Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Quebecians? (from Canada) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5463 | Total Posts: 51 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Quebecians
This poll has expired.
I am one 2 votes, 13.333%
I know some and they are just like me, 4 votes, 26.667%
They are crazy 6 votes, 40%
They are dumb 3 votes, 20%
Totals: 15 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-11-07 10:47:57 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So, some people I know are prejudice against people from Quebec, who vacation in South Florida and can't drive. I just wonder, are any of the Canadians here from there? (I never paid attention) If so, or not, do you like them? Is it general knowledge that there is something wrong with them? I know they are mostly the French speaking ones.

*Note that this isn't some hidden intention to make fun of French people, as I like French culture. Only related to people from Quebec.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 1 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-11-07 11:29:21 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quebecois.

I've been to Florida, from what I observed, no one there can drive.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-11-07 11:38:33 PM)

Quoted from Mr Pixies:
So, some people I know are prejudice against people from Quebec, who vacation in South Florida and can't drive. I just wonder, are any of the Canadians here from there? (I never paid attention) If so, or not, do you like them? Is it general knowledge that there is something wrong with them? I know they are mostly the French speaking ones.

*Note that this isn't some hidden intention to make fun of French people, as I like French culture. Only related to people from Quebec.

Google Rene Levesque, FLQ and come to your own bloody conclusions. I know I get damn well sick of hearing about them bitch about how the French Culture is under attack, when that is a fucking huge load of schlock...considering there is massive pockets of french speaking people in NS,NB, PEI, and Ontario.

Its the constant "we are gonna leave you guys" threat and its getting old. If I had my way the bloc and other seperatist partys would be barred from the hill but I guess that goes against rule of law and politics.

Plus some French are still bitter some jackass wasnt guarding the goat path and all of New France got routed by the British. And some are still bitter over some little "deportation" incident way back when.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-11-07 11:40:25 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Quebecois.

I've been to Florida, from what I observed, no one there can drive.

The further from Miami you get, the nicer/better the drivers.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
animatedcardigan: i thought cunterhosen was you getting a brain tumour in a bad place

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 4 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 12:36:41 AM)

I've yet to meet any Quebecois who are really all that different from any other Canadians, or anyone from anywhere else, for that matter.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 5 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 11:07:08 AM)

My astrophysics prof was Quebecois; he was pretty cool.

But there's something kind of...off with all of them. And separatism really bugs me. An independent nation for extra special Canadians...that Canada pays for. I hope that if they do split off, we get to ditch those annoying bilingual laws. Always looking for instructions on food packages and getting the French side, seeing annoying double road signs, and having to learn French in school for nine years. It would make more sense to teach Chinese than French in some parts of Canada.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 6 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 11:22:18 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
Quebecois.

That's almost like being from Wisconsin. Except we get to be all rare mineral sounding "Wisconsinite".
BELLADONNA, n. In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 7 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 12:31:44 PM)

Quoted from KaosDeath:
Quoted from kayte:
Quebecois.

That's almost like being from Wisconsin. Except we get to be all rare mineral sounding "Wisconsinite".

It sounds weird too

Ke Bb Kwaaa
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 8 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 12:48:14 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:
Quoted from KaosDeath:
Quoted from kayte:
Quebecois.

It sounds weird too

Ke Bb Kwaaa

That would be the French's doing. If it were the English It would never have been named Quebec. I think it would have probably been named Cape Diamond & if the English named it the people would probably sound all Disney like "Cape Daimondneer's". What do you think 'eh?
BELLADONNA, n. In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 05:51:52 PM)

Quote:
And separatism really bugs me

Yea, people pretty much don't deserve to make their own nations and lead themselves... sorta like Southerners after the American Civil War. God knows that its better just to ram different groups together and paint lines on the map like Europeans did to the Middle East and reap the rewards of it later on!

THE MORE YOU KNOW
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaires
goldorak
Conan The Destroyer, Idiot Extraordinaire

Ballkicks: (+22 / -12)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 10 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 08:10:08 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
Google Rene Levesque, FLQ and come to your own bloody conclusions. I know I get damn well sick of hearing about them bitch about how the French Culture is under attack, when that is a fucking huge load of schlock...considering there is massive pockets of french speaking people in NS,NB, PEI, and Ontario.

Its the constant "we are gonna leave you guys" threat and its getting old. If I had my way the bloc and other seperatist partys would be barred from the hill but I guess that goes against rule of law and politics.

Plus some French are still bitter some jackass wasnt guarding the goat path and all of New France got routed by the British. And some are still bitter over some little "deportation" incident way back when.

we suck... no question about it
kayte is cute
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 08:15:28 PM)

Quoted from goldorak:

we suck... no question about it

You gave us the habs, poutine and St.Catherines Street , Montreal. If Quebec seperates Montreal is going to stay in Canada.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-12-07 11:33:45 PM)

Quoted from Vissario:
Quote:
And separatism really bugs me

Yea, people pretty much don't deserve to make their own nations and lead themselves... sorta like Southerners after the American Civil War. God knows that its better just to ram different groups together and paint lines on the map like Europeans did to the Middle East and reap the rewards of it later on!

There's already a distinct French nation, it's called France, if the separatists want to hop a plane and move there I support them wholeheartedly.
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 13 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 12:28:59 AM)

The Nordiques Jersey's were pretty sick. Montreal was fun to visit. One of my friends lives a street over from St. Catherines while he attends McGill. It was really cool to be out at one in the morning, and to have Price Arthur Quest be flooded with people still.

So yeah.. you Quebecians, keep up the good work.
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 14 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 12:35:26 AM)

Quote:
Always looking for instructions on food packages and getting the French side

Canada must be rough, man.

Also, try having the instructions written in NINE languages!

That's right don't come bitching to me about your food packages, your food packages are a walk in the park!
DRAHNIER
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 15 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 12:36:55 AM)

Quote:
There's already a distinct French nation, it's called France, if the separatists want to hop a plane and move there I support them wholeheartedly.

So when are you moving to England?
ôWas der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, verm÷gen heute nur wenige zu ahnen Ś noch weniger kann ich darŘber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ Ś und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....ö

RUDOLF HESS
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 16 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 02:08:18 AM)

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
Quote:
Always looking for instructions on food packages and getting the French side

Canada must be rough, man.

Also, try having the instructions written in NINE languages!

That's right don't come bitching to me about your food packages, your food packages are a walk in the park!

When I bought my nose clip the instructions were written in

English
French
German
Spanish
Modern Greek
Japanese
Cantonese
Thai
Arabic
Italian
I believe Korean

Swimming is an international sport!!!
Zippo: i don't like boston fans in general
Zippo: so it makes me happy when one of their teams loses
Zippo: and that makes me a jerk but i don't care
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 17 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 06:49:40 AM)

Quote:

That's like saying Americans = English.

Seriously, why do only English speakers have the right of self-determination but French speakers don't?
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 07:14:36 AM)

Fuck they have been given the bloody chance to be there own country 5 fucking times now. Each result...they stay in Canada. It gets old and boring considering most people in Quebec vote PQ/Bloc whatever because they want to use the party as a Quebec Special interest group and have no desires to seperate from Canada.

Then again im sure we could just invade and take it all over again.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 04:40:47 PM)

I don't see anything wrong with self-replicating referendums, actually. If this generation doesn't want to be independent, maybe the next one will, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Nationalism is stupid, but Canadian nationalism is not any less stupid than QuÚbÚcois nationalism.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
goldorak
Conan The Destroyer, Idiot Extraordinaire

Ballkicks: (+22 / -12)
Reg. Date: Jan 2007
Reply 20 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-13-07 04:59:51 PM)

Each result...they stay in Canada. It gets old and boring considering most people in Quebec vote PQ/Bloc whatever because they want to use the party as a Quebec Special interest group and have no desires to seperate from Canada.

we lost the last referendum because of money and ethnic votes... jacques parizeau was right

btw it's quebecers, not quebecians
kayte is cute
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 21 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-18-07 03:10:06 PM)

Those Montreal girls are hot. But I guess anywhere else is attractive when half of the females are obese scary black women and obese annoying white women.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 22 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-18-07 04:12:35 PM)

Quote:
Then again im sure we could just invade and take it all over again.

That would be something a country like Canada would do.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 23 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-18-07 08:54:39 PM)

a country like us...well please do go on
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 24 of 51 (Originally posted on: 02-18-07 08:56:43 PM)

Quote:
...well please do go on

It doesn't seem like a far leap from censoring political minorities to dealing with pro-separatists with the sword.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5463 | Total Posts: 51 ]