Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > reasonable accomodation > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 7497 | Total Posts: 97 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
goldorak
Conan The Destroyer, Idiot Extraordinaire

Ballkicks: (+22 / -12)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
(Originally posted on: 03-19-07 08:03:14 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

it's election time here in quebec and a recent issue has become a mainstream part of the politics: reasonable accomodation

stories recently include:
-the montreal police force recommends that female officers call on male backup when dealing with hasidic men
-a ymca darkening its window in response from a complaint from a nearby hasidic synagogue
-men banned from pre-natal classes because muslim men don't think males belong there
-separate swimming exams for muslim girls
-sikh daggers in school

the list goes on and on

what do you think, how reasonable is reasonable?
kayte is cute
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 1 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 08:04:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So...this is like segregation sort of?
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 2 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 08:20:58 PM)

Quote:
what do you think, how reasonable is reasonable?

When you let religious and ideological fundies rule a society you can't expect any legislation to be reasonable.

Canada just doesn't impress me as being a more enlightened or tolerant place than the United States in either its structure or actual implementation of its laws. But, on that same note, I am all for people making laws which they feel best suit their societies.

Just don't expect me to want to live in a place where PC activists have successfully dumbed down everything to avoid some religious follower being "offended" at the sight of something no kosher. Even if it is at the price of freedom of speech, expression, and all that other stuff which becomes inconvenient when Nazis, KKKers, and nationalists come out of the wood-work to express their views.
Learn u Somethin' @ Jewwatch.com
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 3 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 09:20:45 PM)

-the montreal police force recommends that female officers call on male backup when dealing with hasidic men
No
-a ymca darkening its window in response from a complaint from a nearby hasidic synagogue
No
-men banned from pre-natal classes because muslim men don't think males belong there
No
-separate swimming exams for muslim girls
No
-sikh daggers in school
No

I'm done, that was easy.

-sperate swimming exams for fat chicks
Yes!
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 09:33:53 PM)

Any time you give a group of people an advantage over another group of people based on their beliefs or ethnicity, there exists a problem.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 09:41:46 PM)

I don't think any of the examples you gave need to be done except for the separate swimming exams for Muslim girls. I see no problem with that one.
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 10:26:39 PM)

Hey this is a step up for Quebec. The last time a group of people wanted some rights stuff starting blowing up and people went missing on the street.

However with the school deal, why wouldnt the school just close the curtains. Oh and in the news today the YMCA took down the old frosted windows.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 7 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-19-07 10:44:43 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
I don't think any of the examples you gave need to be done except for the separate swimming exams for Muslim girls. I see no problem with that one.

I agree. The other issues involve infringing upon the rights of others to accommodate the religious values.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
animatedcardigan: i thought cunterhosen was you getting a brain tumour in a bad place

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Reply 8 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 12:13:24 AM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
Any time you give a group of people an advantage over another group of people based on their beliefs or ethnicity, there exists a problem.

Unless it's affirmative action for blacks. Because we owe them.

www.uselessstatic.com
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 9 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 12:56:39 AM)

The most questionable part of this for me is.. there's such a thing as a swimming exam?
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 10 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 01:00:41 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
Quoted from emtilt:

I agree. The other issues involve infringing upon the rights of others to accommodate the religious values.

Yep. At least in America I know this oversteps the boundaries of reasonable accommodation; I don't know what the laws are in Quebec, however.
Quoted from goldorak:

Not too far, though, considering it is only a recommendation and not a requirement.
i am raising my eyebrow

Baggy Brad: Amphytrite if you come to my house I will stare at you until you orgasm as your prize
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 11 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 07:19:49 AM)

Quote:
Unless it's affirmative action for blacks. Because we owe them.

Yea, we sure do for making their fellow citizens enslave and sell them for a profit.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 12 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 08:40:34 AM)

Quoted from IF0:
The most questionable part of this for me is.. there's such a thing as a swimming exam?
I don't understand what the big deal is, exactly. They made the Blowjob portion of the exam optional years ago.
DJ

Славянец

Ballkicks: (+36 / -2)
Reg. Date: Feb 2007
Reply 13 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 08:43:39 AM)

Well, most students opt in so there is a great amount of peer pressure on those that don't want to do it to opt in anyway. And we all know how bad kids are at resisting peer pressure.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 14 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 08:58:03 AM)

All of those seem pretty dumb, but the separate swimming exams for Muslims seems the most retarded of them all. Welcome to the twenty first century people; we all live together, let's make it work.

As for the others: if you just put up with the angry Jews and don't give in, they'll stop making a fuss. Letting kids bring knives to school seems like a serious safety issue, I don't know how it can be justified.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
IF0
Administrator

Reply 15 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 11:06:51 AM)

What's that line.. "You don't have the right to not be offended."
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 16 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 05:48:52 PM)

Quote:
Letting kids bring knives to school seems like a serious safety issue,

Pencils and pens can easily be as dangerous as a knife, BAN THEM! BAN THEM TO HELL ALONG WITH ALL OTHER THINGS WHICH THEY CAN EXPRESS THEMSELVES BY!
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

Reply 17 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:19:47 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quote:

Pencils and pens can easily be as dangerous as a knife, BAN THEM! BAN THEM TO HELL ALONG WITH ALL OTHER THINGS WHICH THEY CAN EXPRESS THEMSELVES BY!

If you assault someone with a pencil, is it assault with a deadly weapon? How about with a knife?

www.uselessstatic.com
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:21:01 PM)

Yes. And battery as well, obviously (battery = unwanted touching).
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 19 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:21:58 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quote:

There's a big difference between pens/pencils and knives (and the weapons the Sikhs carry around are more like daggers). Knives are used for stabbing and cutting, pens/pencils are used for writing.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 20 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:36:30 PM)

What I want to know is how kids EXPRESS THEMSELVES BY with knives.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 21 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:37:22 PM)

Quote:
Knives are used for stabbing and cutting, pens/pencils are used for writing.

Yea, I realize that.

However, my point is that pens and pencils can be just as equally deadly as a ceremonial blade and yet the former is allowed and not the latter?

Believe it or not, if a person is intent on killing someone, they are going to accomplish it whether they bring a pen to do it or a knife.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 22 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:38:21 PM)

Atleast "death by ceremonial dagger" looks a hell of a lot cooler than "mutilated with a pen."
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 23 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 06:58:14 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
Quote:
Knives are used for stabbing and cutting, pens/pencils are used for writing.

Yea, I realize that.

However, my point is that pens and pencils can be just as equally deadly as a ceremonial blade and yet the former is allowed and not the latter?

Believe it or not, if a person is intent on killing someone, they are going to accomplish it whether they bring a pen to do it or a knife.

Your point is moot. Pens and pencils are not normally used for killing and it is considerably harder to kill with a pen or a pencil as opposed to a knife or dagger. A knife or dagger is a deadly weapon designed to kill people, pens and pencils are designed for putting words to paper.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

Reply 24 of 97 (Originally posted on: 03-20-07 07:00:00 PM)

Quote:

Pens and pencils have a place in classrooms. You write shit with them. You actually use them. When do you ever need a knife to learn how to multiply?

www.uselessstatic.com
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7497 | Total Posts: 97 ]