Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > New "Survivor" a Race Among Races > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 7183 | Total Posts: 60 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
(Originally posted on: 08-23-06 09:42:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

omg yah rite fag lol
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/23/earlyshow/series/survivor/main1926528.shtml

Quoted from CBS News:
New 'Survivor' A Race Among Races
Probst Reveals Contestants And Controversial Tribe Change

NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2006

(CBS) In just a couple of weeks, the new season of "Survivor" takes 20 castaways to the Cook Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

They will be split into four tribes, but how they will do that is guaranteed to be a talking point. For the 13th installment of the series, producers have yet another controversial way to begin the game: 20 people, four tribes — each divided by race.

Jeff Probst is back as host of "Survivor: Cook islands" and spoke with The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith about the controversial new season, which premieres Sept. 14 at 8pm ET on CBS.

Smith asked Probst whether the new way of dividing the "Survivor" contestants was a good idea for a reality show.

"Well, that's probably one of the reasons it will be interesting and controversial, maybe, as you say. I know, from where I sit, I found it to be one of the freshest ideas we've had going back to the beginning of this show in season one," said Probst.

Smith asked him if this new twist was taking the reality show too far.

"I think at first glance, when you just hear the idea, it could sound like a stunt. Especially with the way reality has gone, it wouldn't be unusual. But that's not what we're doing here. The idea for this actually came from the criticism that 'Survivor' was not ethnically diverse enough," he said. "Because, for whatever reason, we've always had a low number of minority applicants apply to the show. So we set out and said, 'Let's turn this criticism into creative for the show. I think it fits in perfectly with what 'Survivor' does — it is a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment, which is taking the show to a completely different level."

How did the new players react when they were told they would be divided by race?

"The reaction was mixed. (Contestant) Yuhl wasn't sure. Yuhl was concerned we were going to turn this into something that would show stereotypes and reinforce them," Probst said. "On the other hand, you have people like Rebecca, who said, 'I don't really care how you divide it because I know that I need a certain amount of people to be on my side to help me get through this.' Ultimately, to win this game, you're voting people out that are then on the jury that have to come back and vote for you. So, the person who wins is actually going to do the best job of merging with all different ethnicities."

Smith asked Probst if he thought the tribal divides would divide the viewing audience as well.

"I think it's very likely," he said. "In fact, our original idea was simply to have the most ethnically diverse group of people on TV. It wasn't until we got to casting and started noticing this theme of ethnic pride that you're alluding to. So, yes, I think it's very natural to assume that certain groups are going to have audience members rooting for them simply because they share ethnicity. At the end of the day, I think it will come down to what it always comes down to: who do I like?"

Probst announced the new crop of castaways and the tribes that they will be divided into:

African-American Tribe:
# Make-up artist, Rebecca Borman, 34, from Laurelton, N.Y.
# Jazz musician and recording artist Sekou Bunch, 45, of Los Angeles
# Nursing student Stephannie Favor, 35, of Columbia, S.C.
# Retail salesman Nathan Gonzalez, 26, of Los Angeles
# Sundra Oakley, 31, an actress from Los Angeles

Asian-American Tribe:
# Nail salon manager Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui (pronounced Cowboy), 42, from Christianburg, Va.
# Attorney Becky Lee, 28, of Washington, D.C.
# Management consultant Yul Kwon, 31, of San Mateo, Calif.
# Real estate agent Jenny Guzon-Bae, 36, of Lake Forest, Ill.
# Fashion Director Brad Virata, 29, of Los Angeles

Hispanic Tribe:
# Heavy metal guitarist Billy Garcia, 36, of New York
# Professional volleyball player J.P. Calderon, 30, of Marina Del Rey, Calif.
# Police officer Cristina Coria, 35, of Los Angeles
# Waiter Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, 25, of Venice, Calif.
# Technology risk consultant Cecilia Mansilla, 29, of Oakland, Calif.

White Tribe:
# Copier salesman Adam Gentry, 28, of San Diego, Calif.
# Writer-producer Jonathan Penner, 44, of Los Angeles
# Boxer-waitress Parvati Shallow, 23, of Los Angeles
# Performer-roller girl Jessica Smith, 27, of Chico, Calif.
# Pre-med student Candice Woodcock, 23, of Fayetteville, N.C.

And now some commentary from the resident black chick.

This is bullshit.

Some things I found interesting about the candidates for the show:

1. Each minority racial category has a participant with a stereotypical occupation. The black "jazz musician." The Asian "nail salon manager." The Hispanic "waiter."
  2. I find it amusing that one of the white participants is named "Parvati," a traditionally Asian (specifically Asian-Indian name).
  3. The attempt at a level playing field using a quota system for ethnicities in a game with a theme revolving around "survival of the fittest." (Affirmative action, anyone? This game has the same [mis]conceptions about defining what "fair competition and equal opportunity" for minorities should accomplish.)
  4. Race controversy is the new "audience appeal factor." I honestly don't see this reality show doing anything but highlighting superficialities and regurgitating harmful stereotypes from time to time.
  5. Sadly, this is portraying reality accurately because it's a microcosm of what race theory and relations is to America: a superficial novelty of entertainment that's navigated through thoughtlessly without recognizing the negative assumptions that went into the framework.

I'm done my little rant/opine for the night. If anyone chooses to say that my analysis hedges on race and I should be looking at the individual's merit: I did the same level of evaluation CBS did when setting up their concept. Any comments on this story?

(For the sake of my sanity, I plan to distance myself from the debate.)

A link to commentary about the show concept: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14482071/
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"

"Africa is to be pitied, worshipped or dominated. Whichever angle you take, be sure to leave the strong impression that without your intervention and your important book, Africa is doomed."
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-23-06 09:55:55 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I just want to respond to point number one...

Isn't a fucking copier salesman a pretty stereotypical job for a white guy? I'd think so.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 2 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-23-06 10:06:11 PM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
I just want to respond to point number one...

Isn't a fucking copier salesman a pretty stereotypical job for a white guy? I'd think so.

Point noted. Bases are fully loaded.

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"

"Africa is to be pitied, worshipped or dominated. Whichever angle you take, be sure to leave the strong impression that without your intervention and your important book, Africa is doomed."
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-23-06 10:09:35 PM)

That being said, I guess your original point still stands...

But ain't that the way it's always been? It seems to me that most minorities I meet would seem more interested in this sort of competition. A lot of people I know don't care, but there exists a bit of a persecution complex that one might feel resolved by watching their fellow minorities attempt to "stick it to the man"
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 4 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-23-06 10:15:30 PM)

What are the odds that 1 out of 5 would contain one of a few occupations that are considered stereotypical. I'd say pretty good. Stupid idea anyway, but I'd imagine it will be good for ratings cause its controversial and people want to see their race win. I won't be watching.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 5 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-23-06 10:21:30 PM)

Thirteen of the cast members are from California. Just an observation.
But on the race thing-I think it's mostly a ploy to stir the pot and get Survivor some publicity (especially since people are losing interest in the show). I think the only thing they could have done that waould create more controversy than race would be sexual orientation. I'm not going to watch it, but it should be interesting to see how the public reacts.
sukkit 7: one day my grandchildren will sit down by the fire and I'll tell them the story of the arena
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 6 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 12:44:31 AM)

they shoudl play race=themed games like basketball for blacks, starcraft for asians, whatever hispanic people do, and creating civilization for whites

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 12:47:41 AM)

Sounds like good ratings to me.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 8 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 01:43:28 AM)

I would only watch it if there was a german race and a jew race.
Yeah, eating chips and snogging boys and smoking and everything!
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 9 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 01:49:13 AM)

If i was watching this show for whatever reason, like if it was 5 am and nothing else was on, i'd want the white team to win the current contest.
Because, you know, i don't want those fucking blacks or asians on the show to get all cocky and think they're better than us.

Don't pretend you wouldn't feel that way too.
DRAHNIER
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 10 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 02:33:52 AM)

I'll probably watch some, but just because my roommate likes the show. I think the race factor won't really change the actual show too much, but it might strengthen your alliance with your original tribe later in the game.
girlsgonedocile
The Whole Sick Crew

like a daydream or a fever

Ballkicks: (+40 / -7)
Reg. Date: Jul 2006
Reply 11 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 02:42:20 AM)

I don't get why it's controversial. America really needs to become able to distinguish race and racism. The way it seems to me is that everyone is way too touchy about race. No one would care if they segregated the tribes by male and female or young and old, why should race be any different? As long as they treat each tribe equally it should be okay. I know someone will rebutt with "that's what they said about segregation", but this is not real life it's a game show, and the tribes are a plot element. It's not an allegory of ethnicities struggling to win against each other, it's just fucking Survivor. America is way too uptight about race. I got no problem with the racial tribe idea, unless they name them the jigaboo tribe and the honkymendora tribe or something.

The fact that this is controversial is really the problem. As long as they pick rational, normal people for the game it shouldn't bring up harmful stereotypes. And if they do have some really racist ass people in every tribe, that shit is going to be very entertaining. From the little I've seen of newer survivor they end up mixing up the tribes half way through.

I guess we'll have to see how they approach it, because I agree with Skye that it could be harmful if done wrong, but I also strongly believe that we need to stop treating race like it's a diseased rat or we'll never see equality because of our unwillingness as a society to discuss anything involving it. They say communication is the biggest problem in failing marriages, and I think that that applies on a massive social level as well. Avoidance solves absolutely nothing.
start diggin'
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 12 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 09:16:15 AM)

If they were choosing stereotypical occupations wouldn't one of the black contestants be in prison?

Anyways, I won't watch this. Not out of dislike for the idea (which I do dislike) but for the fact that I hate reality television.

I think that it's bullshit on both sides that this is going to be a show. America needs to quit thinking people are special just because of the color of their skin.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 13 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 09:43:10 AM)

Quoted from girlsgonedocile:
I don't get why it's controversial. America really needs to become able to distinguish race and racism. The way it seems to me is that everyone is way too touchy about race. No one would care if they segregated the tribes by male and female or young and old, why should race be any different? As long as they treat each tribe equally it should be okay.

Because race relation problems have hardly been solved because people view them so superficially.

Quoted from girlsgonedocile:
I guess we'll have to see how they approach it, because I agree with Skye that it could be harmful if done wrong, but I also strongly believe that we need to stop treating race like it's a diseased rat or we'll never see equality because of our unwillingness as a society to discuss anything involving it. They say communication is the biggest problem in failing marriages, and I think that that applies on a massive social level as well. Avoidance solves absolutely nothing.

I agree with the fact that racial problems should be dealt with; however, in the meantime, entertainment ideas like this one are not the way to start the dialogue. It's crap. I think the nature of the controversy for this show is how the motivations for the "race tribes" are so faulty and superficial.

goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 14 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 10:26:14 AM)

How can anyone say its steretyping when every nail salon I've ever seen was owned or managed by an asian? Or that pretty much any jass musician I've ever seen on television, in concert, or on CD, is a black person?

It's just a stupid reality show (Like every other survivor season) that's trying to get ratings. Many here see that but honestly, Skye, why get so worked up? Maybe its just me but when I wake up I don't automatically have this weird connection with everyone else in the world thats white, and honestly I don't care what happens to any race. It's on a person to person basis in my book. People over reacting to this make me think they have some sort of responsibility to fight things like this.

Maybe the show uses this race mechanism to get the viewers, but then it shows the viewers that race has nothing to do with wether you can or cannot survive. It's all about the individual. It might be a little better if all of the different races spoke only their native language. But who know's, it just sounds like a hook.

I never understood the show in the first place. It's contrived, and certainly no where near actually having to survive somewhere. Get one person and alienate them on an island. Don't let them know they're being filmed, and just see if they survive. That would be a good show. The current one? Pure crap.

All their doing with the new hook is putting a huge flashing sign above it saying, 'Well Looky here!'.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 15 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 11:37:48 AM)

Quote:
they shoudl play race=themed games like basketball for blacks, starcraft for asians, whatever hispanic people do, and creating civilization for whites

Grass cutting
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 16 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 01:53:50 PM)

Quoted from Aaron:
How can anyone say its stereotyping when every nail salon I've ever seen was owned or managed by an asian? Or that pretty much any jass musician I've ever seen on television, in concert, or on CD, is a black person?

Because the world doesn't operate on the basis of what you see everyday. Members of other races operate nail salons, and members of other races are jazz musicians.

Quoted from Aaron:
It's just a stupid reality show (Like every other survivor season) that's trying to get ratings.

No one's disputing that.

Quoted from Aaron:
Many here see that but honestly, Skye, why get so worked up? Maybe its just me but when I wake up I don't automatically have this weird connection with everyone else in the world thats white, and honestly I don't care what happens to any race.

I do, obviously for different reasons. I'm a member of a minority group. No matter what accomplishments I have as an individual, my job when I meet a person unfamiliar with me personally is subconsciously debunking any assumptions that society has associated with my group. This debunking is completely out of my control and often times done unconsciously, and it's fueled by ill-conceived attention stunts by the entertainment media like this one.

Quoted from Aaron:
It's on a person to person basis in my book.

Gold star!

Quoted from Aaron:
People over reacting to this make me think they have some sort of responsibility to fight things like this.

We do. History can't repeat itself or be forgotten, so actions like these in entertainment are hardly harmless or innocent when viewed in the larger scheme of history. Motives have to be considered. Assumptions have to be reviewed and conclusions have to be reached if this attention is positive or negative, and how it reflects on the public as a whole.

Quoted from Aaron:
Maybe the show uses this race mechanism to get the viewers, but then it shows the viewers that race has nothing to do with wether you can or cannot survive. It's all about the individual.

So why split each tribe up according to race in the first place? Why not have randomly chosen tribes, or, to bolster "diversity" in the game, simply choose more people of other minority groups. They found 20 minority candidates for this season; why couldn't it do the same for other seasons if there was a perceived "diversity problem?"

Quoted from Aaron:
It might be a little better if all of the different races spoke only their native language. But who know's, it just sounds like a hook.

...If all the people in the different racial tribes are American, presumably (but not necessarily) they'd speak English, especially if they were born here. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about here.

Quoted from Aaron:
I never understood the show in the first place. It's contrived, and certainly nowhere near actually having to survive somewhere. Get one person and alienate them on an island. Don't let them know they're being filmed, and just see if they survive. That would be a good show. The current one? Pure crap.

That'd be incredibly difficult conceptually and legally.

Quoted from Aaron:
All their doing with the new hook is putting a huge flashing sign above it saying, 'Well Looky here!'.

And people will look for all the wrong, superficial reasons.

ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 17 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 02:20:25 PM)

I personally think this is hilarious.

I love how the tribes are named. White and Hispanic, and then Asian-American and African-American. It's like a cruel reminder.
Red or blue pill, what would you do
When the same niggas you love got hate in they blood?
I know God's watching over me; so is the Feds.
When love turns to hate and niggas rather you dead,
Lord have mercy. Jesus Christ,
All the bad I've done, will you still protect my life?
Maybe, maybe not.
Until then I keep a extra clip for that Glock.
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 18 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 02:32:50 PM)

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Aaron:
How can anyone say...

Because the world doesn't operate on the basis of what you see everyday. Members of other races operate nail salons, and members of other races are jazz musicians.
Yes I know this but it isn't stereotyping to relate an item with its majorty user. Stereotyping isn't racism or offensive its simply generalization.

Quoted from Skye:
...No matter what accomplishments I have as an individual, my job when I meet a person unfamiliar with me personally is subconsciously debunking any assumptions that society has associated with my group.
This is true for anyone on the planet, not just blacks.

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Aaron:
People over reacting...
We do. History can't repeat itself or be forgotten, so actions like these in entertainment are hardly harmless or innocent when viewed in the larger scheme of history. Motives have to be considered. Assumptions have to be reviewed and conclusions have to be reached if this attention is positive or negative, and how it reflects on the public as a whole.
I'm pretty sure they aren't making this show to pat Hitler on the back and say, 'We'll get'em again one day!'

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Aaron:
Maybe the show...
So why split each tribe up according to race in the first place? Why not have randomly chosen tribes, or, to bolster "diversity" in the game, simply choose more people of other minority groups. They found 20 minority candidates for this season; why couldn't it do the same for other seasons if there was a perceived "diversity problem?"
That's more a question of formatting the show, not of racist agenda. So they only chose four races, I'm sure you'd be just as mad if they chose twenty different ones.

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Aaron:
It might be...
...If all the people in the different racial tribes are American, presumably (but not necessarily) they'd speak English, especially if they were born here. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about here.
I was more trying to say if they made the show about true races, not 'African-Americans' but just 'Africans' (etc), then it would be more of a race of the races. If we're all American then its just gonna be lazy people whining about having to poop in a hole.

It's kind a silly point to bring in the minority card in this situation. I mean if they have four groups of five people each then really is anyone a minority there? No.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 19 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 02:37:35 PM)

y'all think i could get on the black team if i had my gators on?
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 20 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 03:48:45 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
y'all think i could get on the black team if i had my gators on?

Nah, man, you need Tims or Lugz for that shit. Wear boots.

Preview: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Warrior25/survivor/?action=view¤t=S-13E-S-Promo26818-36770.flv

And Aaron, it doesn't matter if it's a million different races up there competing; superficial bullshit like this show only fosters more negative stereotyping and encourages rather than discourages historical accountability and effects of racism in America. Hell, even your analysis of the show smacks of its problems and why it's shit. You don't fix a toilet by taking more shits in the broken bowl; it'll just smell and look shittier and do nothing.

ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 21 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 04:15:31 PM)

Quote:
Nah, man, you need Tims or Lugz for that shit. Wear boots.
Don't forget the Kangol.
Maybe, maybe not.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 22 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 04:25:31 PM)

Quoted from Skye:
I do, obviously for different reasons. I'm a member of a minority group. No matter what accomplishments I have as an individual, my job when I meet a person unfamiliar with me personally is subconsciously debunking any assumptions that society has associated with my group. This debunking is completely out of my control and often times done unconsciously, and it's fueled by ill-conceived attention stunts by the entertainment media like this one.
Some might say that you're only promoting the stereotype of the angry black person who thinks that the entire world is full of racists ready to 'get' them.

Realistically though, we all know this is part of a great Jewish conspiracy, right?
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 23 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 04:33:49 PM)

This is only an issue because idiotic people are making it an issue. If everyone is equal and then color of skin doesnt matter, then it doesnt matter that the tribes just so happen to be split up the way they are. People are just playing into the producers hands by making it an issue. It angers me about how uptight people are today.
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 24 of 60 (Originally posted on: 08-24-06 05:41:02 PM)

I hope the next one is Christians vs. Muslims vs. Jews vs. Rastafari.
Maybe, maybe not.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7183 | Total Posts: 60 ]