Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > "HI I'M NEW" Thread > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31 ] [ Thread Views: 69773 | Total Posts: 757 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-17-06 01:17:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

At the beginning of INTL, a similar thread existed, created by Sandamnit.

If you post in this thread for any purpose other than what it is meant for, you've earned yourself a ban of whatever I feel like doing at the moment.

It has been suggested by many to resurrect the idea. Here is the chance to see how it works.

The purpose of this thread is for people who desire to introduce themselves. Even if you're not new, but wish for new people to know a little bit about you, post a short introduction here. For the new people, you can tell us a little bit about yourself so that we can understand who you are a little bit better.

Optimistically, this will help reduce the spitefulness sometimes demonstrated by INTL "veterans" towards new people just because they are new.

Here's an example.

My username here is IF0. I am the co-owner of INTL now along with TRC and the help of our technical advisor etymyrxis. We took over the responsibility from Sandamnit, although he still remains an active user.

My real name is Richard Hamilton. Currently, I am a full-time student at Missouri State University. I am a double major in criminology and sociology with minors in anthropology and political science. Theoretically, I will graduate in the fall semester of 2007. After that, if all goes well, I will go to Illinois State University for 1 year to earn a MS in Sociology with emphasis in Applied Social and Economic Development. After that 1 year, I will spend 27 months in Peace Corps Service.

I reside in Springfield, MO. Originally, I lived in Alabama for 12 years.

Also, I like long walks on the beach and bunnies. I am the only person at INTL to recreate the goatse man. If you don't know what the goatse man is, then you probably don't belong at this forum.

YOUR TURN.

P.S. I have my own emoticon. leggo my eggo ifo
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[01:19] witty tirade: wait wait wait
[01:19] witty tirade: let me get this straight
[01:19] witty tirade: I'm the thin attractive one
[01:19] witty tirade: and you, the fat one, are making fun of me?
[01:19] witty tirade: no sir I do not believe it.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 1 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-18-06 12:48:08 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm... new, obviously, but I'm not sure what to say about me. I don't really want to give away any personal information quite yet, including my name--because it gives me a false sense of security.. and I like it.

Soon though, you'll probably find you'll not only know my name, address, height, weight, and shoe size, but probably eventually the color of my house, social security number, blood type, immunization record, personal contact information, and all my transcripts because I can't seem to shut up about myself. Not that I'm conceited, (not that I'm saying whether I may or may not be) but I seem to know myself pretty well, and I try to talk about what I know. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Now I've gone on for two paragraphs telling you nothing and everything about me at the same time.

I suppose I could also mention that I'm a bibliophile, and have somewhat of a tendency to be both a worrywart and a procrastinator.

I've been labeled "gamer girl", "nerd", and "tall", but mostly I'm just me.

Told you I couldn't shut up about myself.
This reply was last edited on 06-18-06 01:12:10 PM by just_dandy.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 2 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-18-06 12:55:00 PM)

You're not the only nerd or gamer here. Dunno so much about being tall though. kekeke u give soj???
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 3 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-19-06 09:44:14 AM)

Quoted from just_dandy:

Mary me
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 4 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-19-06 03:57:20 PM)

Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from just_dandy:

Mary me

What's wrong with your current name?
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 5 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 12:19:50 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from just_dandy:

Mary me

Yeah, I should probably mention I'm often confused with a troll.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 01:05:34 AM)

Quoted from just_dandy:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from just_dandy:

Mary me

There are no tall trolls...
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
IF0
Administrator

Reply 7 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 07:42:18 AM)

There are in Dungeons & Dragons.
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 8 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 08:46:21 AM)

I'm Tiger, or Andy, or Andrew, even.. I live in Australia. I have a girlfriend, but she could be like the guy Brad Pitt plays in Fight Club, I'm not sure (I mean imaginary, not violent and nihilistic).

I work at a shop that sells cameras and develops photos. In this way, I'm like Robin Williams in that movie where he works in a photo place. I spend all my money on CD's and as a result I am extremely skinny. I look like a heroin addict without clothes on, its a horrific sight. About the only thing I eat refularly is figs, as they grow on a tree in my yard.

I should be writing an essay right now but I've got a few hours until its due, so thats okay.

Things I like: Twin Peaks, JTHM, The Phantom. I'm sure there's more but those things are on my mind right now, as they often are while I am doing an important piece of work.

In addition, I play the drums. Badly.

Hey you all!
Tiger (obviously)
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 9 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 10:09:25 AM)

I'm Alloy, my real name is Irina. I'm into music and RPGs (all sorts, especially tabletop and MMO - sadly I'm too poor to own many of the latter) and I read too much for my own good. I speak my second language better than my first, am extremely lazy and have a strange laugh. I have a brilliant memory which unfortunately only works when I don't need it. So, for example, I often can't remember what day of the week it is, but I can remember weird bits of trivia about DnD or what mermaid syndrome is.

And I really suck at introducing myself.

EDIT: Tiger, you're like the fifth or sixth "Andy" I know on the Internet. Is it really such a common name or what?

Also, I want to know who set my title as "kerb" and what the hell it's supposed to mean.
This reply was last edited on 06-20-06 10:16:17 AM by Alloy.
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 10 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-20-06 03:57:30 PM)

Hello, my name is: Snook

I may often be called other things, such as "idiot", "dumbass", or "u fukn n00b" by those who know me less. I am a 17 year old male (surprise surprise) who lives in sunny (on occasion cold and windy) Boulder, CO. I'm enrolled in High School & the University. I play no instruments. I bike at least 10 miles a day (preferably more). I work at a fast food place, making pitas for grubby little brats, college drunks, and old hags. Wehn bored, I drink at work. I prefer water and various juices, but alchohol works too (beer is the best). I'm vegetarian, and have been for 3 months going. I have long, beautiful (others' words) blond hair. I enjoy posting at INTL and OD. I read various webcomics. I listen to a wide range of music (country and rap can go suck dick) and am, usually, an open person.
<drahnier> no i was in belgium with my parents, they always took me sailing when i was a kid
<drahnier> denmark, gewrmany, norway. england, lots of places
<Byc> the dreaded land of gewrmany!
<Snook> thats almost jewrmany
<Byc> not if hitler had his way
<Byc> it'd have been like jewrfew
<Byc> or jewrnone
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 11 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-21-06 03:03:55 AM)

Quoted from Alloy:
EDIT: Tiger, you're like the fifth or sixth "Andy" I know on the Internet. Is it really such a common name or what?

I only know one other person named Andrew, and thats offline. He dosen't call himself Andy though.

I think, really, the internet is the only place people can get away with stupid nicknames like "Andy" or "Tiger".

Also people can add me to MSN for chatting if they want: andrew.marlowe@hotmail.com

edit - I should mention I never add anyone, but please add me. I'm very lonely in the small hours of the night.
Tiger (obviously)
This reply was last edited on 06-21-06 03:57:37 AM by Tiger.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 12 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-21-06 03:53:39 AM)

Quoted from just_dandy:
Quoted from mmac:
Quoted from just_dandy:

Mary me

mmac would fuck a troll.
My name is Smokey. As some of you may know, I reclaimed my position as TEZ mod. There's been down-time for various reasons but...

You losers better start having sex, now.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-21-06 04:21:41 AM)

awesome, more people i cna call by their first name :sox:

also i'm robert, 19 years old, i live in a suburb next to seattle and i'm interested in film, literature, and journalism. i have an active imagination and a playful spirit that often manifests itsefl on the forums. also i don't believe in spell-checking my posts because i think a forum post should be worded and submitted in the whitest heat of its inspiration, to refer to the mind as a 'fading coal' as Shelley once (and forever) did....

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
redheaded_iswear

Ballkicks: (+35 / -15)
Reply 14 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-23-06 01:59:25 AM)

Hi, I'm pseudo-new. People call me a lot of things. I'll answer to just about anything. I live in Kansas City, Missouri. My car broke down, so i smoked it. I'm not even a fake redhead anymore. And yet, no one cares..... I guess that is why people should be banned for "Hi, I'm new!" threads.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 15 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-24-06 05:23:02 PM)

Hello.

I'm swiss.

I'm the good guy.

ps IFO, wanna create a CSI team? I do the excavation of the body and post mortem, you figure motive, crim, weapon, which room, and go be a hero.

Computer games don't affect kids! I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
IF0
Administrator

Reply 16 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-24-06 05:29:25 PM)

As long as can we hire the skanky lab assistants and I get blowjobs under the desk.
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 17 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-25-06 01:00:13 AM)

Hi, I'm new, look at me go. Of sorts.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 18 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-25-06 04:49:00 AM)

Wow it's Dufus. I once referenced you in a story I wrote about New Zealand four years ago.
bradism.
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reply 19 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-25-06 05:44:58 AM)

How very disconcerting.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 20 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-25-06 09:10:33 PM)

Hi, I am ice. I'm new! My roommates and I just moved into a new house and I don't have internet yet and I am stealing internet from my neighbor, 'chouinard', but I have to sit in the back yard to do it, so it's not really worth it most of the time. I live in San Diego and I go to UCSD when it's not the summer.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 21 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-26-06 12:05:47 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Hi, I am ice. I'm new! My roommates and I just moved into a new house and I don't have internet yet and I am stealing internet from my neighbor, 'chouinard', but I have to sit in the back yard to do it, so it's not really worth it most of the time. I live in San Diego and I go to UCSD when it's not the summer.

holy crap..i'm in san diego RIGHT. NOW.

shoot a flare gun into the air and i'll fidn you

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 22 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-27-06 01:10:00 AM)

RIGHT NOW

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 23 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-28-06 04:32:58 AM)

HOLY CRAP!
My name is Smokey. As some of you may know, I reclaimed my position as TEZ mod. There's been down-time for various reasons but...

You losers better start having sex, now.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 24 of 757 (Originally posted on: 06-28-06 01:58:29 PM)

i'm back ok

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 69773 | Total Posts: 757 ]