Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What kind of person do you hate the most? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 7793 | Total Posts: 105 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
What kind of person do you hate the most?
This poll has expired.
Judgmental 5 votes, 20%
Selfish 1 vote, 4%
Conceited 5 votes, 20%
Hypocrtical 5 votes, 20%
Push-Over 2 votes, 8%
Other 7 votes, 28%
Totals: 25 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
(Originally posted on: 05-16-07 01:54:29 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Explain why you hate your answer over the other options.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 1 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 02:40:29 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I absolutely despise people who believe things because some scientist, historian, or man in a nice suit & tie told them to. They are like little sheople who, after being overwhelmed by the world, rely on their dependable shepherd (the Leviathan) to show them the way.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 02:48:27 PM)

I voted Hypocrtical but if "liar" was an option i'd go with that.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 3 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 02:58:52 PM)

People don't come in boxes so it's kind of hard to say. Conceited, maybe.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 03:19:58 PM)

I would say Self-Centered people.'

The kind of person that when you have a conversation with them, you know that within just a few minutes, the topic will inevitable shift to "THEM".

For example:
ME:"Yea man, my brother got shot last night"
THEM: "Really? That sucks. I remember this one time when I was in detroit and i was with my nigga jeff and we was..."

If the topic of the conversation isn't THEM or something that has happened TO them, then they aren't interested. I hate those people.

Kind of a mix between Selfish and Conceited. I voted conceited.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 5 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 03:26:37 PM)

I voted judgemental, but it depends a lot on who I've had to deal with lately. There are a lot of religious old kooks here who I'm tired of dealing with. Recently I've had two run-ins with one person who automatically looks down on you if you believe in abortion, and another who thinks you're evil and misguided if you believe in evolution. A new old woman that started at work with me babbled on and on about Jesus the other day, and something about how if the residents are feeling down they should just "Praise Jesus" and it'll make them feel better.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 6 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 04:24:08 PM)

Whiny people who complain all the time.

"And my husband blames the flat tire on me - like I was supposed to see a nail on the road - and then my kid, I mean, he's all of seven years old - just says "Mom, I'm hungry!" when he comes home, I mean, doesn't even tell me what he wants, so I just say "Okay, be hungry" you, know - it's like my husband's a kid, too. He plays with them all the time so they think mom's no fun anymore and then this customer comes in asking for tea - and I think, sure, tea - but then they say "with the bag out, please." What does that mean? Do they want it on the side or in for a bit and then out or what? Anyway, my one son, he's just the greatest, but my other son, sheesh, he'll charge you interest just for driving somewhere, and I don't even like to work here, it's not like we're treated well. You know, I have half a mind to quit, but the benefits just kicked in, and really they aren't that great, but-"

Alternately, gossipy women, but this is kind of a specific example cross-over between three women at my work who form a trifecta of irritation.
how is this for a quote
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 7 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 04:29:17 PM)

I said other.

Stubbornly self-righteous people who can't ever be wrong.

So a bit of the conceited, a bit of the judgmental, and throw in a tad of hypocrisy, I guess.

I probably could have picked one.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
The Drunk Knight
INTL Premium Member

drives a 2003 oxcart sierra

Ballkicks: (+14 / -1)
Reg. Date: May 2007
Reply 8 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 05:15:49 PM)

Judgmental is the worst. I can understand why you wouldn't want a loved one to end up in a crackhouse, but baring down on them like a ton of bricks is kind of counter-productive.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 9 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 05:23:07 PM)

Ignorance, guess that might fall under judgemental. I really just can't stand someone who will pick a side to be on just to be devils advocate or someone who has no other view on the world except their own. I have to endure some people at work whos ideas and politics is mind numbing at best.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 10 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 05:34:31 PM)

Quote:
If the topic of the conversation isn't THEM or something that has happened TO them, then they aren't interested. I hate those people.

I doubt there are many people who are genuinely interested in others, unless it's about something especially exciting.

You just play interested for a while because next time the conversation might be about you, and the other person will have to listen.
DRAHNIER
Siret
who the flying fuck is siret?

Ballkicks: (+14 / -2)
Reg. Date: Sep 2006
Reply 11 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 05:45:23 PM)

Ignorant people.

People who are too lazy to formulate their own ideas about things and just splurge out some crap they were spoon-fed.

People who think that right and wrong or good and evil exist like milk and vodka.

People who think that just because they were born they should have a right to vote.

People that speak up, only to regurgitate someone elseĺs idea or something that everyone already knew, in a bid to make themselves look cleaver but actually just kill the debate.

People who follow their principles to illogical ends.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 12 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 05:55:47 PM)

Are you someone from HG?
DRAHNIER
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 13 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:05:31 PM)

I voted other because none of those qualities really inspire hate in me. It all depends on the person as a whole.

But I do hate plenty of people. Religious fundamentalists, democrats, drivers who pay absolutely no attention to bicyclists, stupid/ignorant people, the list goes on.
"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 14 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:26:11 PM)

I would say people who are unmotivated and who accept mediocrity irritate me the most.
bradism.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 15 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:29:21 PM)

Quote:
I would say people who are unmotivated and who accept mediocrity irritate me the most.

What is mediocrity?

Because you sound like everyone should be on a constant quest to get rich and powerful.

Edit: Perhaps you mean all the people who end up being unhappy because they just never tried for anything?
DRAHNIER
This reply was last edited on 05-16-07 06:35:20 PM by drahnier.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 16 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:50:33 PM)

The archetypal douchebag I hate the most, but hypocrisy really pisses me off.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 17 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:57:13 PM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
Quote:

What is mediocrity?

Because you sound like everyone should be on a constant quest to get rich and powerful.

Edit: Perhaps you mean all the people who end up being unhappy because they just never tried for anything?

More or less. I think you're the one who attached rich and powerful to being above mediocre. I wouldn't say Paris Hilton is anything more than mediocre, but Ghandi, who had so little money, was quite the grand fellow.

But yeah, motivation is good if you can find it.
how is this for a quote
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 06:59:41 PM)

I hate everyone pretty equally, so other.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 19 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:02:41 PM)

Quote:
More or less. I think you're the one who attached rich and powerful to being above mediocre. I wouldn't say Paris Hilton is anything more than mediocre, but Ghandi, who had so little money, was quite the grand fellow.

Well if he is your example of not being mediocre, just substitute rich and powerful for influential and powerful.

Most people won't be either of these things regardless of how much they try, of course.

Most people will be completely unknown to the general public, working at a dull-ass job.
Which is why i wondered what he meant by mediocre.
DRAHNIER
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 20 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:11:25 PM)

Mediocrity is accepting your circumstances even though you want to change them.

Quote:

This but in present tense. All the people who complain daily about being unhappy but who never try anything to fix it.

People who see restrictions as excuses rather than challenges.
bradism.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 21 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:16:14 PM)

I'd say only a really lucky bastard would have that attitude.

So congratulations to you.
DRAHNIER
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 22 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:21:59 PM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
I'd say only a really lucky bastard would have that attitude.

So congratulations to you.

And I'd say that only a cynical, unmotivated person would use that as an excuse big grin
bradism.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 23 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:24:37 PM)

I don't know where to fit this, but I'll describe a certain individual who fits in this.

You have a grouping, and this person is the self-proclaimed leader of the group. Sadly, it has become such a norm, that he or she is the 'leader' by custom. They inherently dislike you with little or an 'obsolete' cause, and seek to constantly avenge it. Your relationship, which for all intents and purposes was reasonably distant, is heightened like an animal whose territory has been inadvertently breached. They cannot acknowledge you. And as a result, they use whatever grounds to hurt you with whatever means socially. Which - for me - is highly damaging as I find it difficult to bond. They use 'best friendship' or some other lame excuse to pull the strings of their friends to isolate you - and I hate it when I can't fight back, and I hate it more when the friends give into it. In this they are relentless, and in a social hierarchy you are where you started, grasping for the same jealous straws.

I don't like people who try to isolate you, because they wont, not can't, accept "you". I wouldn't have a problem if they isolated themselves from you, or addressed it and moved on, the vindictiveness is in pushing you away worse off and alone.

That's more or less on a personal level, otherwise I'm displeased with extremists for anything - religion, politics, video games, spaghetti, etc. It generally leads to some bad shit.
This reply was last edited on 05-16-07 07:36:09 PM by Sunn O))).
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 24 of 105 (Originally posted on: 05-16-07 07:35:21 PM)

Brad, have you considered that many people might be cynical and unmotivated for a reason?

Clearly it's all natural to you, if you feel bad you just work to fix it, you're positive, you're confident, you've mostly felt reasonably good about yourself and things in general and it all flows on.
And if you've ever been into serious trouble, it worked itself out through some natural positive attitude.
This is why i call you a lucky bastard.

This is also why i'm personally offended when someone like you says that he hates people who sound a lot like me. (Or "irritates you the most", whatever, but the thread was about hating people)
DRAHNIER
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7793 | Total Posts: 105 ]