Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > HoD > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1903 | Total Posts: 14 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
So, HoD?
This poll has expired.
Yes 2 votes, 66.667%
Awesome idea, BA! 1 vote, 33.333%
Totals: 3 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
(Originally posted on: 02-25-07 02:17:06 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

or Hall of Drama(rama).

So I was bored and reading through some HoF threads, when I thought it could be a cool idea if we added a new forum called the Hall of Drama, which just as the name conveys, is a final resting place for all the shitty (and fantastic) forum Drama that happens here.

This is mostly because I think it's fun looking through all the old drama and to have it all consolidated into one fourm would be nifty.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for this to be shot down, but like I said, I only just thought of this a few minutes ago so I'm not married to it or anything.

ready? VOTE!
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-25-07 10:40:59 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I like the idea of making these drama threads easy to find. The problem is that if we were to create another forum, we'd have a shitload of forum history forums (unless RHOF was somehow merged with HOF). What if those threads were retagged with a "drama" tag so that they could be easily filtered?
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
animatedcardigan: i thought cunterhosen was you getting a brain tumour in a bad place

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-25-07 02:46:15 PM)

We did have a drama tag at one point, and I really liked it, but one of the admins deleted it. The only problem with that is going through all the history of threads that weren't added to the (R)HOF finding them, and changing the tags. The FAQ will helps some, but not entirely.
i am raising my eyebrow
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 3 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-26-07 10:30:45 PM)

I like Zippo's idea.

Although we should just make sure forum dramas are linked to in the Timeline. The primary sources always are interesting.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-26-07 11:08:17 PM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
We did have a drama tag at one point, and I really liked it, but one of the admins deleted it. The only problem with that is going through all the history of threads that weren't added to the (R)HOF finding them, and changing the tags. The FAQ will helps some, but not entirely.

With enough agreement I could do it while I go through old threads for the FAQ. No big deal, just it needs some sort of definition for drama.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Reply 5 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-27-07 09:47:43 PM)

Quote:
definition for drama.

Sitting here thinking about it, that's harder than it sounds. I'd suggest something as vague as "taking the internetz too seriously".
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-28-07 06:48:56 AM)

I don't think it can be defined, and I don't think we need to define it either. Everybody recognizes drama when they see it. If in doubt, ask three or four other forumers and see what they think about a particular drama-like event.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 7 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-28-07 12:57:41 PM)

Events that create real strong emotions among those involved and contain some degree of hostility.
DRAHNIER
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 8 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-28-07 02:26:28 PM)

I'll take this into consideration, and I'll discuss it with Matt and Rich about whether a drama tag can be implemented. The problem arises, though, in the number of posts. Does a thread have to be entirely drama, or can a 'snap attack' from say - Snowy - on somebody else justify drama?
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

Reply 9 of 14 (Originally posted on: 02-28-07 03:59:04 PM)

I think that's just flaming/trolling.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 10 of 14 (Originally posted on: 03-07-07 11:05:20 PM)

I think that this is a terrible idea.

But I agree these threads need to be saved, though. Just put them in the HoF. That's what it's there for.

I don't think the Hall of Fame should be just for comedy gold, but mere notoriety as well.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 11 of 14 (Originally posted on: 03-07-07 11:07:10 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:
I'll take this into consideration, and I'll discuss it with Matt and Rich about whether a drama tag can be implemented.

don't care
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 12 of 14 (Originally posted on: 03-08-07 12:33:45 AM)

As simple as it is to make a tag, nobody's done it yet.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 13 of 14 (Originally posted on: 03-08-07 01:40:44 PM)

there you go you lazy bastards
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 14 of 14 (Originally posted on: 03-08-07 06:28:47 PM)

alright, I'll go ahead and dramamize threads. Will be including:
- threads entirely or in a majority consist of drama
- threads with profound drama (drama which changed the perception of one or more person)
- "debates" that have devolved into idle drama

and by a case by case process:
- drama created through trolling or purposeful hijacking (eg. Vissario)
- drama in specific forum threads (not including SD, HoF, HoS)
- drama in RS
- threads that ended in bans/warnings of regular users
- threads that consist of little drama between two known adversaries (eg. Snowy vs. Kayte)
- large threads where drama is a minority (eg. Picture thread, Alcohol, FE)
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1903 | Total Posts: 14 ]