Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Superheroes > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5116 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
FD2
area man
oh you die now (not you FD2)

Ballkicks: (+7 / -4)
Reg. Date: Dec 2006
(Originally posted on: 12-20-06 05:34:25 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Now, let's get this straight: Batman is easily the coolest superhero. Quite simply, he doesn't have any superpowers and harnesses the power of modern technology for the goodness of mankind. Compared to him, Superman, Spiderman, Aquaman, and everyone else are all complete losers. I mean, from the moment they start, Superman has an advantage over his adversary. Batman has no advantage. But, he still stops crime.

So, who's your favorite superhero?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 05:42:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

However, with the exception of omnipotent multidimensional beings, Superman would beat pretty much any other superhero in a fight. Even though he may not be the awesomest, he still has that.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 05:43:57 PM)

Green Arrow does not have superpowers either and has one up on Batman. Various technologically advanced Arrows. Though Batman does have the better lair with the bat cave.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 05:45:56 PM)

I kind of stopped caring about superheroes when I hit puberty.

...Then I started caring about superwomen!

Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 05:52:41 PM)

Quoted from <b><font color=yellow>Dumplings</b></font>:
I kind of stopped caring about superheroes when I hit puberty.

...Then I started caring about superwomen!

I STILL want to fuck Linda Carter!!!
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 06:02:45 PM)

Wasn't her only weakness getting chained to things?
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 06:24:36 PM)

So Batman is cool because he's a rich motherfucker with too much time on his hands? The message it conveys is "MONEY IS THE GREATEST SUPERPOWER."

I prefer Spiderman, the superhero of the nerd and the proletariat.

PS: not movie Spiderman.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 08:00:41 PM)

Quoted from <font color=yellow><b>Sugar Coated Peanuts</font></b>:
So Batman is cool because he's a rich motherfucker with too much time on his hands? The message it conveys is "MONEY IS THE GREATEST SUPERPOWER."
No way man. Batman uses his wealth to give back to the community by spending it on things to protect the proletariat. He is not your typical rich dude and times he even feels guilty about his wealth. He has to be rich though, super powers are free but high tech gadgets are expensive as hell. It is not the money though that is the source of his superpower, it is the strength of his character and his will to see justice served. He is popular because he is macho and dark unlike spiderman who is sarcastic and awkward and superman who is perfect and boring. Did that make any sense cause it was all bullshit.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 09:29:12 PM)

I asked Stephen Colbert and he said JESUS was the best superhero ever.

Or Optimus Prime whatever comes first. Ive always loved my transformers. I dont need evidence, Optimus is enough.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:50:43 AM)

I love Batman and Spiderman. Shady is right about Batman, money isn't what makes him super, its his huge heart which puts the welfare of the people of Gotham above his own needs.

Spiderman is also awesome because of how human he is. I empathize more for Spiderman than for any other character. I get so stressed out watching him. But its good because his story has the ability to do that.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 05:19:25 AM)

Beastie Boys.
Tiger (obviously)
I'M ON IRC, TALK TO ME, I'M DEPRESSIVE
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 08:26:01 AM)

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 11:28:13 AM)

It is not a time paradox...it is a time-space anomaly...The same person can occupy the same time but NOT the same space. Have you ever seen Time Cop? They can converse with each other but they cannot touch.

EDIT: Dr. Who makes an awesome Time-Space superhero!!
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 11:42:57 AM)

Lex Luthor.

I don't even care if he's not a superhero. He rocks Batman and every super hero right in the ass. Not only was he not randomly blessed with superpowers like everyone else, he also wasn't born into wealth like Batman and made himself a worthy opponent of Superman.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 11:46:49 AM)

Quoted from KaosDeath:
It is not a time paradox...it is a time-space anomaly...The same person can occupy the same time but NOT the same space. Have you ever seen Time Cop? They can converse with each other but they cannot touch.

UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 12:22:42 PM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
Quoted from KaosDeath:

UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

Save the Cheerleader...Save the world...
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 12:53:29 PM)

Nightcrawler is the best superhero ever created.

Batman is a tool. Wolverine would eat him for breakfast, along with almost any other Marvel hero. The only people Batman stops are fugly looking people in costumes designed to match their boss.
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge wonĺt last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 03:21:28 PM)

Bam Margera, what will he do next?

"Whatever the fuck i want" coal
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 04:03:11 PM)

Quote:

"Whatever the fuck i want"

That intro is so fucking obnoxious.

Much like everything else he does and he himself.
DRAHNIER
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 04:08:56 PM)

I've always liked Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen especially. Their narrations were always more insightful than other superheroes'. God, I love Allan Moore's work.

Batman has always been a favourite as well, despite horrible films in the 80s and 90s.

And then the Joker, Batman's villain, who isn't super, always seems much more powerful in his madness somehow. I think he was a poorly explained and introduced characters, but he's consistently the best villain.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 02:37:47 PM)

Quoted from Surt:

"Whatever the fuck i want" coal

Bam Margera and is friends were originally from this town kinda close to me. Everyone in that town is a tool just like him.
Jesu▀
INTL Premium Member
Healing America by Beating People Up

It's "erroneous," you uptight fairy.

Ballkicks: (+137 / -34)
Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 03:32:10 PM)

Anyone from The Authority.

But only the Warren Ellis ones. Not the other shitty stories.

Oh yeah. And the entire cast of Nextwave (see avatar)
Without you I am only revolutions of ruin.
Tidus

Panda power!

Ballkicks: (+18 / -29)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-24-06 11:19:32 AM)

Quote:
However, with the exception of omnipotent multidimensional beings, Superman would beat pretty much any other superhero in a fight. Even though he may not be the awesomest, he still has that.
Batman could beat, and in several cases has beaten, Superman. Superman described Batman as "The Most Dangerous man on earth".
Read The Dark Knight Returns for a prime example of Bats (with a little help from Green Arrow) doing just that. In fact, read it anyway as (in my humble little opinion) it's second only to Watchmen for the title of best graphic novel ever written.

Batman beats anything and everything with the exception of omnipotent multidimensional beings if given time to prepare, and he generally comes prepared for pretty well anything. Heĺs got a Kryptonite Ring he keeps with him whenever heĺs around ĹSupes.

Quote:
Batman is a tool. Wolverine would eat him for breakfast, along with almost any other Marvel hero.
I haven't seen anything where Wolverine fought Batman (I expect it's happened given the amount of crossovers over the years), but I think the fight would be far from 1-sided. And as for any Marvel hero, Batman did beat Captain American in Marvel vs DC, and could take out Spiderman without breaking a sweat.
Also: Dark Claw.

Quote:
I've always liked Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen especially. Their narrations were always more insightful than other superheroes'. God, I love Allan Moore's work.
There are two kinds of people: Those who havenĺt read Watchmen, and those who think Rorschach is legendary. As mentioned above, Watchmen is my all time favourite graphic novel. Did you hear they're making a movie of it? After seeing V for Vendetta adapted brilliantly I have high hopes for this one.

Quote:
And then the Joker, Batman's villain, who isn't super, always seems much more powerful in his madness somehow. I think he was a poorly explained and introduced characters, but he's consistently the best villain.
Speaking of Movies, and of Alan Moore, I can't wait to see Joker in The Dark Knight (sequel to Batman Begins). Apparently the source material they're using includes Moore's The Killing Joke. From Wikipedia: "Heath Ledger described his role as the Joker as 'more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes'." I like the sound of that i'm a serial-killer :)

Also, why the hell hasn't anybody mentioned Deadpool yet?
Look behind you.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-24-06 02:34:35 PM)

Nonsense. The greatest superheroes are the Superior Squad, by a long shot.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 12-25-06 12:20:29 AM)

Quoted from Tidus:
As mentioned above, Watchmen is my all time favourite graphic novel. Did you hear they're making a movie of it? After seeing V for Vendetta adapted brilliantly I have high hopes for this one.

I think it would better as a 12-part TV series a la Band of Brothers or something, but last I heard, the movie had eight or nine budget set backs and had been cancelled and replanned a few times.

Quote:
Speaking of Movies, and of Alan Moore, I can't wait to see Joker in The Dark Knight (sequel to Batman Begins). Apparently the source material they're using includes Moore's The Killing Joke. From Wikipedia: "Heath Ledger described his role as the Joker as 'more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes'." I like the sound of that i'm a serial-killer :)

That's fantastic. I actually really enjoyed Batman Begins and wondered how they were going to introduce Harvey Dent if there was a sequel.

It seems like there is a possibility of it half-following the plot of "The Long Halloween" if only Carmine Falcone  wasn't driven mad by Scarecrow, the last we saw him - unless he recovered? 
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5116 | Total Posts: 50 ]