Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What the hell is growing in my toilet? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 10933 | Total Posts: 32 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:17:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My toilet bowl seems to have developed a whole flora and fauna of its own, and it's fucking disgusting.

Something keeps growing in it, coming back after you clean it off.
And this isn't just your regular microscopic toilet-mold, this looks more like seaweed or grass, transparent brownish underwater grass that grows from the sides of the toilet bowl getting longer and longer.

What the fuck man.

Since any basic biology class will teach you that algae can't grow without sunlight, i have concluded that this must be some type of nasty fungus.
A slimey stringy brown fungus that grows like grass and lives on the nutrients in my fecal matter and that is possibly growing inside my body too. (nasty)

I have never heard of anything like it.
I must be the filthiest fucking person in the world, high-school biology groups could make field trips to my toilet.

Any theories?

PS. Sorry about this thread, but i haven't made one in a long time.
Besides someone had to destroy the christmas spirit.
DRAHNIER
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 1 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:20:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

hmm well it would be easier to identify if you took a pic

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 2 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:22:48 PM)

It would be hard to make it visible enough in a photo since it hasn't grown long yet this time.

Perhaps i should let it grow for another 2 weeks.
It'll probably reach the surface or something eventually. (Oh man fucking nasty)
DRAHNIER
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:44:38 PM)

Is it growing on the inside or the outside?
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 4 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:53:02 PM)

I said it's under water!
DRAHNIER
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 5 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 02:18:49 PM)

I thought you were describing what it looked like. Underwater grass looks different!

Plus, maybe your bathrooms flooded, who knows.

Also I kinda skimmed that sentence anyway.

In any case, I dont know what it is, but sounds gross.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 6 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 02:21:46 PM)

pour bleach into the toilet, let it sit for a couple hours. The problem will go away. Make sure that the area is well ventilated before you pour the bleach in.
An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 7 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 04:34:48 PM)

Thank god you didn't post a picture.

Hey, maybe the thing is sentient.
Šonne onwęcneš eft wineleas guma, gesihš him biforan fealwe wegas, bažian brimfuglas, brędan fežra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Žonne beoš žy hefigran heortan benne, sare ęfter swęsne. Sorg biš geniwad žonne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfeš, greteš gliwstafum, georne geondsceawaš secga geseldan; swimmaš oft on weg. Fleotendra ferš no žęr fela bringeš cušra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 8 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 06:16:59 PM)

Bleach. Also buy some toliet duck or whatever is equal to that in viking land.

Just make sure you dont mix the blech with some toliet products. Or next thing you know you wonder why there is nasty gas in the apartment*

*MsPT was cleaning the bathroom and mixed some products. Shortly afterwards we are doing a live re-enactment of the western front circa 1916.
This reply was last edited on 12-22-06 07:21:55 AM by Mr Excitable.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 9 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 06:40:14 PM)

Mixing bleach with an acid makes a hydrochloric acid which will fuck you up even at low levels. Some toilet bowl cleaners contain acids so don't mix the bleach with anything. Your also not supposed to mix ammonia which is found in urine with bleach but for some reason I could never resist peeing in a bowl full of bleach.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 10 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 07:26:56 PM)

Ammonia mixed with bleach forms NH2Cl, NHCl2, NCl3, and N2H4, which can kill you pretty quick if you inhale much of it. All four are toxic to some degree. N2H4 can also burn skin.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 11 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 11:50:46 AM)

Maybe it will infect your genetilia the next time you sit down to take a shit. Nothing like a crotch fungus!
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 12 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 03:33:07 PM)

I suggest that you piss in it and don't flush for a couple of days. Piss can be pretty toxic and the pH change might be enough to kill it..

or make it stronger
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will NOT resume in 6 months)
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 13 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 10:31:59 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:
I suggest that you piss in it and don't flush for a couple of days. Piss can be pretty toxic and the pH change might be enough to kill it..

or make it stronger

HOORAY!

Hallo fuckface.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 14 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-23-06 12:54:06 PM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
Quoted from Salamando:

or make it stronger

HOORAY!

Hallo fuckface.
-K for the fat one
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will NOT resume in 6 months)
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 15 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-23-06 10:11:19 PM)

He's such a BEAST.

Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 16 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-23-06 11:29:23 PM)

definitely sounds like a fungus, which is not unusual. It wont grow inside you. The fungus most likely originated from an airbourne source, not from your bowels. Even when you close the lid, or clean the toilet frequently, the fungus can still find a way in - usually through the crack between the seat and the toilet. Bleach works. If not, try laundry detergent - do it more than once, though, to ensure that the fungus wont spread. See if you can determine the source, but that is not necessary nor always possible.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 17 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-24-06 12:02:11 AM)

Dont lie to him. What grows in the bowl is a representation of the veritable kelp farm that exists in his watery bowels. Sea monkeys too.

Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-24-06 12:03:46 AM)

I recommend sulfuric acid, which you can get at your local wal-mart.
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars— mere globs of gas atoms. Nothing is 'mere'. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more? The vastness of the heavens stretches my imagination— stuck on this carousel my little eye can catch one-million-year-old light. A vast pattern— of which I am a part... What is the pattern or the meaning or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little more about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it? What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent."
"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing —that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
All by R. Feynman.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-25-06 01:22:22 AM)

800 Molar Xenoic acid will do the trick. I happen to have some under my Christmas tree.

H2XeO4
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 20 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-25-06 11:00:50 PM)

Now now, if you are going to spring for that, you might as well go all out.

Fluoroantimonic acid is the way to go, HFSbF5

Mofo will kill everything (it can rip methane out from isopentane. It is at least a few quadrillion times stronger than 100% sulfuric.
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars— mere globs of gas atoms. Nothing is 'mere'. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more? The vastness of the heavens stretches my imagination— stuck on this carousel my little eye can catch one-million-year-old light. A vast pattern— of which I am a part... What is the pattern or the meaning or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little more about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it? What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent."
"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing —that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
All by R. Feynman.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-25-06 11:01:45 PM)

Quoted from José Rizal:
800 Molar Xenoic acid will do the trick. I happen to have some under my Christmas tree.

H2XeO4
Nerd!
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 22 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-26-06 11:01:09 AM)

Yeah fuck you nerds. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 23 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-26-06 11:24:07 AM)

Just give it a name and pet it.

I suggest "Jesper Jespersson."
Šonne onwęcneš eft wineleas guma, gesihš him biforan fealwe wegas, bažian brimfuglas, brędan fežra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Žonne beoš žy hefigran heortan benne, sare ęfter swęsne. Sorg biš geniwad žonne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfeš, greteš gliwstafum, georne geondsceawaš secga geseldan; swimmaš oft on weg. Fleotendra ferš no žęr fela bringeš cušra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 24 of 32 (Originally posted on: 12-26-06 03:10:02 PM)

I'm naming it "sukkit gonzales".
DRAHNIER
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10933 | Total Posts: 32 ]