Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Still alive if anyone cares. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4242 | Total Posts: 35 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
DragonofTwilight

an army of dumb

Ballkicks: (+39 / -29)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
(Originally posted on: 12-17-06 12:11:12 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the news of my demise is greatly exagerated. I am not dead, just deployed. Those of you in the service will understand my pain, those of you who are not. You're welcome.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 01:45:08 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Japanese tattoo, right?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 01:56:47 PM)

and the action figures
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 02:19:54 PM)

who?
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 02:21:12 PM)

I never knew what the blurry avatar is about.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 05:13:30 PM)

i don't give a shit about dragonoftwilight

i don't think anyone has ever mentioned him
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 05:38:04 PM)

To answer the question implied in the title: No.
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 7 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 05:42:29 PM)

+1 goes to the attention whore in the title post.

EDIT - +1 for everyone in the thread. Merry Christmas, assholes.

Double Edit - +1 for everyone else who posts after me in this thread. (Offer non-applicable to awkward jimmy)
"Hey there, Fancypants. Play the songs that make us dance. Play the tunes that make the ladies swoon. A song for all the lonely hearts, shattered dreams and broken parts. It feels like sunny days are coming soon."
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 8 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 05:50:30 PM)

Want to take some of the heat off DragonofTwilight, eh? Awww, how laudable of you.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 9 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 07:45:36 PM)

Take care man.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-17-06 10:18:58 PM)

Glad you're still alive dude. I expect these status updates to carry into the future so as to continually propagate news of your sustentation amongst the forum dwellers with whom you have established such a remarkable rapport of brotherhood and mutual respect. Namaste.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 11 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-18-06 12:59:34 AM)

you can stay at my house once you desert
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reply 12 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-18-06 04:18:37 AM)

Quoted from JosÚ Rizal:

Why didn't I get that offer?

And what camp are you at... a few of us know our way around Iraq.
An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
Scarlet
Woah

Skank

Ballkicks: (+82 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 13 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-18-06 12:38:55 PM)

Who said he was dead?
- Scarlet.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-18-06 03:10:55 PM)

Quoted from <font color="pink"><b>Gay JosÚ</font></b>:

If you ever dessert, stop by my house because I am hungry.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
DragonofTwilight

an army of dumb

Reply 15 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-19-06 12:38:37 PM)

Alright look, the thread title was a cheap attempt at humor, made after a long day, and during a minor bout of depression. And MMAC, unfortunatly I'm not in Iraq, I'm in Afghanistan. BTW my avatar is a picture of a Warhammer 40k figure that I put together and painted. I'm a gamer geek, what? One last thing of this post, Surt, I'll see you in hell
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 16 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-19-06 02:09:16 PM)

Well, i wont stoop to your level and work with a christian frame of the universe, but it's cute that you do, just what i would expect from american hillbilly footsoldier

And if you put so much effort into that figurine, why did you take such a crappy picture?

Anyways, have a merry christmaz you big ol' nerd you coal
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-19-06 02:22:57 PM)

Well, glad to hear you're still alive and the army hasn't killed you yet. How's your MOS treating you? What are you doing over in theater? I assume you've made at least e-4 by now, or did you go through the NCO bullshit? How much longer in your deployment?

Don't worry about Surt, some of us appreciate it, even if you're just a hillbilly footsoldier like me.
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 18 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-19-06 02:25:55 PM)

Quoted from DragonofTwilight:
BTW my avatar is a picture of a Warhammer 40k figure that I put together and painted.

Cool.

No, seriously, I think it's cool. I never got to paint my HeroQuest figures - that I regret.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
DragonofTwilight

an army of dumb

Reply 19 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 08:34:12 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
Well, i wont stoop to your level and work with a christian frame of the universe, but it's cute that you do, just what i would expect from american hillbilly footsoldier

And if you put so much effort into that figurine, why did you take such a crappy picture?

Anyways, have a merry christmaz you big ol' nerd you coal

Seeing how I'm not christain, I don't know how you got the idea I was working within that framework. I'm not a hillybilly, foot soldier. I'm just an infantry soldier from Wisconsin. I haven't even been hunting. The crappy picture of the fig is do to the crappy digital camera I had to work with.

TRC- My MOS is treatin me ok. My knees are a little torn up, but that's to be expected. I did have to go to PLDC, but that was only because I was the most senior E-4 (Read longest time in grade) Even though the otherr E-4 in my squad got an impact promotion to CPL from the BC and CSM. Not sure about how much longer I'm gonna be stuck out here, they won't tell us for sure, there are half a million rumors floating about, and You know I couldn't post the info even if I did know. OPSEC and all, they've been harping on that lately. And as far as Surt goes, I know he's just jeleous.
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Reply 20 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 08:48:34 AM)

jeleous of what? jeleous?
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 21 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-20-06 01:35:33 PM)

Dragon, you got a mailing address? Need anything specific? PM me your address and I'll see if I can't get something out that'll help you take your mind off your work. It may take some time because I'm a forgetful stoner, but I'll see what I can dig up and send out for entertainment value.

learn u some stuff ok?? jealous
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reply 22 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 01:44:16 AM)

OPSEC doesn' mean you can't say the name of the post you're at. OPSEC means that you can't say "I'm going on a convoy from here to here at 5:00" During the invasion saying where you were mattered ever since... not so much. When I was in charge of the operators in camp arifjan, I constantly had people calling up, refusing to tell me their name/unit/where they were from, and expecting for us to transfer them from DSN to international commercial numbers.
An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 23 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-21-06 06:19:01 PM)

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the news of my demise is greatly exagerated. I am not dead, just deployed. Those of you in the service will understand my pain, those of you who are not. You're welcome.

Haha, thanks for the condescending "you're welcome," before someone says thank you. You're getting paid, and you signed the dotted line. If people want to fawn all over you because you're protecting the great ol' USA from the terrorists, that's your business. As far as I'm concerned, you landed a job you're stuck in for 4 years and might get killed in the process. Forgive my cynicism, but I'm a bit tired of the attitude of the vets we have on the board...they forget sometimes that we pay their salaries so that they can smoke pot, play video games and try to weasel their way out of the deployment that we're paying them to go on.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reply 24 of 35 (Originally posted on: 12-22-06 10:43:57 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:

Haha, thanks for the condescending "you're welcome," before someone says thank you. You're getting paid, and you signed the dotted line. If people want to fawn all over you because you're protecting the great ol' USA from the terrorists, that's your business. As far as I'm concerned, you landed a job you're stuck in for 4 years and might get killed in the process. Forgive my cynicism, but I'm a bit tired of the attitude of the vets we have on the board...they forget sometimes that we pay their salaries so that they can smoke pot, play video games and try to weasel their way out of the deployment that we're paying them to go on.

Funny how you've taken up this topic as a forum crusade. I suggest to you there are more pervasive misdeeds being committed with your precious tax dollars than dodging bullets. Seems like you just hate feeling like these guys ''work for you'' and yet you've got to visit the forum and see them goofing off.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4242 | Total Posts: 35 ]