Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > TV Shows You're Currently Watching > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3292 | Total Posts: 39 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 11-11-06 06:45:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've never been much of a person to really watch much television, aside from stuff like The Simpsons and Family Guy and the occasional anime. That all changed when I went to Iraq. There wasn't much freetime to have, but when there was freetime, there wasn't shit to do, but sit around, watch movies, play videogames, and borrow DVDs from people and watch entire seasons of shows in a couple days time. Anyway, I've been back from Iraq for nearly ten months and I'm still watching most shows I got hooked on in Iraq and even a few new shows.

So I was just curious as to what TV shows everyone around here is currently watching or following. You don't necessarily have to plop down on the couch every single week that it's on, but if it's one of the shows that you enjoy, list it here.

Lost - Been watching it since the third or fourth episode and have watched it weekly ever since then. Even when I was in Iraq, I would download every single episode and share it around base with the other people I knew were addicted to it. The only bad thing about this show is that if you're watching it weekly as new episodes are being aired, you typically have to wait anywhere from 2-4 months before new episodes air. Fucking hate that shit about this show.

The Office - Bought the UK version at Best Buy on a whim one day and then found out about the American version, checked it out and loved it, been watching it weekly since. It's hard to say which version of the show is better, the US or the UK version, but I don't think it really matters. I enjoyed both and with the recent episodes, it's refreshing to see that certain plotlines of the UK version are coming to fruition in the US version as well.

Dexter - After watching all five seasons of Six Feet Under, I found out about this show, which stars David from SFU and couldn't resist. Fantastic show, hard to go wrong with a show about a serial killer. If you get Showtime or have the Internet, check it out sometime, if you watch the first episode, you'll know within about five minutes whether or not you'll like this show.

Battlestar Galactica - Didn't start watching this show until I got home from Iraq, watched the miniseries, then season one, then season two, and now I'm hooked on season three. Absolutely amazing show.

Desperate Housewives - Make fun of me if you will, but after suggesting to my mother a ton of shows like 24, Alias, Six Feet Under, etc, she made me promise that if she suggested a show to me, that I'd take it seriously, as she had my suggestions. The show she suggested was this one. I was skeptical at first, but after watching the first 2-3 episodes of the first season, I was hooked. It's a very corny show that is fairly predictable at time, but it has it's charms and is pretty funny at times.

Heroes - Just started watching this one after having it suggested to me by a friend. I was pretty skeptical at first, I kinda imagined it as a hokey superhero show; however, I was pleased to find out that while some of the characters have superhero abilities, they are far from superheroes and are more vulnerable than your typical comic book superhero. Definitely worth checking out, even if it doesn't sound like your type of show.

House - While some people may say that each episode is cut from the same mold as all the other episodes, I don't care, I still enjoy this show. This is seriously one of the more intelligent, funny shows out there. House is such an amusing and eccentric character, it's hard for me to not be fascinated by this show.

24 - This show has gotten so farfetched in the last five seasons, yet still draws me in season after season, episode after episode. I absolutely love this show and look forward to each season with great fervor. It's just a fun, interesting show that is just so incredibly insane in execution that it has to be good. I mean, Jack will be at the CTU headquarters and will need to get to the other side of Los Angeles in ten minutes before a bomb explodes at 5:15pm, there will be a commercial break and when we come back, the timer shows 5:19pm and he's already there, gun in hand, stealthily working his way into the building. I love it.

Anyway, what shows are you all watching?
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 08:04:48 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I watch Lost, The Office (US), Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (the Aaron Sorkin show, not the crappy Tina Fey one), America's Next Top Model :wah:, Boston Legal, My Name is Earl, and sometimes Men in Trees and Desperate Housewives because my sister watches them and she likes to talk about them.

Can't wait for Scrubs and King of the Hill to start up again.

I also like to watch Just Shoot Me on syndication when I am up late studying.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 08:14:11 PM)

other than the typical cartoon, discovery channel historical showcase, antiques roadshow, or b-grade movie? I watch only three shows: NCIS, Veronica Mars and Grey's Anatomy.

NCIS because I like the characters. Veronica Mars because I'm hoping it will be a good season. Grey's Anatomy because it's quite frankly addictive. It's almost a soap opera.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 08:16:51 PM)

I've been doing less and less television watching, but I have wanted to watch Heroes and never been able to, just because I love superhero comic books and stuff.

As for shows I do watch when I can:
Frasier - sure it's all reruns now, but the nine seasons are of very competent writing and acting, and despite the laugh track that I find annoying in any show it's used in, I think the show is just plain good. It's funny, over-the-top and it has its touching moments. The regular cast is consistently funny and the characters don't get old to me. They've all got dimensions to them that often lack in other series.

Batman - it's a classic. Adam West and Burt Ward team up for a show that is probably funnier than most contemporary comedies. The script is hilarious, and frequently satirizes political situations along with continually having fun with the absurdity of all the characters. Cesar Romero as the Joker is delightful every time, add in Frank Gorshin's Riddler and Burgess Meredith as the Penguin and the show was set. The special guest villains were almost always exceptionally talented actors. Toward the end of the series, things become a little weak, and I think the show was stronger when Batgirl wasn't involved, but it's still good. I wish they'd release this series on DVD. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was $70 or less.

Robot Chicken - this isn't so much a show I'm a fan of. It's just an easy stop-motion 15 minute "sketch" show to watch full of 80s/90s nostalgia (surprise, it's by Seth Green) before I go to work night shifts. It has a few funny moments, but it shines more on the little jokes that don't go into retarded immature humour - for example, one clip shows a child and her mother walking along and the kid steps on a sidewalk crack, immediately, the mother's back snaps and she screams and falls over. I love stuff like that.

Arthur - if you get home on a weekday at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning wanting to eat something before you go to bed, and you only read comics and horoscopes in the newspapers, as I do, chances are, the TV is on because nobody else is awake in the house yet. Arthur is Mark Browne's aardvark character from various children's books, and the show, despite being targeted toward kids, has its funny moments. It's kind of boring sometimes, but usually I've been awake for 15-17 hours at that point, so it doesn't matter because I just want to finish my cereal and go to bed.

On average, I watch one to three hours of TV a week, and usually it's less than two. So I just watch some Frasier or Batman and then read books or go outside or something stupid like that.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 4 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 08:28:50 PM)

I only care for two shows: Twin Peaks and Carnivale.
Tiger (obviously)
I'M ON IRC, TALK TO ME, I'M DEPRESSIVE
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 08:41:32 PM)

Battlestar Galactica - I love this show. Every episode this season has been pretty awesome.

Lost - What? I don't live under a rock.

How I Met Your Mother - Comedy about 30somethings in New York. Big Names include Bob Saget (Narration only), Doogie Howser, and Alyson Hannigan.

Weeds - It's becoming a little unwatchable, but the idea of a suburban mom dealing pot was a pretty funny one for a while.

Jericho - Set in Kansas after a massive nuclear attack a la The Morning After. It's alright, though the slow plot development does annoy me sometimes.

House - The guy's an ass. That's what makes it funny.

Scrubs - Not back on until January, but a good medical comedy with Zach Braff.

That's most everything I can think of that I watch. Good stuff, even though I am getting a little tired of TV shows.
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 6 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-11-06 11:51:31 PM)

Battlestar Galactica - This is hands down the best show (well, drama...comedies are sorta different) on television right now, and possibly ever. If you disagree, you are wrong. I've watched every episode since the miniseries debut.

Dr. Who - This show is terrible, but I watch it because it comes on before Battlestar.

Lost - Despite increasing frustration with this show, I crave answers and closure and continue watching it. Plus everyone is doing it and I wanna be cool.

Scrubs - Never watched this show until recently, when I promptly became addicted to reruns. I now watch reruns all the time and eagerly await new episodes at the end of this month.

ER - It's kinda formulaic and unrealistic, but it's more competently shot and directed than most shows so I watch it.

Daily Show and Colbert Report - Obviously not the kind of shows that this thread is predominantly about, but I watch them pretty religiously.

I also watch Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis obsessively, but they are not in season right now. I also frequently watch reruns of Futurama and Seinfeld during times of boredom, as well as stuff on all the various educational and documentary channels.

EDIT: I forgot South Park. I watch that.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
This reply was last edited on 11-15-06 05:47:16 PM by emtilt.
cunterhoXen
damn, i am good
mass pms are gay and annoying, faggot

As witty as... well, he's not witty. But atleast he's annoying, the strange fetish for \

Ballkicks: (+23 / -18)
Reg. Date: Sep 2006
Reply 7 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-12-06 11:17:57 AM)

lost - good story, hot wimmenz

adult swim - good for chillaxing

emeril - i like to eat good

fresh prince - the reruns are fly

law and order, csi - crime doesn't pay
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 8 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-12-06 11:19:18 AM)

House is the only TV related thing I watch right now... I love it.

TV is my anathema.
۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-13-06 01:30:34 PM)

Lost - I've been watching since it premiered and though I'm getting kind of bored/annoyed with the constant toying with the audience, I stick it out in hopes of improvement or answers. Yet, deep in my heart I realize that JJ Abram's genius is pretty much of the one, perhaps two season variety, and now that Lost is midway through it's third season I have a feeling it's just going to go the way of Alias.

Veronica Mars - It's also into its third season and not quite as magical as the first two seasons were, but nonetheless this is my favourite show because it is smart and funny and intriguing and all of my favourite shows have had sassy or ass-kicking female characters, and Veronica is pretty much my hero.

Quote:

Daily Show and Colbert Report - Obviously not the kind of shows that this thread is predominantly about, but I watch them pretty religiously.

Ditto. Laughter is the best way to end each day.

Those are the only shows that I watch religiously each week, but I also catch a lot of Criminal Minds, CSI, and Justice. I also keep meaning to pick up Heroes, but haven't really had the time yet.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 10 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-13-06 05:59:11 PM)

Pretty much anything on FOX (I have no life during the week because work takes up so much time).

House, Prison Break, Stand Off, Justice (love the cinematography and pace), Bones, The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, Bernie Mack, Family Guy, American Dad, War At Home, etc.

I know over half aren't any good I just can't afford to buy movies on a daily basis (I already buy about one a week 0_o) and in the true form of a couch potato will not leave my tele for anything...except drive-thru. I need help MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
You try and mess with mozart your going to get a bullet in your head from butch cassidy.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 11 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-13-06 06:29:00 PM)

Dead Like Me reruns on Sci-Fi. I really wish they hadn't cancelled it.
America's Next Top Model because it's fucking awesome.
Grey's Anatomy when I can, mostly because I like George but I'm getting really sick of the same storyline over and over again.
Top Chef I really like the ideas for cooking the cooks have. It makes me think that I can cook too!
Jeopardy for the same reason as America's Next Top Model.
Everybody Hates Chris is one of the best shows on television that no one knows about.
And finally, Law and Order: CI because I really like Bobby and I don't care what y'all say!
Zippo: maybe you can draw your vagina as a stage and show him where to put his props
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 12 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-13-06 06:54:30 PM)

Nip/Tuck

GITS: Stand Alone Complex

BSG

Charmed (fuck off)
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge won’t last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 13 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-13-06 10:35:42 PM)

Quoted from kayXe:

Quote:

Ditto. Laughter is the best way to end each day.

Yep. Watching those every night really make every day end on a higher note. It's a relaxing practice.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 14 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-15-06 03:15:04 AM)

The OC - Oh come on people, don't pretend like you dont love it too.
It's terribly addictive and i'm invested.

Justice - My girlfriend made me start watching it, and its pretty good. They start you off with telling you a bit about the crime and showing you the suspects, watch as the group of lawyers try and piece a case together, watch the trial and the verdict. Then at the very end, they show you what REALLY happened. Its neat.

Other Things - Those are really the only two things I watch every week. Other things I like to catch are Seinfeld, Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, Law and Order: SVU (I dont like that I like watching it, but I can't help it...), King of the Hill, reruns of Married with Children, Malcolm in the Middle, and other stuff too.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 15 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-15-06 12:41:01 PM)

I don't really watch much TV. I'm usually either on the net or (lately) giving my life blood to the drama department.

Shows that I'll stop to watch though, would be Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Everwood MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS, ER, House, Antiques Roadshow, Perry Mason, I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Lawrence Welk Show, Phil of the Future, Whose Line, AFHV, Fresh Prince, Full House, Family Matters, some embarrassing MTV crap, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, and Project Runway.

My favorite show is most likely The Fairly Odd Parents (which I catch whenever I can), and on the rare occasion Mork & Mindy shows up somewhere (it's happened.. once, maybe), I'll watch it before anything else. I bought the first season for my cousin when she lived here, and fell hopelessly in love.

Lately, I prefer shows without a plotline that takes up several episodes. I like shows in which each episode there's .. closure, because otherwise chances are I won't be around for the next fresh episode and I'll get mopey.
I can say "Good Morning." in seven different languages. Which would you prefer I use tomorrow?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 16 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-16-06 01:28:01 AM)

Wow. You are cordially invited to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 17 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-17-06 12:39:12 AM)

Quoted from kayXe:

Don't spoil her.
Sex
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 18 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-17-06 12:39:23 AM)

Quoted from kayXe:

Don't spoil her.
Sex
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 19 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-20-06 09:30:14 PM)

NFL and college football. Lost, South Park, Smallville (not so much anymore as it's getting really old), My Name Is Earl and The Office.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 20 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-21-06 10:27:58 AM)

Quoted from DiXi:
The OC - Oh come on people, don't pretend like you dont love it too.
It's terribly addictive and i'm invested.

No. I can't take this show. At least with a show like "Days Of Our Lives", you get one or two comedy lines a show and the plots are so far-fetched that they often become hilarious before it moves into the next thirteen plot arcs. This show, in the six episodes I have ever watched (which was sometime last school year when my brother and sister watched the show - so no, I never watched a full episode), there was a severe lack of comedy and at no point did I even think of wanting to sympathize with any characters.

Now, there is a lot of strong drama that has characters that are wildly interesting, but you hate them, but you watch because they're so damn interesting (think Edward Norton, kind of). When it comes to this show, they are flat and unentertaining at best. What makes it worse it that they're all filthy rich and the only big problem they can't seem to solve is that they're surrounded by other people who are only slight variants on who they are.

Trapped in the world of pop culture bitches and jerks and selling new bands.

You make me sad, Dimi.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 21 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-21-06 05:03:49 PM)

Don't be sad cause we disagree.

I think theres a good bit of comic relief in the show. And love or hate the characters (and I hate a lot of them), the writers still good job of making you want to know whats gonna happen to them.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-21-06 05:45:15 PM)

Seriusly, that chrismuccah shit is fucking shit, this is the kind of shit that makes me add yet another TV jew to my TV people i hate list
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 23 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-21-06 08:05:16 PM)

Seth is hilarious!
No ifs ands or buts, these kids got guts.

-Mike O'Malley (Global Guts)
feathers

I think I'm an individual but I'm just like every other fucking idiot. ALSO HIPPIE

Ballkicks: (+23 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 24 of 39 (Originally posted on: 11-23-06 01:13:45 AM)

I watch NCAA football more than I watch anything else on television.

I also catch Grey's Anatomy each Thursday night. It's pretty much my only "can't miss" show on right now.

Sunday nights, I'll watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Other than that, I don't pay much attention.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3292 | Total Posts: 39 ]