Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Snake in my apartment. wtf - Tragic Update > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3892 | Total Posts: 47 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-25-07 03:16:41 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I get home around ten and goof off and play a video game, hang out on intl, normal stuff.
I'm washing dishes around 1am and my cat comes prancing into the kitchen, then yowls, prickles up, and starts to back away.

I'm standing there thinking "wtf is her problem?"

Then I look over and there's a freaking anaconda sticking it's head out of my dishwasher, all of 18 inches away from me.

He's non-venemous, I think, and I want to get rid of the damn thing. I'm not afraid to just reach down and grab him, but I don't want to be stupid about it.

He's mid-size, about five feet long and maybe three inches thick. He's white and black striped, alternating in rings (not lengthwise).

I've killed snakes before, but that's only been outside. Any of you guys know how to deal with one in your kitchen?
Ok, that's good to know...

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." --Paul Ehrlich

"I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better if he had never lived" -- Winston Churchill

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- The Infamous Mr. Dan Quayle
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 03:37:29 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Posting about it on the internet with pictures should do it
bradism.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 03:45:01 AM)

flame thrower.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 3 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 05:08:03 AM)

yeah what the FUCK kind of post without pics is THIS?!

Meanwhile until Menion ponies up the piccie goods:

Drifting along with my swords out flying
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 07:22:37 AM)

you obviously turn on the dishwasher omg yah rite fag lol
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 07:24:55 AM)

Post an ad in the internet: "Will dance naked in front of webcam for tips on killing anacondas."
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 6 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 08:23:18 AM)

sounds more like a king snake

Dude, get some gloves, or a towel or something.

I'm sure I'm a little late.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 7 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 08:32:55 AM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:

Please tell me that cow is pulling the snake in for lunch
bradism.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 8 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 08:40:27 AM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Quoted from Snowqueene:

Please tell me that cow is pulling the snake in for lunch

well that's what fox news said was going on

Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Reply 9 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 10:10:41 AM)

This is him in a comforter in the top of my closet. That's where we found him after I called the national guard. (A buddy came over to help get rid of him):
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Menion/camera%20010.jpg

This is him in the comforter unfolded:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Menion/camera%20011.jpg

Again:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Menion/camera%20012.jpg

And finally set free:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Menion/camera%20013.jpg

EDIT:
My best guess is an eastern kingsnake... what do ya'll think?
EDIT EDIT:
Kita beat me to it. That's what I was thinking.

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." --Paul Ehrlich

"I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better if he had never lived" -- Winston Churchill

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- The Infamous Mr. Dan Quayle
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 10 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 10:29:10 AM)

I'm glad you didn't kill it. People tend to panic and kill snakes for no reasons (which has resulted in a number of species having lower population number than normal in Florida). There's really no reason to kill any snakes here in Florida.
this is my music i hope you like it
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 10:35:24 AM)

Gosh what a beautiful creature, im glad you didnt kill it too.

Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Reply 12 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 10:37:42 AM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
Gosh what a beautiful creature, im glad you didnt kill it too.

Yea, the first time I saw him full length was when we unfolded the comforter. I thought he was beautiful as well.

Right now he's camping out under a kayak behind the buildings.

Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 13 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 11:27:55 AM)

What a cute snake :3
bradism.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 11:44:21 AM)

Snake in MA PANTS LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 15 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 12:24:42 PM)

Quoted from Mingan:
you obviously turn on the dishwasher omg yah rite fag lol
Quoted from Menion:
Again:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Menion/camera 012.jpg[/url]
He looks very clean, good job coal

PS did you see any badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger s
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 16 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 12:25:40 PM)

Good job in not killing it. Im sure it eats all those insects and rodents that are normally a pain in the ass around the house.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 17 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 12:50:02 PM)

Quote:
Im sure it eats all those insects and rodents that are normally a pain in the ass around the house.

Or his dog
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 01:53:31 PM)

I suggest now figuring out how it got in in the first place to prevent him from doing so again!
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 19 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 04:31:34 PM)

But then we wouldn't have another "guess what happened to me W/ PICTURES!" thread!
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Reply 20 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 06:06:42 PM)

There is a pretty substantial forest just outside my apartment window. I'm on the last wall of the last building in the run, so my porch and bedroom run off right into the trees. Not too far back is a river, such that I could throw a rock into it, if I didn't have to heave it through the thick mass of branches.

My porch is sealed pretty well, and so is the only other window in the place - the bedroom window.

At first I thought he was somebody's pet, because of the bright colors, and that maybe he had come up through the plumbing (especially since I found him in the dishwasher).

I think maybe not, though, now. He's a little too big to come through the dishwasher supply line (3/8 OD Copper tube, lol).

It's a safe bet that he was just sitting on the porch for a while, and came in on some night that I left the door open. I've had a snake on the porch before, I know they can get onto it through some drain holes near the floor. After nearly four years, this is only the second one I've seen though. If that's how he got in, then it was halfway my fault to begin with.

Furthermore, if he got in that way, then I'm not even worrying myself with it. There aren't very many venomous snakes in florida, and all but one of them (coral) is thickset and tawny brown in the manner of most Diamonbacks, Cottonmouths, Copperheads, and Timber snakes.
(Internet research ++, I didn't know jack about snakes until this guy showed up. Still don't, really)

Those guys probably couldn't get through the hole, except maybe the copperhead, and I would recognize them in an instant even if they did.

Who knows, maybe there will be another "snake in my dishwasher" thread, but I doubt it.
Good suggestion though.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 21 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 10:23:41 PM)

Don't you live in Tampa? I didn't know there was anywhere left in Tampa where there was apartments next to substantial forest.
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Reply 22 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-25-07 11:01:37 PM)

Morris bridge and Fowler avenue.
The area north of Gail Drive and Riverfront is all woods.

You familiar with the area?

emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 23 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:23:21 AM)

Yeah, I live in Tampa.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 24 of 47 (Originally posted on: 06-26-07 12:25:00 AM)

INTL Date!

and forummer sex
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3892 | Total Posts: 47 ]