Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Adam's Random Poll Of The Day > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4221 | Total Posts: 37 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Would you rather be...
This poll has expired.
Good looking and immoral 16 votes, 55.172%
Ugly and a good person 13 votes, 44.828%
Totals: 29 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 03-21-07 05:04:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

If you had to pick between being
- An ugly person who is a good person with good morals
or
- An attractive person who is a bad person

What would you pick?
"Hey there, Fancypants. Play the songs that make us dance. Play the tunes that make the ladies swoon. A song for all the lonely hearts, shattered dreams and broken parts. It feels like sunny days are coming soon."
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 1 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 05:07:53 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I picked ugly and a good person, because when it comes down to it, I'd have to live with myself.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 2 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 05:48:04 PM)

The latter. Because I probably would think/care that I was a real bad person.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 05:55:27 PM)

Are we talking specifically about sex, or just a random situation where we had to pick, like job hiring.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
abused

Reply 4 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 06:25:01 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Are we talking specifically about sex, or just a random situation where we had to pick, like job hiring.

We're talking about in general in life as a person, which attributes you'd choose if you had to pick between the two options.
"Hey there, Fancypants. Play the songs that make us dance. Play the tunes that make the ladies swoon. A song for all the lonely hearts, shattered dreams and broken parts. It feels like sunny days are coming soon."
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 5 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 06:34:59 PM)

I don't have to pick because I'm already.
Do not click here
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 6 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 06:49:35 PM)

good looking and immoral
it's working out alright so far
this is the bus that will take you away
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 7 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 07:12:15 PM)

Where's the "neither" option?
Learn u Somethin' @ Jewwatch.com
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 8 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 07:15:06 PM)

For sex I'd pick the attractive one, everything else the nice one.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Reply 9 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 07:45:07 PM)

I think some people don't realize this poll is about who YOU WOULD RATHER BE. Not rather be with.

www.uselessstatic.com
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 10 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 07:52:16 PM)

Quote:
I think some people don't realize this poll is about who YOU WOULD RATHER BE. Not rather be with.

Yea, and in that respect, it's a stupid poll.

It implies that in life, you can only have one of two extremes, either option "A" or "Z", instead of one in between. I mean, God knows that only Archetypal characters exist in life; a hot blond has to be a total asshole while a pimple-faced miscreant will have a heart as bright as the blonde's hair. There can be only good, only evil, only democracy, or only tyranny, only communism or capitalism. In reality, the abode I'm assuming this question exists in, such extremes do not naturally exist because humans are not near perfect enough to exist fully at either of the two polls.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 11 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:00:38 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quote:

Yea, and in that respect, it's a stupid poll.

It implies that in life, you can only have one of two extremes, either option "A" or "Z", instead of one in between. I mean, God knows that only Archetypal characters exist in life; a hot blond has to be a total asshole while a pimple-faced miscreant will have a heart as bright as the blonde's hair.

Thats not really what its implying at all. Its saying that, if for some reason, you absolutely had to choose between being one or the other, what would you choose.

Its a still a stupid poll, though. For one thing, its not a situation anyone could ever be put in. A good looking person can choose to be moral or immoral, and an ugly person has the same choice. And they can also choose to be anywhere in between. I know its a hypothetical question, but, at least for me, its not at all thought-provoking.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

Reply 12 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:05:26 PM)

Quote:
It implies that in life, you can only have one of two extremes, either option "A" or "Z", instead of one in between.

So if I made a poll about what drink is better, Pepsi or Coke, that means there's no such thing as Sprite?

www.uselessstatic.com
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 13 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:07:08 PM)

Thus the need for the option "Other", genius learn u some stuff ok??

Sort of like the need for the option "neither", like I said earlier
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 14 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:12:41 PM)

Quoted from KaosDeath:
I don't have to pick because I'm already.

Ditto.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
animatedcardigan: i thought cunterhosen was you getting a brain tumour in a bad place

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
D
Administrator

Reply 15 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:16:23 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Thus the need for the option "Other", genius learn u some stuff ok??

Sort of like the need for the option "neither", like I said earlier

What if you don't want to know what people's favorite soda is. You just want to know what they prefer: Pepsi or Coke. You don't care if they like sprite better than both.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 16 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:20:44 PM)

Quote:
You just want to know what they prefer: Pepsi or Coke.

What if they don't prefer any or have never tasted either?

Thus, neither!

What is it with Western society's obsession with absolutes, extremes, and the implication that both are not healthy while at the same time worthy of being discussed?
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 17 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:25:02 PM)

attractive and immoral. i'll repent on my deathbed.

Drifting along with my swords out flying
D
Administrator

Reply 18 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:28:10 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
What is it with Western society's obsession with absolutes, extremes, and the implication that both are not healthy while at the same time worthy of being discussed?

I dont know, who cares?

Quote:
Quote:
You just want to know what they prefer: Pepsi or Coke.

What if they don't prefer any or have never tasted either?

Thus, neither!

Would you rather visit London, or France? You've never been to either place, but you've seen pictures, heard things. You know enough to make some kind of decision.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:41:33 PM)

Amoral and good looking, if I think about it. I could likely use my looks to my advantage. Being amoral (vs. immoral) means I just wouldn't care about the moral consequences of my actions (though I would still care about their practical consequences).
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 20 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:44:53 PM)

Quote:
Would you rather visit London, or France? You've never been to either place, but you've seen pictures, heard things. You know enough to make some kind of decision.

If you are going to go in logical circles, there's no point debating it.

Quote:
Amoral and good looking

amoral /=/ immoral
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 21 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:51:25 PM)

whoever would help me hide a body...it could swing either way so im stuck.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 22 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:52:24 PM)

God Vissario is annoying.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 23 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 09:35:06 PM)

I find it far more annoying watching you guys get so worked up over someone who is deliberately trying to annoy. ;p

Drifting along with my swords out flying
abused

Reply 24 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 09:45:59 PM)

God damnit it's a hypothetical question
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4221 | Total Posts: 37 ]