Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, Baby Dangler -- DEAD [exotically] > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 10268 | Total Posts: 121 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
(Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:49:07 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'

SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) -- Steve Irwin, the Australian TV presenter known as the "Crocodile Hunter," has died after being stung in a marine accident off Australia's north coast.

Australian media reports say Irwin was diving in waters off Port Douglas, north of Cairns, when the incident happened on Monday morning.

Irwin was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest, according to Cairns police sources. Irwin was filming an underwater documentary at the time.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality Monday morning off Port Douglas, according to Australian media.

Queensland Police Services also confirmed Irwin's death and said his family had been notified. Irwin, 44, was director of the Australian Zoo in Queensland.

He and his American-born wife Terri Irwin became popular figures on Australian and international television through Irwin's close handling of wildlife, most notably the capture of live crocodiles.

Irwin's enthusiastic approach to nature conservation and the environment won him a global following. He was known for his exuberance and use of the catchphrase "crikey!"

But his image suffered a setback in 2004 when he held his then one-month-old baby while feeding a crocodile at his Australian zoo.

Irwin's wife Terri was believed to be on location in Tasmania, filming another documentary.

Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer expressed his sorry Monday and said that he was fond of Irwin and was very appreciative of all the work he had done in promoting Australia overseas.

--------

I totally didnt believe it when I got online after work tonight and had a million friends scream MANDY STEVE IRWIN IS DEAD...but, shit..he is.

Apparently his wife doesnt know yet because she's in Tasmania deep in the forest without communication gear, but perhaps that's bullshit. Wow, he's like one of THE most famous people from down this end of the world...I'll miss the stupid bastard.

Useless little atoms are burning all the bridges
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:51:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Wow, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:52:49 AM)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars— mere globs of gas atoms. Nothing is 'mere'. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more? The vastness of the heavens stretches my imagination— stuck on this carousel my little eye can catch one-million-year-old light. A vast pattern— of which I am a part... What is the pattern or the meaning or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little more about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it? What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent."
"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing —that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
All by R. Feynman.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 3 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:54:55 AM)

Countdown to Steve Irwin facts. I'm going to start this new fad with this gem:

STEVE IRWIN ONCE ROUNDHOUSE KICKED A STING RAY IN THE CHEST!

Honestly though I didn't really care enough about the guy to you know, care.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:56:18 AM)

I find it funny how he died in a marine accident.

atleast it wasn't a croc
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 5 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 01:59:06 AM)

It would've been better if he had been eaten by a croc. Suitably ironic.

Damn, I'm actually kind of upset about this.
SUL
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it. - E.B White
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 6 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:01:33 AM)

And to go out in such crazy STYLE...man a fucking stingray lance through the chest, that is pretty badass. I guess it's what you get for insisting on sticking your nose right up Mother Nature's twat on a daily basis. She will fuck you up.

Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 7 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:03:17 AM)

Everything I know about Australia came from that guy. I never watched any of his documentaries, or his movie or even watched more than 5 minutes of his show but I'll miss that guy.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 8 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:16:14 AM)

Do you need to be held?

Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 9 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:35:47 AM)

I swear there's some animal justice book begging to be written about all this.

STINGRAY TO THE MOTHERFUCKIN' CHESSSSSSSST
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

A guy walks into a bar, and orders six shots. The bartender pours them, and he slams them back as fast as he can.
"Woah, buddy!" The bartender says, "why are you drinking so fast?"
"You'd be drinking fast too, if you had what I have," the guy says, gravely.
"Oh," the bartender says, "what do you have?"
"Seventy-five cents."

"Africa is to be pitied, worshipped or dominated. Whichever angle you take, be sure to leave the strong impression that without your intervention and your important book, Africa is doomed."
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 10 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:40:39 AM)

THERE ARE MOTHERFUCKIN STINGRAYS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKIN REEF
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 11 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 02:58:24 AM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
Do you need to be held?
No I'll just take this tragedy as a wake up call to question my own mortality and contemplate possibly beefing up my chest to protect my fragile self.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 12 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:05:13 AM)

I'm pretty sure it would have been much sadder for him to die of something lame.

This was awfully fucking badass.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:08:02 AM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
Do you need to be held?

~raises paw~

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 14 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:09:03 AM)

He was filming a documentary about the Stingray, hoping to dispell the myth that these creatures are dangerous.....................lol. The final lesson Mother Nature had to teach Steve was STFU BITCH I AM DANGEROUS.

Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 15 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:13:31 AM)

Quoted from Snowqueene:
He was filming a documentary about the Stingray, hoping to dispell the myth that these creatures are dangerous.....................lol. The final lesson Mother Nature had to teach Steve was STFU BITCH I AM DANGEROUS.
If...only...there was...a way for him to have known...that these creatures...could sting...
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:18:55 AM)

Quoted from Dante:
Quoted from Snowqueene:
If...only...there was...a way for him to have known...that these creatures...could sting...

That was such a 599 moment baby.

kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 17 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:22:29 AM)

I really had no idea Steve Irwin was so well-loved until he died and the whole internet burst into tears.

I guess he went out with a certain flair.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 18 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 03:36:46 AM)

what matters is that he died doing what he loved: trying to get killed

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 19 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 05:03:38 AM)

He's catching angels and kissing them in heaven now. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

This makes me feel bad about this. Like, even more than how bad I feel just because it's so unfunny.

Also in that flash: proof that I predicted his death!
bradism.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 20 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 05:11:56 AM)

Does anyone else just really want to see the footage of that?
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 21 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 05:19:48 AM)

I dont watch videos of people dying; im not a sick fuck, just a dirty one.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 22 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 07:14:16 AM)

I think I might have been living in a parallel universe because I have no idea of who this crazy fuck was.
Šonne onwęcneš eft wineleas guma, gesihš him biforan fealwe wegas, bažian brimfuglas, brędan fežra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Žonne beoš žy hefigran heortan benne, sare ęfter swęsne. Sorg biš geniwad žonne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfeš, greteš gliwstafum, georne geondsceawaš secga geseldan; swimmaš oft on weg. Fleotendra ferš no žęr fela bringeš cušra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Samson

The Sadducee Strangler

Ballkicks: (+43 / -27)
Reply 23 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 07:15:26 AM)

Australia misses him MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS.

I hope he got to see Snakes on a Plane.
frosty
This ban belongs to frosty now

I want Frosty to take my anal virginity!!1

Ballkicks: (+68 / -9)
Reg. Date: Aug 2005
Reply 24 of 121 (Originally posted on: 09-04-06 07:24:10 AM)

Quote:

Apparently stingray accidents are extremely rare - they've only caused 4 recorded Aussie fatalities and the last one of those was in 1949.

It's doubly ironic then that Irwin was killed by an animal he was trying to prove wasn't dangerous, after having survived numerous encounters with monsters so deadly that even he acknowledged they were rather scary.

Quote:
what matters is that he died doing what he loved: trying to get killed

They should make that his epitaph.
Congratulations! You've just been tuned in by the Frosty Service Crew, INTL's no.1 casual firm...
This reply was last edited on 09-04-06 02:34:57 PM by frosty.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10268 | Total Posts: 121 ]