Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > JUST bought a 2007 Scion tC. Fuck yeah! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 7800 | Total Posts: 66 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 01-02-07 05:26:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://www.scion.com/showroom/tc/gallery/

Just got back from a test drive and wow, I was certainly impressed. The interior isn't the most spacious, but it is comfortable as hell. The handling is superb, much better than my mom's 1995 Geo Prizm that I've been driving around for the last couple months.

The dealership price at the moment is $17,800 plus a 6% sales tax, which makes it come out to be about $18,868 after tax.

If I do end up getting it, with my credit rating being fairly good, I should get a 6.5-6.9% APR over 60 months, which means I'll probably put a good $7-8k downpayment on it and make $200 -250payments each month.

Anyway, so what are your opinions on the Sction tC, anyone have one of their own? Know friends who have one? Have any horror stories about them?

I'm going to give it about three days of additional research and review before I make a decision, so help me out, if you can.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 05:30:44 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't really have anything of value to say, but I think atleast 8 out of 10 Scions I see are being driven by asians. I don't know why.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 07:28:31 PM)

I don't know anything about cars, but that one in particular would look way better without the spoiler, I think.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 07:51:16 PM)

Damnit I'm so jealous, that's my reasonable-dream car. The only way I have a car now is because I share it with my older sister, and she was against getting a used Scion tC (it was too "macho" for her) so we got a matrix instead.

The one I was looking at was a 2004 used tC I think. I dont know how the 07 is different.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 4 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 07:51:20 PM)

well, i think it's a nice looking car
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Ms PT
INTL Premium Member

:)

Ballkicks: (+123 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2005
Reply 5 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 08:35:53 PM)

PHEW! I thought that for a second the vehicle you were talking about was the Scion xB because they are seriously the ugliest car on the road. (http://www.scion.com/showroom/xb/gallery/index.html

I don't know anything about this particular make cause well....they don't make the Scion for sale in Canada, but my cousin in Boston has had the xB for 2 years now and loves it. She hasn't had any problems with it and gets good gas mileage and all that jazz.

Happy Car Hunting...and the tC really looks like a nice ride!
I've learned one thing and that's to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Drink till sunrise. Spend money you don't have. The work never ends, but college does..."
~ Tom Petty
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 08:36:51 PM)

seems alright. For a second I thought you were buying one of those scions that look like a box on wheels.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 7 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 11:07:53 PM)

Quoted from Ms PT:
PHEW! I thought that for a second the vehicle you were talking about was the Scion xB because they are seriously the ugliest car on the road. ride!

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
seems alright. For a second I thought you were buying one of those scions that look like a box on wheels.

I like the box on wheels look. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Then again, I have a thing for ugly cars. i'm a serial-killer :)
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 8 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-02-07 11:10:45 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
Quoted from Ms PT:
PHEW! I thought that for a second the vehicle you were talking about was the Scion xB because they are seriously the ugliest car on the road. ride!

I like the box on wheels look. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Then again, I have a thing for ugly cars. i'm a serial-killer :)

you worked on military vehicles. it's expected
D
Administrator

Reply 9 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 02:12:36 AM)

Yeah, I actually did too. My remark about asians and scions only refers to the box ones.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 10 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 03:24:24 AM)

First thing I thought was the boxy one.

That one is okay, but nothing too special, I don't think. If it's comfy and good to drive, then I'd go for it.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 11 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 03:38:06 AM)

Economically speaking, used cars are the way to go. If you change the oil regularly and don't drive it too hard, any car of the past decade should make it to 150,000 on the odometer.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 12 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 12:31:43 PM)

It has a 161-horsepower engine.

I'm pretty sure my lawnmower is more powerful. kekeke u give soj???
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 13 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 01:52:26 PM)

http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/4171.html

A quick search on the internet shows good reviews with the only fallback being that it's a sports coupe that doesn't look sporty.

See if you can talk down the dealer. I bought a car about six months ago and managed to pay only the invoice price. The guy has been a huge dick since though because he didn't make any money off me.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
<Snook> penis makes me hungrier than you could ever know LOL IM SUCH A FAG!![/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 14 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 02:52:50 PM)

Quoted from Dante:
It has a 161-horsepower engine.

I'm pretty sure my lawnmower is more powerful. kekeke u give soj???

its about not sucking all your gas money away.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 15 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 03:46:10 PM)

I like it. It's sleek, and you seem to enjoy it from what you said about the test drive. You don't see many Scions up here, but from what I hear they're relatively fine. No evident objections as there are in other vehicles.
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 16 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 04:10:24 PM)

The car looks pretty good, especially the Azure Pearl and white coloured ones.
- Scarlet.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 17 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-03-07 04:32:30 PM)

Quoted from etymxris:
Economically speaking, used cars are the way to go. If you change the oil regularly and don't drive it too hard, any car of the past decade should make it to 150,000 on the odometer.

I broke that, but my truck is a total piece of shit. Go figure.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 18 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 11:51:46 AM)

I drive the box and the only problem I've had in the last year have been with my after market rims. In all I'd say they're alright cars, good price, good gas, and a fairly smooth ride.
D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 12:57:56 PM)

Quoted from Ileus:
I drive the box and the only problem I've had in the last year have been with my after market rims. In all I'd say they're alright cars, good price, good gas, and a fairly smooth ride.

Are you Asian?
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 20 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 12:58:45 PM)

Seriously, no one else has a problem with that spoiler?
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 01:27:32 PM)

Has no one else noticed the amount of Asians driving Scions?
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 22 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 01:52:32 PM)

That's cuz they're all Scions of Confuscious.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 23 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 03:59:48 PM)

scion is the boost mobile of the automotive industry

where you at
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 24 of 66 (Originally posted on: 01-04-07 05:14:19 PM)

How come I have never heard of this brand before?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7800 | Total Posts: 66 ]