
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 09:37:50 PM)

i've just started getting into it, but i've definitely become a convert. the range of skills that a good MMA fighter needs to survive are pretty incredible.
wir h÷ren ein singen im raum...
wir jagen die monotomie...
wir machen aus stunden ein jahr
und mondschein aus unserem haar
wir fliegen so weit wie noch nie
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 12:19:29 AM)

Yeah MMA rocks. Everybody who doesn't know who Fedor Emelianenko is, go to youtube and dailymotion and watch as many fights and hilights as you can find.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 07:48:57 AM)

Ya'll see Crocop get knocked the FUCK out? Damn, he got dropped hard.

Also, I saw briefly on Google News that they're saying the wrestler guy killed his wife and kid and hung himself.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 09:29:13 AM)

Quoted from Tarfagus:

Also, I saw briefly on Google News that they're saying the wrestler guy killed his wife and kid and hung himself.
Yeah it was a murder-suicide. roid rage woo
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 05:32:37 PM)

I never noticed till now how huge and tall his neck is. He looks like a highly masculine ET.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 05:52:22 PM)

I love the immediate, knee-jerk reaction of the media: "Tragedy: Wrestler found dead." WWE pulls its regular programming, and runs only tribute episodes to Benoit.

Then, EGG ON FACE. Whoops! He killed his family! Maybe we shouldn't be honoring him with a tribute! ...I'm sure the episodes got good ratings, however.

And I still don't agree with how this story is being reported.

Since he was a quasi-celebrity, he's labeled as having had "terrible issues...and horrible depression...'What a tragic situation that ended in the worst way'..."

If it was a regular person, he would have been immediately labeled on CNN as a vile, redneck child-killer. Which is what he is.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 06:01:32 PM)

I agree with Dante. I don't know if the media are honouring him because I don't even know who the fuck he is, though, and I haven't watched CNN as of late - but still, people should spit on his grave.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 06:18:28 PM)

Because until now he was known as a highly family-oriented man, both in real life and his wrestling gimmick. So it's a bit of a shocker.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 06-27-07 07:30:56 PM)

Quote:
If it was a regular person, he would have been immediately labeled on CNN as a vile, redneck child-killer

That guy was a small-time millionaire; how exactly was he a redneck?

That's just like saying all of those rappers you see on T.V. live in the ghetto and not in oppulent, 40,000 square-foot mansions with heated pools and a BMW in the drive-way
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4530 | Total Posts: 44 ]