Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > timeouts > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2213 | Total Posts: 17 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 07-16-06 08:04:39 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The site has been timing out for me periodically, then it comes back up without any problems. I think it's a network issue from my hosting provider, as I can't even ping the server, and when I can access the server again, nothing is stressing it. If you want to discuss this do so here.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 1 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-16-06 08:37:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well...I'm glad it's not just me?
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 2 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-16-06 08:52:10 PM)

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I was ready to go kick my router.
Sul
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 3 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-17-06 07:46:09 AM)

I called up my hosting provider and they basically said on the automated message that everything is fucked up, that they're working to fix it, and that there's no other info available at this time. Fuckers. Guess we'll just have to sit and wait.

EDIT: They seem to have fixed the issue. Let me know if it starts happening again.
This reply was last edited on 07-17-06 02:03:02 PM by etymxris.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-17-06 04:26:36 PM)

it's uh... getting very difficult to remain on INTL. After visiting a few threads or a few forums, INTL will slow down and stop working for me (it usually lasts 5 minutes) then it starts all over again. If this is related, I don't think it's over yet.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-17-06 04:37:27 PM)

Yeah, shit's definatly still happening.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 6 of 17 (Originally posted on: 07-17-06 04:47:46 PM)

I just called them up, they're replacing a switch. It's affecting all their servers in Detroit.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 7 of 17 (Originally posted on: 08-13-06 03:40:10 PM)

Soooo much downtimeeeee /whines.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 8 of 17 (Originally posted on: 08-13-06 05:10:30 PM)

Well I was using afraid.org for DNS hosting. But apparently they've been under attack recently. They're main page used to read (now it doesn't load even):
Quote:
you win.. whoever you are...

you can call your bots off me now....

this is really pointless... whoever is doing this...

if your one of tens of thousands of people i have had to kick... my message to you is ...

realize i live in a country/society with laws.. yadda yadda yadda...

i assure you its nothing personal... really...

i do not enjoy having to kick people... at all... its very unexciting... seriously...

if you use my servers for illegal stuff ... i CANT host it by law... its that simple... i didnt make the laws...

I asked Sandamnit to update the nameservers. Until that happens or until afraid.org is no longer under attack, we'll continue getting these problems.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 9 of 17 (Originally posted on: 08-13-06 05:16:55 PM)

Add this to your hosts file to get around DNS problems.

Quote:
208.64.37.112 interestingnonetheless.net forums.interestingnonetheless.net images.interestingnonetheless.net uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net avatars.interestingnonetheless.net

That should all be on one line. It will correct the problem for you and you only.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 10 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-06-06 02:10:30 PM)

So that last timeout lasted like an entire day.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 11 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-06-06 02:33:37 PM)

It wasn't on our end, but the hosting company's, so there wasn't anything we could do about it.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
cunterhoXen
damn, i am good
mass pms are gay and annoying, faggot

As witty as... well, he's not witty. But atleast he's annoying, the strange fetish for \

Ballkicks: (+23 / -18)
Reg. Date: Sep 2006
Reply 12 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-06-06 06:18:41 PM)

it took a plunger and a bit of elbow grease, but i fixed it
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 13 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:07:52 AM)

For some reason, the server had been limited to 512M RAM for quite some time. I somehow did this when trying to set the machine up to use Xen. Well, I turned that off and the full memory is being used, and it seems a bit snappier too. I guess I'll have to use UML instead of Xen.

Basically, what this means is that the server should be a bit faster from now on and will not turn to molasses whenever I try to do admin stuff.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 14 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-14-06 06:24:41 AM)

Ah, I see now. I was wondering why it was slow yesterday
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 15 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-24-06 03:58:25 PM)

mysql somehow got hosed, and that's why it said "I'm backup up the database" for 12 hours. Perhaps I really should backup the database.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 16 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-24-06 04:33:48 PM)

You mean you didn't backup the database? Oh bummer.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 17 of 17 (Originally posted on: 11-24-06 04:37:45 PM)

No data was lost. It's just that it said I was backing up the database when I wasn't. Also, the site was down for 12 hours.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2213 | Total Posts: 17 ]