Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Trouble accessing INTL > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2307 | Total Posts: 22 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-01-06 11:01:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So for the past few weeks whenever I try to access INTL from my home computer it fails saying that it's not found or some jazz like that. So here I am on vacation with my laptop and lo and behold I can get on. I assume it's whatever the hell I had to change the last time I couldn't get on from my laptop. Of course I don't remember what I had to do, so the whole point of this is asking if someone remembers.

Thanks much.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-01-06 11:09:57 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Try adding the following to your hosts file (in C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc if you use Win2k/XP Pro...I don't remember where it is exactly on XP Home but it's something similar and I have no idea where it is on a Mac but if you use one you should know):
Code:
72.36.212.62     interestingnonetheless.net  
72.36.212.62 interestingnonetheless.com
72.36.212.62 forums.interestingnonetheless.net
72.36.212.62 forums.interestingnonetheless.com
72.36.212.62 images.interestingnonetheless.net
72.36.212.62 images.interestingnonetheless.com
72.36.212.62 uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net
72.36.212.62 uploaded.interestingnonetheless.com
72.36.212.62 avatars.interestingnonetheless.net
72.36.212.62 avatars.interestingnonetheless.com

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 12:08:13 AM)

Yup, that would be what I need. Thanks man, I'll have to fix it once I get home.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 3 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 02:22:57 AM)

So that message about the hosts file is not displayed anymore?

Also, people who don't post here and therefore haven't changed their hosts file cannot see images uploaded here, right? Just to confirm it.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 4 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 06:30:24 AM)

Hey guys when I show my friends links to pictures I uploaded they can't see them. What do I do?
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +v Jew
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +o Jew
<FlamingArrow> AHHHH ZIONIST TAKEOVER
*** FlamingArrow has left #INTL
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 5 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 06:52:33 AM)

We're moving INTL to a new server, so eventually it'll be fixed. TRC has disappeared though so I dunno the status.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[01:19] witty tirade: wait wait wait
[01:19] witty tirade: let me get this straight
[01:19] witty tirade: I'm the thin attractive one
[01:19] witty tirade: and you, the fat one, are making fun of me?
[01:19] witty tirade: no sir I do not believe it.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 6 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 09:20:33 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Hey guys when I show my friends links to pictures I uploaded they can't see them. What do I do?

Like Sukkit said, they won't be able to see them unless their hosts file is updated, too. Hopefully it'll all be fixed once TRC gets INTL moved to a new server.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 7 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 09:30:35 AM)

That happens on my parents computer.

Changing the host file never worked on that one, as i kept getting the same message, and now i just get a "page can't load" or something.
They have windows ME, a shitty computer, and probably an old explorer version.
DRAHNIER
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 8 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 10:22:01 AM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Quoted from Ztolk:

Like Sukkit said, they won't be able to see them unless their hosts file is updated, too. Hopefully it'll all be fixed once TRC gets INTL moved to a new server.

Yeah, it should be. I won't be around for just a ton of the move, but I imagine it'll go something like this:
1. Etymxris gets the the new server up at the colocation facility.
2. He starts transferring data.
3. Updates DNS with Sandamnit.
4. You wackos change your hosts files back to normal.

I won't be here for any of this, sadly, because I have to leave and go to South Carolina. But I'll cross my fingers that it works just for you guys.
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 9 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 11:52:10 AM)

I, for one, am touched.
e io etterna duro
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 10 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 02:15:47 PM)

The only avatar I can see still is TRC's.

IT'S A MONOPOLY
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 11 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-02-06 06:53:32 PM)

Every admin eventually joins the army.......

coincidence?

I just hope chimp will find the same enjoyment that Sandamnit acheived i'm a serial-killer :)
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 12 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-03-06 03:54:44 AM)

I can't really picture IF0 in the army.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 13 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-03-06 05:41:37 AM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
I can really picture IF0 as an army man in the Village People.

Me too. Then if they needed to make the letter 'O' in one of their songs they could just have him stand there as the other members wave's their hands around him.

Note to self: Work on waffle angle tonight.
I want you to know that even though we're sitting down we're giving you a standing ovation.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 14 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-03-06 02:40:58 PM)

I'm the only male in my family on both biological and 1 "step" side that hasn't been in the military, actually. Although I will be joining the Peace Corps.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 15 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-03-06 02:57:44 PM)

Quoted from TRC:
1. Etymxris gets the the new server up at the colocation facility.
2. He starts transferring data.
3. Updates DNS with Sandamnit.
4. You wackos change your hosts files back to normal.

Hopefully we can get the nameservers working first and everyone can clean out their host files before the new web server comes up. I think that will be the cleanest way to migrate. Then I'll just have to update the IP on the nameservers when the new web server is ready.
http://clevernothing.org
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 16 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-03-06 03:02:55 PM)

Please hurry up, we need newbies' blood to drink to remain young and pretty.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reply 17 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-06 09:49:11 AM)

It looks like Sandamnit updated the nameservers. While the changes may take some time to propagate to individual ISPs' caches, anyone should soon be able to access this site without changing their hosts file.

In fact, as soon as you are able, you should remove *.interestingnonetheless.* from your hosts file. The IP address will be changing again this coming week and you'll be accessing the old server if you don't fix your hosts file. I'll likely put up a notice on the old server for those that forget, but you can take care of it now and not have to worry later.

EDIT: It seems interestingnonetheless.net works but the .com isn't updated yet.
http://clevernothing.org
This reply was last edited on 06-04-06 09:54:15 AM by etymxris.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 18 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-06 04:36:40 PM)

I think I did it right, but maybe you should write specifically what it is we are supposed to be doing to our host files, so that no one else has to ask and IF0 doesn't have to call anyone else a bitch for not being able to simply divine this information?

i am raising my eyebrow
IF0
Administrator

Reply 19 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-06 04:43:16 PM)

That wasn't exactly why I said you had been a bitch lately, it was more the bitchy response you gave to *sigh*, as well as the picture thread bitch-fest. He's going to make a specific post for it later when he has time, detailing everything that's going on.

But for those of you who would like to figure out the information yourself:
Google it!

You're just doing the opposite of what you did before. If you get lazy, just do a search for a file called "hosts."

In XP, it's in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\.

It's the file called HOSTS. You open it with Notepad.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 20 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-06 10:13:49 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
Every admin eventually joins the army.......

coincidence?

I just hope chimp will find the same enjoyment that Sandamnit acheived i'm a serial-killer :)

He certainly deserves it, the prick.
DeathofSmokey: Smokey is the coolest guy I know.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-06 11:20:10 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
That wasn't exactly why I said you had been a bitch lately, it was more the bitchy response you gave to *sigh*, as well as the picture thread bitch-fest. He's going to make a specific post for it later when he has time, detailing everything that's going on.

But for those of you who would like to figure out the information yourself:
Google it!

You're just doing the opposite of what you did before. If you get lazy, just do a search for a file called "hosts."

In XP, it's in C:\\Windows\\System32\\Drivers\\Etc\\.

It's the file called HOSTS. You open it with Notepad.
but wait what do you do again with this host thing
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
IF0
Administrator

Reply 22 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-06 11:26:43 PM)

*IF0 slaps you around a bit with a large trout
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2307 | Total Posts: 22 ]