Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I am so ready to be done with High School [Now discussing: College Majors] > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] [ Thread Views: 9666 | Total Posts: 139 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
(Originally posted on: 05-29-07 11:58:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

All the juvenile shit, all the useless courses (geography can suck my dick), and best of all, parents, all gone... Well, at least I'd like to hope so. I have 3 days until graduation, 2 days of actual class left, and 0 days where I'll actually give a shit. It's almost done and through - my 18 year sojourn to become - gasp - an adult!

Come August 17, I'll be moving into my dorm room at CSM in Golden, CO. I get to know who my room mate/s is/are (there could be 3?) come July, as well as room assignments. I'm so fucking excited, words cannot express it.

I'll be working all summer. I've picked up a second job, and will be working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day at least. It'll let me put away a tidy sum (estimates are at around $3,000) which I'll need, as my parents can only pay $5,000 of the probably $50,000+. I enjoy both jobs (I make pitas at the aptly-named Pita Pit and I'm a busser at the Teahouse) and it lets me save hugely on food costs (can you say free $10 meals?).

Graduation is this Saturday, June 2. Hopefully it doesn't rain; we've had freak torrential rainstorms every day for the past week. The next day my friend is (finally!) having a concert, with both of his bands & a third band. I'm psyched to see him play, he's damn good. Kegger after the show, too. It should be a great weekend. Then back to work.

The one thing I'll miss about all of this: the friends I've made. I doubt that I'll keep in touch with them (it's never worked in the past) but I really hate to lose them. Ah well, as one friend succinctly puts it "Life. Big city. You know the story."

</blogpost>

tl;dr fuckers: w00t i r go kollege!
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:11:21 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

first four years of college: juvenile shit, useless courses
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 2 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:20:45 AM)

On a side note, I'm also becoming a US Citizen. This is only due to a change in laws in Belgium that allows for dual citizenships.

I get to swear to this curious oath thingy, which I don't mind. However, I find it strange that they actually include "So help me God" in the last sentence of the oath. What about Atheists like me, or Buddhists, or Hindus?
Hello my name is Kristoffer J°rgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Kitabatake

2efficient4spacebar

Reply 3 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:22:13 AM)

second-class citizens
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:29:39 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
second-class citizens

Well I'm already used to that so meh.
Kitabatake

2efficient4spacebar

Reply 5 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:51:55 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from Kitabatake:
second-class citizens

at least you're a citizen.. we're the greatest country in the world, dontcha know?
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 6 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:59:57 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
Quoted from Snook:
Quoted from Kitabatake:
second-class citizens

at least you're a citizen.. we're the greatest country in the world, dontcha know?

Not yet I'm a citizen. I'm $400 and 6-12 months away from it.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 7 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 01:09:14 AM)

It's good to have dual citizenship, makes getting around countries a lot easier. At least that's the experience from my Canadian citizenship.

Also, congrats about finishing high school, always a good moment.
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 8 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 01:35:08 AM)

Congratulations, university is the best time ever (I was a loser on high school). And you already sounded like an adult, on Skype.

My cityzenship has an advantage above yours: I can enter Venezuela and Bolivia without visa.
Thy hand, belinda, darkness shades me.
On thy bosom let me rest.
More I would, but death invades me.
Death is now a welcome guest.

When I am laid in earth, may my wrongs create
No trouble in thy breast.
Remember me, but ah! forget my fate.

Henry Purcell
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 01:47:14 AM)

Quoted from Snook:
On a side note, I'm also becoming a US Citizen. This is only due to a change in laws in Belgium that allows for dual citizenships.

I get to swear to this curious oath thingy, which I don't mind. However, I find it strange that they actually include "So help me God" in the last sentence of the oath. What about Atheists like me, or Buddhists, or Hindus?

You know what I find curious?

You bitch about this country being such a terrible, draconian, and generally backward place and yet it is here which you look for a job, a "free" education, and ultimately, a university which will help you find a career. You are the pot who called the kettle black.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

Reply 10 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 02:22:22 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quoted from Snook:

You know what I find curious?

You bitch about this country being such a terrible, draconian, and generally backward place and yet it is here which you look for a job, a "free" education, and ultimately, a university which will help you find a career. You are the pot who called the kettle black.

Erm, what?

As you always say, "don't be stuffing words into my mouth". I've never called the US draconian or backward, and if I wanted a "free" education I'd go to Europe. Here I'll get to shell out $50,000.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 11 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 02:23:46 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:

5 if you're me.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 03:49:23 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from Kitabatake:

5 if you're me.

0 if you take a real major. Maybe 1 at best.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 13 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 06:14:02 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from Kitabatake:

5 if you're me.

8 if you're me.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 09:24:24 AM)

I bet i could whore myself into the US
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Kitabatake

2efficient4spacebar

Reply 15 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 10:54:01 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from Kitabatake:

5 if you're me.

General Ed?

Real major like chemical engineering or something ridiculous like that? Listen man, I ain't got time for plastics.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 16 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:03:09 PM)

Juvenile shit doesn't end in college. Especially if Greek life is big there. In fact, juvenile shit can increase because a large percentage of people are forced to live together in close quarters.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
The Drunk Knight
INTL Premium Member

drives a 2003 oxcart sierra

Ballkicks: (+14 / -1)
Reg. Date: May 2007
Reply 17 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:21:34 PM)

Congrats. And I hate college, but maybe you'll do better.

Quote:
At least that's the experience from my Canadian citizenship.

Canada should not be a country. I ought to be able to go to Vancouver for the day without presenting documents. *grumbles*
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:21:58 PM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from Kitabatake:

5 if you're me.

General Ed?

Real major like chemical engineering or something ridiculous like that? Listen man, I ain't got time for plastics.

two semesters with too much drinking and not enough going to class.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 19 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:28:34 PM)

If you're a Belgian citizen and therefore of the EU, why the hell would you settle with America?
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 20 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:40:02 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:

these are course requirements for my philosophy major
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 21 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:42:27 PM)

Quoted from Agon:
Quoted from Chimp:

these are course requirements for my philosophy major

i have written exam on friday in Argumental theory and Philosophical Basic terms

I haven't read a single thing this semester, so i'm kinda fucked if i can't bring the books

Oh, and i dread, absolutely dread my oral exam in Modern Logic
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 22 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:44:11 PM)

Quoted from Bon:
If you're a Belgian citizen and therefore of the EU, why the hell would you settle with America?

I don't really think he had a choice. It's not as though he can say to his parents "hey mom and dad, let's NOT live in America"
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 23 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:46:48 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
i have written exam on friday in Argumental theory and Philosophical Basic terms

I haven't read a single thing this semester, so i'm kinda fucked if i can't bring the books

Oh, and i dread, absolutely dread my oral exam in Modern Logic

how can you have an oral logic exam?
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 24 of 139 (Originally posted on: 05-30-07 12:47:42 PM)

sunny: i meant for colleges
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 9666 | Total Posts: 139 ]