Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Star Wars > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1734 | Total Posts: 13 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 03-21-07 03:12:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Okay, i'm a noob. I just saw Star Wars.

I spent most of my life talking about how stupid Star Wars was and how I never want to watch it and all that fantasy stuff is stupid.. Then a couple weeks ago for some reason I stopped and thought about what I knew about the movies and decided "hey, they might be pretty good."

So luckily I stumbled on the entire series, and got them all from a friend. Last weekend I watched all 6 (from old to new, not from episode 1 to 6). Anyway, I thought it was a great story. I loved the movies, and they've just been rolling around in my head since I saw them.

I don't really know what else to say, anyone wanna talk about Star Wars?

"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
This reply was last edited on 03-21-07 03:21:12 PM by D.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 04:10:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Did you like the newest ones too?

I ask because you're probably the only person on earth who watched them with pure, unbiased eyes.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Ancalagon
Grammar Whores Unite

Ballkicks: (+5 / -11)
Reg. Date: Feb 2007
Reply 2 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 05:45:33 PM)

I didn't like the last 3, but that's just my opinion.

They were good overall, but they just didn't match up to the first 3 made.
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them. -Anonymous
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 3 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 06:00:58 PM)

Me and the wife are HUGE Star Wars nerds. Her more than I, but she really got me into again once we bought all of them on DVD. I think the new one's are alright, but honestly nothing can top the hoth battle, or the ewoks song, or darth vaders timeless 'Luke, I am your father'.

It's a romance set in space, what more can be said? (lol tons!...but I don't really know where to start).
Its like watching tv except its a show about wet clothes.
D
Administrator

Reply 4 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 06:31:03 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Did you like the newest ones too?

I ask because you're probably the only person on earth who watched them with pure, unbiased eyes.

I did like the newer ones. One thing I didn't like about them, mainly just episode 6 was that it was heavily animated. Like clips of R2D2 didn't need to be so computer-generated, I felt like I was watching a video game through a lot of it. Other than that I had no problems with it.

I think the story lines in the originals are more interesting just by the nature of it all though. By that I mean the characters are more interesting. Han Solo, the renegade mercenary turned-freedom fighter. Luke Skywalker, orphan to the parents who took care of him, son to of the face of the evil empire Darth Vadar, secretly the brother to the princess who falls in love with Han. All of the characters have really cool stories, the way they're set up.

The newer three still have awesome characters like the first three, really well done and everything, but I feel like the nature of the overall story means the coolest characters are in the second half. But I still thought the new ones were really good.

Jar Jar Binks was really annoying though.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 5 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 07:53:06 PM)

The "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!" speech is still the best part of all the movies.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
D
Administrator

Reply 6 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:04:30 PM)

Quoted from wheezy:
The "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!" speech is still the best part of all the movies.

obi-wan to anakin in episode 6?
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 7 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 08:37:45 PM)

err, if by episode 6 you mean movie 6. Episodes 4-6 are the first three films, and episodes 1-3 are the last three films. They do it that way so that it's chronological.
D
Administrator

Reply 8 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 10:50:19 PM)

Quoted from Xunny:
err, if by episode 6 you mean movie 6. Episodes 4-6 are the first three films, and episodes 1-3 are the last three films. They do it that way so that it's chronological.

Right, brainfart. Still, i'm wondering if thats what he's referring to.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 9 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 11:02:25 PM)

Yes

It was said you would destroy the Sith, Dimitrios. Not join them.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 10 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-21-07 11:04:15 PM)

I like star wars, i can't believe dimi does too now. I agree that the originals were probably better but mainly because the story was set up that way.

Anyone ever seen the movie clerks when they are talking about the contract workers on the death star. I think thats hilarious.
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 11 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-23-07 03:22:48 PM)

If memory serves me right the term "Cho-Sun" refers to the Jedi definition of having all four limbs cut off by lightsaber.

So by that definition...Yes, Anakin is the Cho-sun one.

I liked all of them but I do agree the first three (Episodes 4-6) were better played because the acting was much better and relied less on special scenes that just didn't seem necessary.

EDIT: When I saw clerks, I was about died when the topic of the death star came up. Clerks 2 also had a good debate going between Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
Do not click here
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-23-07 04:43:20 PM)

I hate the Ewoks and I can never understand why everyone loves The Empire Strikes Back so much.

However, I remember being a kid and thinking lightsabers were awesome and that Darth Vader was cool, so for that, Star Wars is okay. Plus Chewbacca.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge|My Musical Compositions|The Hunger Site
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 13 of 13 (Originally posted on: 03-23-07 08:59:43 PM)

After not seeing the original movies for a good four years or so, I flipped onto the start of Return of the Jedi while watching TV the other day.

It was almost surprising to me how awesome and inventive it was, since I've grown used to Lucas' new crappy Ewan McGregor shit.

I ended up watching the entire thing, even though I wasn't planning on it.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1734 | Total Posts: 13 ]