Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Educate Me On Video Games > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4465 | Total Posts: 39 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 10-23-06 01:26:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Hello -

I have a job interview tomorrow at a video games store.

I've been an avid Nintendo player all my life and know the Nintendo line of consoles and games extremely well.

However, I do not know any of the other systems well at all and as a result am slightly concerned about not looking like an idiot.

Give me the 101 on any other non-Nintendo system you play as well as a few good games.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 02:40:42 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My favorite handheld is the PSP Dual Screen. It has great games like Metal Gear Sonic and Final Destination VII.

As for consoles, I prefer the XBox 2, which is made by Sony. It has really cool games like Resident Halo 2. The PS360 is totally gay and has stupid graphics.
KaosDeath
INTL Premium Member

literally believes that communism works

Ballkicks: (+70 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 2 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 01:50:04 PM)

Video games are like sex.

The more you get of one; the less you have of the other...

Seriously though, I usually just play PC games because of cost. But most games are pretty much the same nowadays anyway. It's just a matter of preference of console/or PC. Portables systems however are way different...can't go wrong with PSP and it's media capabilities.

Edit: Hope your interview goes well!
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 02:07:30 PM)

Quoted from ice:
My favorite handheld is the PSP Dual Screen. It has great games like Metal Gear Sonic and Final Destination VII.

As for consoles, I prefer the XBox 2, which is made by Sony. It has really cool games like Resident Halo 2. The PS360 is totally gay and has stupid graphics.
You're a fucking faggot. Everybody knows that the Xbox 2 is shit, and that Resident Halo 2 is overhyped anyway. Sega's PS360 is easily the best console EVER. Plus, there's no Sonic Thunderstorm or Tails' Shack on the Xbox 2, is there? Not to mention Hobo Pickpocketer, which always comes out first on the PS360, and the upcoming Resistance: Fall of the Covenant and Half-Thief 14, both PS360 exclusives. So, go suck a dick, shiteater.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 4 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 08:13:47 PM)

Quoted from antpocas:
Quoted from ice:

You're a fucking faggot. Everybody knows that the Xbox 2 is shit, and that Resident Halo 2 is overhyped anyway. Sega's PS360 is easily the best console EVER. Plus, there's no Sonic Thunderstorm or Tails' Shack on the Xbox 2, is there? Not to mention Hobo Pickpocketer, which always comes out first on the PS360, and the upcoming Resistance: Fall of the Covenant and Half-Thief 14, both PS360 exclusives. So, go suck a dick, shiteater.

Oh God...
No ifs ands or buts, these kids got guts.

-Mike O'Malley (Global Guts)
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 5 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 08:25:01 PM)

Quoted from antpocas:

Oh, please. I'm sure you've seen the reviews: the PS360's dual-channel DDR core technology was employed in Sega's previous console, the three-year-old PS Master System! (and we all know how well that went :rolleyesi'm a serial-killer :) Face it, your Sega fanboyism makes about as much sense as Harvest Bandicoot: Quest for the Four Season's ending did! The XBox 2 is categorically a superior machine, and it outclasses the PS360 in power, worksmanship, and quality of games (and gamers, apparently). Let me know when you're living in 2006, dickhead.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 6 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-23-06 10:04:22 PM)

To bounce off of what Kaos said...

Video games are like sex but without the orgasm to tell you when to stop.

My Blog
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 7 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-24-06 03:50:29 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Quoted from antpocas:

Oh, please. I'm sure you've seen the reviews: the PS360's dual-channel DDR core technology was employed in Sega's previous console, the three-year-old PS Master System! (and we all know how well that went :rolleyesi'm a serial-killer :) Face it, your Sega fanboyism makes about as much sense as Harvest Bandicoot: Quest for the Four Season's ending did! The XBox 2 is categorically a superior machine, and it outclasses the PS360 in power, worksmanship, and quality of games (and gamers, apparently). Let me know when you're living in 2006, dickhead.

Bahahaaaha, what the FUCK are you talking about? Are you somehow forgetting about the Xbox 2's graphics' processor? The one that's based on an improved (barely, from what I can tell from Xcox 2 screenshots...) version of the one in the PSMS? And what about the amazing quad RAM distribution system the Xcox2 employs? Clearly, all the devs saying that they have to go through immense loops to allocate more memory to a specific processor are completely wrong and somehow incompetent. Yeah, that has to be it. Face it you little faggot dumbshit, you know my system outclasses yours entirely and are trying to defend your retarded choice with arguments crafted from pure stupidity.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 8 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-24-06 03:57:37 PM)

Quoted from antpocas:
Bahahaaaha, what the FUCK are you talking about? Are you somehow forgetting about the Xbox 2's graphics' processor? The one that's based on an improved (barely, from what I can tell from Xcox 2 screenshots...) version of the one in the PSMS? And what about the amazing quad RAM distribution system the Xcox2 employs? Clearly, all the devs saying that they have to go through immense loops to allocate more memory to a specific processor are completely wrong and somehow incompetent. Yeah, that has to be it. Face it you little faggot dumbshit, you know my system outclasses yours entirely and are trying to defend your retarded choice with arguments crafted from pure stupidity.

Oh, real mature, jackass. Honestly, I have to give it to Sega, I never would have thought that they would have the financial wherewithal to make another system after that joke they released three years ago. I mean, did anyone even play that? Every time I go to Best Buy I see hundreds of them just sitting on the shelves, with progressively lower prices. I guess you're right in saying that this new one is an improvement, because it really can't get any worse than the PSMS. Go suck a cock.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 9 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-24-06 04:17:52 PM)

Quoted from ice:

Oh, real mature, jackass. Honestly, I have to give it to Sega, I never would have thought that they would have the financial wherewithal to make another system after that joke they released three years ago. I mean, did anyone even play that? Every time I go to Best Buy I see hundreds of them just sitting on the shelves, with progressively lower prices. I guess you're right in saying that this new one is an improvement, because it really can't get any worse than the PSMS. Go suck a cock.

So after I shattered your arguments, you're not able to find one flaw on the PS360, you bring up the past. Real smart. Besides, the only reason you see all of those PSMSs on those shelves is because the PS360 does everything they do. People just don't need their PSMS anymore, and anybody with a brain has or had one anyway, and obviously wants the PS360, so they sell theirs to be able to buy more games for the PS360. Get it in your head, the PSMS was a massive financial success for Sega. Speaking of buying, it sure was smart of Sony to price the Xcox2 at 550$. They sure are flying off the shelves huh? With that kind of money, you can get the PS360 AND 4 games + 1 controller. Faggot.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 10 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-25-06 07:54:23 AM)

Nova i'm afraid I'm going to have to ban you for inciting a flame war.
bradism.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 11 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-25-06 02:00:44 PM)

Quoted from ice:

Oh, real mature, jackass. Honestly, I have to give it to Sega, I never would have thought that they would have the financial wherewithal to make another system after that joke they released three years ago. I mean, did anyone even play that?

It was only the single most worthwhile experience I have ever had!
Sex
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 12 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-25-06 06:47:20 PM)

Teach yourself to speak intelligently about Silent Hill, and people will assume you know what you are talking about with any video game.
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge won’t last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.
AO
more like B.O lol

Ballkicks: (+6 / -0)
Reg. Date: Oct 2006
Reply 13 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-26-06 11:06:46 PM)

Quoted from Adam:
Hello -

I have a job interview tomorrow at a video games store.

I've been an avid Nintendo player all my life and know the Nintendo line of consoles and games extremely well.

However, I do not know any of the other systems well at all and as a result am slightly concerned about not looking like an idiot.

Give me the 101 on any other non-Nintendo system you play as well as a few good games.

I'm not sure whether to take this post seriously after reading the rest of the read.
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 14 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-27-06 02:43:45 PM)

The lowdown: my ass contains more accurate information in just one little crater than this entire thread.

The internet isn't a messed up place, the internet is living proof that the world is a messed up place.

Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 15 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-27-06 08:14:27 PM)

TAKING THREAD SERIOUSLY!!

XBox 360 is the newest machine on the market. It overheats like a motherfucker. You will probably have to deal with returns everyday.

Playstation 3 is coming on the market next month-ish, and is going to compete with the 360. It's more expensive, but a little fancier.

And it might just work more than a few days without crashing during NHL '07 or whatever the fuck you Canada folk play up there. We can all hope.
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 16 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-27-06 09:05:56 PM)

Is anyone else wanting a sex simulator for the wii as bad as I am?

That...would be awesome.
You try and mess with mozart your going to get a bullet in your head from butch cassidy.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 17 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-28-06 03:37:13 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:
Is anyone else wanting a sex simulator for the wii as bad as I am?

That...would be awesome.

Since Nintendo seems to prey on preteens these days, I don't know how that'd work.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 18 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-28-06 10:03:41 AM)

Every single ad I've seen for the wii has older people in it OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!?

And also on a completely different note if you want to be annoying like everyone else compare every open ended game to GTA. It seems to be the thing to do.
You try and mess with mozart your going to get a bullet in your head from butch cassidy.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-28-06 05:32:50 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Teach yourself to speak intelligently about Silent Hill, and people will assume you know what you are talking about with any video game.

That's true, but they also think you take games too seriously. Too many people are still unaware of the actual value of a lot of newer game story-lines. Metal Gear Solid for instance...I have a friend that wouldn't finish the first game because if he wanted a movie he'd buy a movie.

I don't understand this. You've got a game that is just as good as a movie, an anime in this case, but it's longer and interactive. I mean...that's better than a movie right?

Right?

You have to know what you're getting into with games like that...know that you'll be spending just as much time, if not more, watching as you are playing.
Sex
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 20 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-29-06 01:37:34 AM)

Last I checked Metroid Prime wasn't cutesy UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1

I think the worst anyone could do is say one system is better then another. They all have their strengths and appeals. Just know Nintendo IS cutesy, XBox 360 IS the closest PC/console comparable system and PS3 has Final Fantasy (and Metal Gear Solid...ok and Kingdom Hearts...and God of War...etc).

I still can't wait to use the Wii controller as a lightsaber. I told you guys they'd do it.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 21 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-29-06 01:39:36 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:
Every single ad I've seen for the wii has older people in it OMG why is Dad kissing that guy?!?

And also on a completely different note if you want to be annoying like everyone else compare every open ended game to GTA. It seems to be the thing to do.

Nintendo caters to younger people. That's not being annoying, that's what they say. Or people older than 16 that like cutesy games.

I don't play open-ended games much. I stick to RPG's and sports titles, and I think 3D animation has ruined RPG's for consoles.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 22 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-29-06 04:39:16 AM)

Quoted from IF0:
Quoted from Aaron:

Nintendo caters to younger people. That's not being annoying, that's what they say. Or people older than 16 that like cutesy games.

I'm seeing Nintendo beginning to cater to the crowd of older teenagers and those in their early 20s who were once their prime fanbase during the late 80's/early 90's; The reintroduction of games from that era (and the style of gameplay), in addition to more complicated games in comparison to the Gamecube and the DS.

As that fanbase has either moved on, or is using other console systems (primarily the Xbox) it seems logical for Nintendo to attempt to persuade them back with the Wii. I know I will be.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-29-06 11:34:18 AM)

#1. I never said any system was better than another, Aaron. Personally, I hate X-Box and think the Wii is childish, while supporting Sony game franchises.

#2. Maybe Nintendo's finally going to try and get back the older crowd, but until it happens, they haven't done it yet.
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 24 of 39 (Originally posted on: 10-29-06 01:27:12 PM)

How can you hate Oblivion MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4465 | Total Posts: 39 ]