Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I hate spring. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4583 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
What's your LEAST favorite season?
This poll has expired.
Spring 4 votes, 12.903%
Summer 4 votes, 12.903%
Autumn 4 votes, 12.903%
Winter 15 votes, 48.387%
I hate the entire year. 4 votes, 12.903%
Totals: 31 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:06:25 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't know how it is in the Lower 48, but up here spring is absolutely miserable. During the long 5-6 month winter untold amounts of trash, moose crap and dog shit are left on sidewalks, parking lots, yards and generally any other open area. Once discarded on the ground they are promptly covered up by snowfall. So come spring it's like one big, wet, muddy, shitty, trash-strewn craphole.

It's not as bad in some areas of town, and it's worse in others. The litter is generally worse within walking distance of either a liquor store or a fast food joint. You know, litter I can deal with. Wet, several month old animal feces is another matter. Neighborhood sidewalks are strewn with dog crap and moose crap. Walking down the street becomes the navigational equivalent of rafting the Atlantic in a bathtub. It seems people just throw out the "pick up your dog's shit" rule during the winter, because the dog shit problem is nowhere near as bad in the summer and fall as it is in the spring. Typical human "out of sight out of mind" behavior. And in the summer and fall the moose move out of town and into the nearby state park.

That's what you've got to put up with for about a month or two, depending on the weather (which varies these days thanks to climate change). If we have a fast breakup (what spring is called 'round these parts) and the snow is gone the trash/shit combo is cleaned up pretty quick. If it's a slow breakup the trash and shit hang around. Here's for a fast breakup.

Anyways, rant over. What's your least favorite season and why?
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:11:46 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

All seasons have good and bad things about them. I fucking HATE the really cold weather of winter, but I think snow is cool, and football is on. Fall sucks because school starts, the weather isn't bad, and football season is just starting, which is awesome! Spring's weather is amazing, school ends shortly in spring, but there's no fucking football. Summer is great because weather is generally good, though sometimes too hot, no school, but again, no football.

So there.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:13:10 AM)

I don't like autumn because it means winter still hasn't come or gone.
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:13:54 AM)

I probably like Winter the least. Cold weather pisses me off, and everyone else is generally very unhappy. Living in Australia shed some light on how annoying people can be. They think that sub 15 degree celcius weather is cold, which would be a warm day for me, so they turn up the heaters to like 30.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:21:19 AM)

Wow thats awful. I never thought of that or heard of that.

I hate Winter because I dont like freezing my ass off and 5 o'clock sunsets.

I love Summer because I like warmth and long days and short pants and the freedoms and everything really.

So I like Spring because its the end of Winter, like the victory of Sun over the cold demons. It's like a fast-paced track toward summer, always seems to go by so fast and in a blur.

I also don't like fall because it means summers over, and like Sunny said, it means winter still hasn't come or gone. At least when its winter I can think about Christmas and stuff for the first half, and winter break and all that good stuff. The second half of winter I can think "alright we're half way in, look at the path ahead to spring." It may not be that close ahead, but its a certainty that its approaching and that cheers me up. In Fall, I have to think, "every day is getting colder, and shorter, and I have an entire winter ahead of me until the goodness comes back."

So I had to think twice before picking a least favorite, but I think its clear that winter is my least favorite, considering the only reason fall was in the running was because I dread the winter.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 03:53:41 AM)

Quote:
I hate the entire year.

Well not really, but today its 20F out and it snowed last night. Two days ago it was 90F and I was throwing a frisbee around in the park sweating in shorts.

I wish I lived somewhere in the caribbean where it's a cool 85F year-round, I'm so sick of this extreme weather-shifting shit.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 04:07:39 AM)

You have moose walking around in town?

Isn't it supposed to be America?

Winter sucks.
These days the winter is more like a long wet fall though, which is sort of nice.
DRAHNIER
Ryan
Big Sausage Pizza

From west philadelphia born and raised on the playground it's said I spent most of my days

Ballkicks: (+64 / -17)
Reg. Date: Nov 2006
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 04:23:40 AM)

I kind of wish I was moving to Vancouver and not Calgary. I would much prefer rain all winter long, and the occasional snow dump than frigid bloody winters with snow/slush for 4 months.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 06:17:31 AM)

I like all seasons in one way or another, but I hate when I can't tell whether it's hot enough to discard overcoats first, and long sleeves in general later. That's several weeks in early and late spring.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 06:22:32 AM)

I hate summer, because I work outside and I hate 110F+ days.

I like winters the best because around here they're pretty mild and much more bearable.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
goldorak
Conan The Destroyer, Idiot Extraordinaire

Ballkicks: (+22 / -12)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 08:11:40 AM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
So come spring it's like one big, wet, muddy, shitty, trash-strewn craphole.

i still prefer that to snow... god i hate snow... i would like winter if it wasn't for the stupid snow
kayte has a fantastic smile
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 08:54:27 AM)

I like all of them, but especially Spring. i'm a serial-killer :)
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 10:32:24 AM)

Voted winter because then the rain is bone-chillingly cold and there's ice everywhere and this is city with lots of hills = eep. Oh and winter is messy, like on the busses all of the snow and dirt mixes and melts into one big gross mess.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 10:52:07 AM)

winter...because of the endless salt, snow/rain/hail/blizzard conditions of the east coast...cranked up heat in every house and cold spreading fools who get me sick
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 11:29:23 AM)

i hate winter an autumn, but autumn more, because then you know winter is next....

i love spring and summer
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 12:02:07 PM)

I said winter, because it's not fun anymore, and it's messy.

I might like it if I ever went snowmobiling anymore, or made snowmen, snow angels, or went skiing.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 12:12:47 PM)

See the problem with hating winter is that in summer it'll be so hot I'll want it to be winter. In winter it's so cold I want it to be summer.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 12:57:35 PM)

winter sucks, too cold and long days.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 12:59:18 PM)

I think I might be one of the few that dislikes Summer the most. I don't like bright hot days, and things like going to the beach or playing frisbee or any of that crap. I try to stay indoors most of summer with my AC on.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:13:50 PM)

Luckily, in a few centuries, people won't even know what winter is!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:43:04 PM)

we don't really have seasons in San Diego, but I don't like the winter because it gets dark so early.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 02:49:22 PM)

I don't like the summer. It is too hot and always raining, and hurricanes are inconvenient.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
animatedcardigan: i thought cunterhosen was you getting a brain tumour in a bad place

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 03:05:04 PM)

I can't stand summer. I can deal with being too cold, but not too hot.

Also, spring/summer mean outside PE lessons, which suck immensely.

Also, in spring/summer, it's too warm to wear a hat, but the wind is as strong as always, so I get more ear infections than I would during the winter.
SUL
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it. - E.B White
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 03:25:03 PM)

I hate the pollen from oak trees in spring because I'm allergic to it. Thus I sneeze through all of spring.
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-08-07 05:28:54 PM)

I hate spring, more specifically April.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4583 | Total Posts: 43 ]