Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > KKKramer > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 11341 | Total Posts: 114 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
What do you think should happen as a result of this verbal attack on African Americans?
This poll has expired.
Nothing. Free speech, he did nothing wrong 14 votes, 38.889%
Although he's at fault, no punishment 21 votes, 58.333%
Fine and/or jail time 0 votes, 0%
Other sort of Punishment/repercussion 1 vote, 2.778%
Totals: 36 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-22-06 12:31:11 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I'm sure many of you have heard what happened with Kramer from Seinfeld at a comedy club recently.

Here's the video:

Thoughts?

He has since apologized.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 12:33:47 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Isn't the utter destruction of what little career he had left after Seinfeld punishment enough?
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 2 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 12:38:56 PM)

I think it's awesomely entertaining that these famous people are exploding their incendiary egos and prejudices for all the world to see. It needs to happen more often. First Mel Gisbon and now this twat. I giggle at the whole 'oh im not a racist, im just angry...' angle. Of course they're racists, mmmm big juicy prejudiced fallable cunts. More! MORE! Oh yeah, and no punishment by law. Lacking the financial clout of Gibson, KKKramer will probably be Dancing With The Stars in a few years....if he's lucky.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 01:06:51 PM)

What was heard on stage is not unlike what might be heard at poker night with Adam & his Y-town friends, so I had to laugh at the "fine/jail time" option as it seems a little over the top. Anyway, if he had a good reputation to begin with this pretty much killed it, so sucks to be him. People need to apply their word vomit filters in public (and also realize that if something "shocking" is happening, someone is filming it for the internet).
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 01:22:11 PM)

Quoted from kayXe:
What was heard on stage is not unlike what might be heard at poker night with Adam & his Y-town friends, so I had to laugh at the "fine/jail time" option as it seems a little over the top. Anyway, if he had a good reputation to begin with this pretty much killed it, so sucks to be him. People need to apply their word vomit filters in public (and also realize that if something "shocking" is happening, someone is filming it for the internet).

You spent one day with my friends like three years ago, and you've never been to a poker game with us. Given that the friends involved of mine and Coca-Cola disliked you and were trying to shock and offend you, I'm thinking you probably took what were saying to mean more than it did.

I'm sure I'm not the first person in the world to have friends who've made a racist joke or comment on the odd occaision behind close doors. I don't, or do infrequently, and if I have it has no meaning behind it. (See, I love Skye LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!) I live with a black guy and am friends with many people that have a minority status so I fail to see a few comments my friends made to shock you as the same thing at all.

Anyway, on topic I wasn't advocating jail time or a fine, I was just putting it as an option for those that would. My poll response is that he's at fault but doesn't deserve a punishment. I feel his carreer will suffer enough as a result of this. He won't be doing anything with acting anytime soon, or ever again.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 5 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 01:23:13 PM)

Outlawing bigotry only empowers the bigots. I believe the resurgence in anti-semitism in Germany today has happened precisely because it is outlawed. Let the bigots speak and show the world how dumb they really are.

Anyway, for Richards, no apology is going to save what little career he had left. That's so even if he is not a bigot and was just trying to be as mean as possible to the heckler.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 6 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 02:37:07 PM)

I voted for the free speech option, not because he didn't do anything wrong, but because he didn't do anything that should be punishable. In retrospect, the second voting option was the one I should've gone for. That's what I get for reading the poll options too quickly.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 7 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 02:46:53 PM)

Quote:
not because he didn't do anything wrong

What's wrong with what he said?

Is calling someone a "nigger" in your mind any worst than calling them a "nigger" to their face? Of course it is!

In this society, we all have to be hypocrites and condemn people for speaking their minds when in actuallity we have probably thought it to ourselves already. In reallity, the only difference between this man and the people criticizing him is that he isn't afraid to speak his mind while they are only brave enough to speak about his.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 8 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 02:55:21 PM)

Problem is he was at a comedy club and instead of being funny like people were paying him for, he was calling people niggers.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 9 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:00:24 PM)

Quote:
Problem is he was at a comedy club and instead of being funny like people were paying him for, he was calling people niggers.

Hmpf, well, the joke is on them as they certainly did act like a bunch of niggers.

Really, I got it, did you?
uselessinformation

Reply 10 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:04:52 PM)

Quoted from visuXio:
Quote:
not because he didn't do anything wrong

What's wrong with what he said?

Is calling someone a "nigger" in your mind any worst than calling them a "nigger" to their face? Of course it is!

In this society, we all have to be hypocrites and condemn people for speaking their minds when in actuallity we have probably thought it to ourselves already. In reallity, the only difference between this man and the people criticizing him is that he isn't afraid to speak his mind while they are only brave enough to speak about his.

Actually what I think he did that was wrong was the unprofessional way that he responded to his hecklers. Any good comedian should be able to either brush off the heckling, or respond to it in a way that will make the audience laugh. I'm taking issue with him acting unprofessionally, not him being a racist.

That was some great work jumping to conclusions, though.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
D
Administrator

Reply 11 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:06:04 PM)

Yeah, but it wasn't even funny at all. If you laughed you were either forcing it, or you have quite the lame sense of humor.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 12 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:11:27 PM)

Quote:
Actually what I think he did that was wrong was the unprofessional way that he responded to his hecklers. Any good comedian should be able to either brush off the heckling, or respond to it in a way that will make the audience laugh. I'm taking issue with him acting unprofessionally, not him being a racist.

So, the fact that his audience was acting like a bunch of petty, little and raving kids who don't seem to understand the idea of maturity, AKA niggers, doesn't have anything to do with him popping that off in futility?

If people don't want to be stereotyped as something, they have to go the extra length not to fit into the same stereotype.
uselessinformation

Reply 13 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:16:32 PM)

Of course the actions of his audience had something to do with how he reacted. That doesn't make his reaction any less professional.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 14 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:19:50 PM)

But wait, you don't deny that the audience acted exactly in the way he said they did; like a bunch of niggers?
D
Administrator

Reply 15 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:21:06 PM)

Quoted from visuXio:
So, the fact that his audience was acting like a bunch of petty, little and raving kids who don't seem to understand the idea of maturity, AKA niggers, doesn't have anything to do with him popping that off in futility?

It has everything to do with it. But part of a stand-up comedians job is to be able to deal with them. Comedians get heckled all the time (and they're not always niggers, fyi), its part of their job to be able to deal with these little raving immature people.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 16 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:22:29 PM)

wow you think there was nothing else to report in the news.
White guy gets heckled, frustrated and calls a bunch of blacks, niggers. You think this was something new that happened.
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:23:22 PM)

Yeah but this time the white guy is Cosmo Kramer. That makes it exciting.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 18 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:25:21 PM)

Quoted from DiXi:
Yeah but this time the white guy is Cosmo Kramer. That makes it exciting.

I sense a sitcom! Lets bring back Seinfeld.
uselessinformation

Reply 19 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:25:34 PM)

I don't deny "that his audience was acting like a bunch of petty, little and raving kids who don't seem to understand the idea of maturity."

I would not agree that this is an accepted definition of the word nigger, or that these characteristics have anything to do with a person's skin colour.
- Dr. Johnson

MikeRomard.com
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 20 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 03:38:57 PM)

A nigger is a colored person who is prone to making poor judgements and otherwise stereotypically "uneducated" choices.

This fits because they were getting offended and acting like little kids when they should have acted like reasonable adults and defied the stereotypical "ig'nent" black person. Instead of throwing a fit, they played to his game and, like a sailor to his Siren, they played the part of the socially backwards nigger.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 21 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 04:37:21 PM)

White comedian says "nigger" on stage. News at 11.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 04:38:04 PM)

This conversation tires.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
This reply was last edited on 12-01-08 01:35:42 PM by Socrateius.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 05:34:26 PM)

I agree, this is boring. His response was a little childish, but I've never found him funny to begin with.

Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Though, I think it's interesting, if a black guy started yelling "cracker" at the top of his lungs, and talking about how oppressive some heckler was, he wouldn't be pegged so much as a racist as much as a moron for being childish and throwing a tantrum. I think that's where this falls. Not so much what he said but how he said it.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 24 of 114 (Originally posted on: 11-22-06 05:45:25 PM)

As far as I am aware there are only a few White comedians that are allowed to even say the "N" word (I'm not allowed to say it) without fear of reprimand.

Those comedians are George Carlin, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal & Dom Delouise.

Any others should be and most likely will be branded a racist and gang raped by the press and law. Not to mention the peeps...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 11341 | Total Posts: 114 ]