Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > The Evolution OR INTELLIGENT DESIGN of INTL! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 7789 | Total Posts: 90 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-14-06 03:07:48 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

When did you first arrive at INTL?

How has it changed since when you arrived?

What forummers have stayed as consistent posters and have stuck out in your mind as valuable during your stay?

What was your first impression of INTL and what was INTL's first impression of you. How have either of these changed?

Who is your least favorite forummer of all time?

Who is your favorite forummer of all time?

___

And now I'm going to do a rare event, in that I'll actually reply to my own topic right off the bat.
___
Quote:

December of 2002

Quote:

Friendlier to newbies. Less elitist. Less drama.

Quote:
What forummers have stayed as consistent posters and have stuck out in your mind as valuable during your stay?

Flaming Arrow was a cornerstone in the site until the whole "do not pass go, do not collect 200$" incident. Over the entire duration, Sandamnit has always been around and posting that I've noticed. Zippo and Vervet have always been here it seems. A few others I'm too lazy to think of or type.

Quote:
What was your first impression of INTL and what was INTL's first impression of you. How have either of these changed?

My first impression of INTL was somewhat positive. It seemed like an interesting place full of interesting people. The initial impression INTL got of me was slightly negative, turning into heavily negative over the next few months/years. My impression of INTL has not changed, though I look at it more as a time waster and am not around as much unless I'm bored, rather than seeking it out all the time and posting/lurking compulsively.
INTL's opinion of me (I'd like to beleive) had improved a bit over the past year or so of me not attention whoring and making pointless OMG BAN ME posts. I've attempted to demonstrate at least a little bit of maturity and common sense while attempting to become more of a background forummer and judging from the reactions I get lately I can safely assume it's worked a little bit at least. I am still aware that I am annoying sometimes, but at least I've phased out the intentional times.

Quote:

Magus. I hated that guy. I'd say awkward jimmy is up there but it's more of a love/hate relationship because I enjoy arguing with him.

Quote:

I'd say Zippo. Initially it was maybe because she was hot but I don't really find it's about physical appearance, really. (Especially since I don't care as she's an internet person and I'm dating a real life person, atm, combined with the fact we never talk one on one anyway). I find I value her open-ness and bluntness. I enjoy her ability to say what's on her mind without offending or stepping on toes, while still getting her points across. It's a good skill on a messageboard to have that balance, and most people do not have it.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 03:12:50 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
Friendlier to newbies. Less elitist. Less drama.

Yeah doesn't it suck?

Those were the things i liked about it.

Favourite forumers...
First it was FA, then NNY, i talked to both on AIM constantly for years.
And i'm as fond of zippo as the next guy. (maybe more)
Sukkit deserves a mention.
DRAHNIER
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 03:33:12 PM)

Evolution is false and defies the will of God.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 3 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 03:38:30 PM)

Fine, we're caving in to the religious lobby.
DRAHNIER
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iĺve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 4 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 03:48:13 PM)

INTL was created by the almight S*nd*mnit who was spiteful and vengeful. But a Titan named IF* managed to wrestle the thrown away from him. Also Im like the INTL Jesus, trying to teach you faggots to love.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 5 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 04:11:06 PM)

March of 2002

Less posting. Not as hostile. Most of the forums other than ID have changed with many coming and going.

Sandamnit, drah, Sunny, wheezy, dimi, ice, and Brad are the ones I remember being here when I registered that still post.

INTL's impression of me and vice-versa kinda was just whatever impressions carried over out of the forums from which INTL evolved (HG, etc) where pretty much everyone that was here towards the beginning had posted at.

Who is your least favorite forummer of all time? Who is your favorite forummer of all time?
I don't really have extremely strong feelings in either direction for anyone.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 6 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 04:15:57 PM)

December 2001. It was with the first round of IGOD forumers, back when INTL was YYW.

many of the forumers I liked have gone

Drah. I would have said NNY, GI and that whole crew, but drah's the one who has remained most consistent/valuable

My first impression of INTL was of a new forum that was made up of people I had known for a while before. I was also impressed by the forum software itself. The first impressions others got of me was a serious and verbose debater. INTL has changed as the people who I knew before have mostly left, and INTL has its own culture now (not basing itself on IGOD, HG, SA or what used to be). Others' impressions of me have changed negatively, although I am no longer unique in my verbosity... usually. Some say that's a good thing, others disagree. I'm more easy going now.

other than a few one-hit-wonders? Mojo and Vervet. Mojo because she pissed me off one to many times, especially with regards to moderation. She was no more than an attention whore who loved to be the mother of the forum, and I did not enjoy her condemnation. Vervet for various reasons, not least because her personality and persona is retarded if not revolting.

If not a woman? antpocas because he is a twat, but he knows that... so I don't blame him.

Spurlin. I liked having good and lengthy arguments with him, and much more just talking about various shit, alcohol, philosophy, beliefs. For the short time he stayed around, he was someone worth knowing.

Other than that? For various reasons Sukkit, Soccy, Scarlet, ety, Snook, emtilt, drah, FA, GI, Nova, jimmy, Hoff, Angus, Matt, Sandy, swiss, useless, boutitben, widukind, NNY, Smokey, bon (at one point), Zippo, Ztolk, mmac, woadie, Stormy, skye and Tyr... and a growing like for Rich, Alloy and Cunter. others too, including those I see on IRC, but I'm not good with remembering names.
This reply was last edited on 11-14-06 08:00:09 PM by Sunn O))).
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 7 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 05:28:07 PM)

To get to the root of it...we're getting older.

Really just most of the people who can say they've been here since 2003 or 2002. There's a layer of posters that pretty much make INTL to me - like Jeff, Mingan, Katii, IF0 (more because he asserted himself so well when he first came) Vervet, Zippo, Drah etc. And then there's a list of names of people that are either a second wave or...you know...worthless.

For the first day or two I was the idiot from the spank mag group...that's right I met Adam amd Skye before I met you guys - But I was banned after a single week of posting for joking about rape and skye pointed INTL out.

Snowy. HA! I don't know. Contrary to popular belief, I never hated Mojo. She was cool. I was cooler though.

Probably Drahnier but I try not to play favorites.

It's Drahnier.

____

When did Sunny start hating Amelia?
Sex
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 8 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 05:42:01 PM)

Probably when she noticed Sandamnit's interest turning to Vervet.

23-02-05 09:22:16 PM

Asskissing newbies instead of trying to drive them away.

Baggy_Brad, Zippo, Drahnier, Sunny, Skye, Surt

First impression of INTL was that it was a hard and mean forum that was hard to make somewhere you were welcome and it would constantly bite my head off for being too nice and fluffy and that it was run by a quasi-lesbian circle of women who had several influental men at their beckon-call due to sexual shenannigans that went on off-stage. I treated it like a bolt hole while I was desperately sick and upset at many things IRL that I wanted to distract myself from and it showed. I have always figured the majority here didnt like me and that hasnt changed.

Now INTL sees me as hard and mean, and the kind of person who will bite your head off rather than have a polite chat and im glad about that. The few I still talk to in private perhaps know the truth, which is never simple but also never as awful as most of you presume.

I'd say Kayte. I could have given up my emnity but for her whining to admins and seemingly perpetual need to gossip and ew, look at my teats. Of the guys I like Ice the least.

I honestly dont have one, I have a few. STFU, Artzilla, Zippo, Baggy_Brad and Surt. Recently Lizardbreath because she's always quietly encouraging and doesnt seem put off by my *vader wheeze* dark side. I think emtilt is a classy guy, flies under the radar a lot of the time. Soccy is funny but he's also a big grouchy cumbubble.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges

This reply was last edited on 11-14-06 06:05:46 PM by Snowy.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 9 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 05:58:23 PM)

September or October of 2002. I came and went alot over the past 4 years, with 3 different accounts and various hiatuses.

It's (slightly) more accepting of new forumers, and somewhat less elitist.

Too many to list. I know if I try to put down a list, I'll inevitably end up forgetting someone crucial.

I thought the people were mean. That was because I was a dumbass, so it's all good. I'm not so sure this has changed much. Maybe some people like me more?

I honestly don't have one. There is no one I truly don't like. Hell, even Vissario I respect if only for his arguing skills.

I don't have one person that stands out, but my top few (in no particular order) are Alloy/Sul, Zippo, Byc, Drah, and Sunny.
۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 10 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:09:29 PM)

March of 2002 I believe. About a year after I joined HG.

Well it started out basically as RS, but that changed fairly quickly, and then it got seriouser and seriouser as the general populace got older. Also, with the semi-frequent closing down and reopening, and the ostracism of newbies, the same people have stayed and gotten tighter.

Flaming Arrow, Baggy Brad, and Dani come to mind. Nova and If0 too. And all you others who will call me a fag for not mentioning you.

First impression: Cool! A forum!
Basically it was cool to have all the people who had left OD posting in one place, along with all the non faggots from OD. This was before others joined.
First impression of me was "Oh yeah I think I've seen that guy post before." Then in 03-04 I became the forum's perpetual Jew joke. I also became fairly popular when I made flash movies for people. There has also been the running joke that I'm some sort of giant.
The impression of me has changed because I rarely post here anymore. Now I'm that guy who doesn't post much.

Emp. He mocks meMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I'm gonna go with a safe one and say Brad
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 11 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:12:40 PM)

December 2002

It is slower now, and maybe a bit more grown up at times. It's like many people won't post unless they have something to say, which I guess most people would say it's a good thing.

Surt, Zippo, Skye, Mingan, NNY, Sunny, drah, Stormraider, Smokey, Soccy, Dimi, Shady, Baggy_Brad.

When I started posting many HGers were still around so I didn't think this place was too alien to me, just a lot meaner and harsher, something that made it more fun in general.

Hmm, Salamando?

Several. Surt, Zippo, Skye, drah, Stormraider.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 12 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:31:45 PM)

November 2002. I actually had to check my profile to learn my reg date.

As others have observed, it has gotten more lax in its moderation and treatment of newbies. Also back then no one really understood the concept of RS (myself included), and it was a forum very much like ID. The Arena. :wah:

Gosh, I am usually bad at answering these types of questions. There have been a lot of consistent posters, but the most valuable in terms of forummers would have to be Dani/peach and Adam. They always created threads that had a wide appeal and encouraged posting and participation. Also Sandamnit and FA are pretty much INTL personified since it's their baby.

My first impression of INTL was that it was a much bigger forum than it actually was (hence registering with Zippo279 instead of Zippo). However now that I am familiar with all of you, the forum seems much smaller even though (I believe) there is currently a larger active member base.

INTL's first impression of me? People probably thought I was a friendly but chaste young lady. Little did you know...

Probably Salamando. In the time that I have been a member here, I don't recall him posting anything of actual content.

I am bad at these questions, too. So I'll just post the names of people that I like in no particular order: Baggy Brad, Drahnier, Kita, Sukkit, IF0, Surt, Smokey, Snowy, Amphy, Skye, Kayte, Vervet, Snook, Trof, STFU, Science Brad, TPC, Agon, Mr Pixies, Dramamine, PopRocks, Jimmy, FA. This list is in no way exclusive, and chances are that if I've talked to you or had any interaction with you at all, I like you a lot. i'm a serial-killer :)
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
<Snook> penis makes me hungrier than you could ever know LOL IM SUCH A FAG!![/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey

This reply was last edited on 11-14-06 08:06:21 PM by Zippo.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 13 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:34:41 PM)

honestly, I dont't even actually exist outside of the INTL.
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 14 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:40:24 PM)

Stop listing people you like as favorite forummer and pick one you pussies.

And if it's not me, you suck.
Sex
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 15 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:41:33 PM)

Look, it's hard, ok?

that's what she said
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
<Snook> penis makes me hungrier than you could ever know LOL IM SUCH A FAG!![/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 16 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:47:30 PM)

This is no 2003 INTL when hurting people was all the rage. I'm not making any choices.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 17 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:51:31 PM)

Ice is also very cool (on the internet).

It is a double entendre.
Sex
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 18 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:53:45 PM)

Quote:
When did Sunny start hating Amelia?

Quote:
Probably when she noticed Sandamnit's interest turning to Vervet.

big grin

I did and do not hate Amelia. I think had I known her outside of INTL, I'd probably agree with many of the forumers in saying that Amelia is alright, if not an engaging psyche. The persona she conveyed here, even at SPSW, I did not like. I don't know the spark, but it surely wasn't Sandamnit; although I did blame her for changes in Sandamnit's personality at various times, it's clear that it was not her, but more the military.

When I replied to who is my least favorite, it doesn't mean a person whom I constantly disagreed with. As much as I have disagreed with Snowy, Kayte, and others, I find it a good fight. I have disagreed and agreed with Mojo and Vervet, but both of them seemed sour, stoic, condescending, brutal, and all too sure of themselves beyond their friendly guises and abundant influences. Hypocritically, I know I may be saying this, but yes, I did see Vervet as a threat when there may have not been one. Same with Mojo. They conveyed a threatening nature through their personalities. Due to all this, I'd gained a distrust and displeasure with their presence... perhaps even disgust.

In short, womanly wiles.

Quote:
The Arena.

Ah yes. Never ventured in there much, but probably would've had it stuck around.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 19 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:57:37 PM)

I dont have a favorite, everyone overlaps and their strength is someone else's weakness...and vice verca. I cant say there is anyone I absolutely LOVE to read, the place is kinda dull really. Brad is a quality poster, he's very good at the withering putdowns. STFU is my best friend on here but he's a troll, who rarely lets his gem of a mind post anything other than sarcasm. Zippo is too nice, even tho she's soooo nasty.

I'd say Surt is my favorite, Brad has my respect even tho he's a cockface and Zippo is the best girl just because the rest of us are such scabby fighting bitches and she manages to be both an eatur of poo and friend to most despite our flaws.

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 20 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:57:58 PM)

Quoted from Xunny:
I did blame her for changes in Sandamnit's personality at various times, it's clear that it was not her, but more the military.

No, it was her.

Quoted from Xunny:
In short, I'm a bitch! i'm a serial-killer :)

Sex
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 21 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 07:01:05 PM)

Quoted from SmoXey:
Quoted from Xunny:
I did blame her for changes in Sandamnit's personality at various times, it's clear that it was not her, but more the military.

No, it was her.

How so?

Quote:
Quoted from Xunny:
In short, I'm a bitch! i'm a serial-killer :)

same thing.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 22 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 07:03:37 PM)

Quoted from Xunny:
Said some stuff I read out of curiousity

I felt pretty much the same way about Vervet..and when she started trying to use those womanly wiles on ME...I was utterly turned off and she started to notice. I'm not the most subtle of creatures.

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 23 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 07:04:04 PM)

Quoted from Xunny:
Quoted from SmoXey:
Quoted from Xunny:

No, it was her.

How so?

Women do that. The Army may have matured Jeff a bit, but that doesn't constitute a change in personality - any change in male personality, for better or worse, can usually be traced back to a woman.
Sex
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 90 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 07:23:34 PM)

Quoted from SmoXey:

Women do that. The Army may have matured Jeff a bit, but that doesn't constitute a change in personality - any change in male personality, for better or worse, can usually be traced back to a woman.

So what you're saying is that men are emo pussies.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7789 | Total Posts: 90 ]