Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I spend money on the most ridiculous of things... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3181 | Total Posts: 30 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 05-16-06 01:20:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Like the motorcycle I just bought a couple weeks back.

It's a 1977 Suzuki GS750B. I gave the previous owner $675 for it, considering that it runs rather well and only needs a carb cleaning to keep it that way. The electric starter is burned out though, so I'm going to have to kick start the bastard everywhere I go (doesn't bother me though). On top of the bike, I got two brand new tires for free from the previous owner as well, about $150 worth of tread. The other problems are small inconveniences, like the horn, which has a broken switch.

I pick the bike up from the repair shop (they fixed the rear brake master cylinder and put the tires on) saturday, and I'll have my liscence by thursday next week, right in time to ride the bike to Nashville on her new owners' maiden voyage. It's rough, it needs work, but it runs great and is extremely reliable. Oh, and 45 mpg fuel economy is a good thing too, since I have to pay out the ass for premium for my Baja.

Does anyone else ride, or am I the first forum biker?
"In the past year, over 800,000 millions have died. Despite millions of dollars of research, death continues to be our nation's number one killer.

Although, so far there's no known treatment for death's crippling effects, still everyone can acquaint himself with the three early warning signs of death: one, rigor mortis; two, a rotting smell; three, occasional drowsiness.

It is also important to know what to do you when you die. 1) Don't try to drive a car. 2) Do not operate heavy machinery. 3) Do not talk."
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 01:41:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My dad does, and every year I decide I'm going to start biking and every year I put off getting my license ...

This year though LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

PS - Nice bike!
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 02:56:47 PM)

Both of my roommates are bikers, though I haven't gotten into it yet. Maybe when I get back.
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 3 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 03:17:51 PM)

I've had my license for a few years. I no longer have my bike though and I miss it. Hopefully I'll make enough this summer to get a new one, until the I'm stucking riding a suzuki savage when I desperately get the urge.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 4 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 03:37:55 PM)

My dad and a bunch of his friends ride. If I could afford one like yours I'd get it. Thats actually the exact type of bike I'd love riding. It isn't flashy and it preforms reliably.
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 04:14:44 PM)

I have a totally gnarly scooter

It goes 70 km/h downhill and has a homemade sticker of Jimi Hendrix & Fidel Castro
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 6 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 04:27:04 PM)

I ride and I'm a biker, but without the motor- thing.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 7 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-16-06 09:53:56 PM)

I was in a biker gang back in the day.

but then my Big Wheel broke
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 8 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 12:09:11 AM)

When I was looking at cars, I was seriously thinking about buying a motorcycle. My mom said that I couldn't buy one, and the 500 mile drives back home would also be a problem, so I didn't get one. But I really wanted to!
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Reply 9 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 06:58:06 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:
It isn't flashy and it preforms reliably.

That's one of the reasons I went with this bike, well, that and because it's cheap. It still needs a lot of work, but it runs fine and will be road legal when I fix the horn this weekend.

Quoted from ice:
My mom said that I couldn't buy one

What is it with mothers and motorcycles? My mother is the only person in my direct family that doesn't know I bought a bike, and she won't find out until I ride it up to my stepfather's lakehouse for the fourth of July. Hell, I even told him (stepfather), but he agreed to keep quiet about it until I ride it up north, and he's going to play dumb to the whole thing when I get there, just so he isn't in the doghouse for the rest of his life.

Quoted from Surt:
I have a totally gnarly scooter

Does it look something like this?

That's an old Honda Aero 80. I had one when I was growing up, about when I was 12 or so. Then I upgraded to one of these:

Until I wiped out on loose gravel when I was 15, with no protective gear whatsoever. We had the bike up until last summer in my great uncle's tool shed, but it was scrapped by my second cousin in search of money for crystal meth.

Hopefully I won't take any spills on the 750 during my Beginner's Riding Course (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) next week. I know I'm going to fall eventually, and the bike is going to take a bit of damage (that's why I bought old and cheap), but I don't want to embarrass myself further. Being that I'll be the only one kickstarting the bike, and riding the oldest bike in the class, and just making a bunch of rookie mistakes (haven't rode in 8 years).
"In the past year, over 800,000 millions have died. Despite millions of dollars of research, death continues to be our nation's number one killer.

Although, so far there's no known treatment for death's crippling effects, still everyone can acquaint himself with the three early warning signs of death: one, rigor mortis; two, a rotting smell; three, occasional drowsiness.

It is also important to know what to do you when you die. 1) Don't try to drive a car. 2) Do not operate heavy machinery. 3) Do not talk."
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 10 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 07:46:22 AM)

A HUMBLE TITLE THAT MISLEADS THE MASSES!
DeathofSmokey: Smokey is the coolest guy I know.
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 11 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 08:13:46 AM)

My father hasn't only horse traded that scooter but that exact honda as well, WI 0_0 I've driven both over a summer or so and they were a blast.

Where did you grow up, man? Its like we're practically neighbors.
Me
I am clothed and male.

To the rescue

Ballkicks: (+62 / -43)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 04:31:07 PM)

Nice bike.

I have a friend who just bought a moped (really it's more like a scooter). He's roughly 6'5, and he looks like an uncomfortable giant riding it. But, the gas milage is great.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 13 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 05:25:16 PM)

i've always wanted a motorcycle, but have never had the money to get one.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 14 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 05:46:08 PM)

Quoted from Aaron:
My father hasn't only horse traded that scooter but that exact honda as well, WI 0_0 I've driven both over a summer or so and they were a blast.

Wow, that's strange. I grew up and rode both of my previous bikes in the east central Illinois area. If you know anything about Illinois, then you might know that I'm referring to the part of the state south of Kankakee and north of Champaign. Nothing but cornfields and straight roads (occasionally gravel). Took my first and only rough spill just northwest of Gilman on the 175, at a corner on a road with loose gravel spilled all around it, around 20mph or so without a helmet or gear. I guess that's where I got the blatantly obvious brain damage I show from time to time. Must have taken out the social deviant corner of my mind.

Just out of curiousity, did your father happen to have a '76 Honda CB360T also? When we bought the 175 my dad got a 360 out of the guy for an extra $300. He never let me ride it, telling me it was too much bike for me when I was 15. When I finally ride the 750 down to see him on Memorial Day weekend, I'm going to tell him it's too much bike for him. i'm a serial-killer :)

Quoted from Smokey:
A HUMBLE TITLE THAT MISLEADS THE MASSES!

Well, considering I'm spending money so ridiculously frivolously lately (the bike, an Xbox 360, massive amounts of DVDs, etc), I'm probably going to regret buying the bike, and all the other things, when I get out of the army. With car payments, rent, and other miscellaneous bills, I'll probably be hurting for cash after a few months out. Oh well, got to enjoy it while I have it.

Quoted from Me:
Nice bike.

I have a friend who just bought a moped (really it's more like a scooter). He's roughly 6'5, and he looks like an uncomfortable giant riding it. But, the gas milage is great.

Mileage of scooters is fucking awesome, but you know that old saying about fat girls and mopeds? Yeah, wouldn't be caught dead on a moped right now. A fat girl, well, depends on whether she'd crush me or not. Or blow out the shocks on my bike.

goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 15 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-17-06 08:28:10 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
Quoted from Aaron:

Wow, that's strange. I grew up and rode both of my previous bikes in the east central Illinois area. If you know anything about Illinois, then you might know that I'm referring to the part of the state south of Kankakee and north of Champaign. Nothing but cornfields and straight roads (occasionally gravel). Took my first and only rough spill just northwest of Gilman on the 175, at a corner on a road with loose gravel spilled all around it, around 20mph or so without a helmet or gear. I guess that's where I got the blatantly obvious brain damage I show from time to time. Must have taken out the social deviant corner of my mind.

Just out of curiousity, did your father happen to have a '76 Honda CB360T also? When we bought the 175 my dad got a 360 out of the guy for an extra \$300. He never let me ride it, telling me it was too much bike for me when I was 15. When I finally ride the 750 down to see him on Memorial Day weekend, I'm going to tell him it's too much bike for him. i'm a serial-killer :)

Well, I've been in NC my entire life. I told my father about the bike thing and he said those were actually pretty popular back in the day. Maybe its just a southern thing (well sorta southern).

I've wrecked so many times on a bike. I think the worste was when I hit a tree and did a front flip over the handle bars. I also randomly slammed on the front breaks because I was bored and did the same thing.

Things on two wheels = fun.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 16 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 07:39:40 AM)

I had a Buell Blast for a little while, but I wasn't licensed for it, and only used it because I kept the previous owners post decal.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 17 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 10:41:41 AM)

Doesn't change the fact that I want your bike.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 11:33:44 AM)

Smokey, you're in Florida, aren't you? I happen to know a guy on SA with the same year/model bike I have, but he has a massive front fairing. He's looking to sell it also, but I'm not sure what he's asking. I've been talking to him more often lately mainly because I'm trying to learn as much about my bike as possible. His bike is in a lot better condition than mine, so he'd probably want something like $1500 for it.

GS series Suzukis are everywhere, just need to know where to look. Anything before '77 is a two stroke, however, so dodge '76 and prior unless you don't mind extra maintenance. These bikes are a bitch to find parts for also, being that Suzuki only makes parts for the required 10 years after production year, then drops the molds. Hondas are easier to find parts for, being that they are so prevalent, especially in the southeast.

Finally, if you are in Florida, you're a lucky bastard. Your state allows you to ride without helmets (not that I would), but they make you pay for No Helmet insurance (sometimes double the price of standard bike insurance). After a few years I'd probably get No Helmet insurance, but that wouldn't be until I'm extremely comfortable riding around in traffic.

Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 19 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 12:22:02 PM)

What's the appeal of not wearing a helmet? I know several people who have "taken advantage" of that law and most of them have had at least one trip to the hospital. Florida is one of the few places I'd make sure to wear a helmet.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 20 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 03:42:13 PM)

I have to wear helmets on these bikes anyway...sinus stuff. I have a lot of loser illnesses.

As much as I'd love to - I'm in college...I can't fucking afford a bike. I can hardly afford to eat.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-18-06 05:53:44 PM)

Leather is badass.
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 22 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-19-06 05:16:11 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
What's the appeal of not wearing a helmet? I know several people who have "taken advantage" of that law and most of them have had at least one trip to the hospital. Florida is one of the few places I'd make sure to wear a helmet.

It's just a personal decision. Honestly, I think if someone wants to ride without a helmet, they should have the option. Personal freedoms and such, yada yada. I think the same way about seat belts as well. If someone is dumb enough not to wear it, they deserve the injuries recieved during an accident, but it should be their choice.

Quoted from Dante:
Leather is badass.

So are Draggin' Jeans.

Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

Spanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 23 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-19-06 06:49:58 PM)

So I live in practically the same area as WI used to. My aunt is from Gilman. Kankakee is maybe 45 minutes away on 17.
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 30 (Originally posted on: 05-19-06 08:33:02 PM)

Wait, shit, you're 45 minutes out of Kankakee? Shit, my mother is out in Bonfield, west of Kankakee, about 20 minutes or so. Might have to make a run over to your town sometime when I'm home for some random holiday.

Going to get the bike in the morning, one of the people in my company is going to drag his trailer up to the shop and I'm going to spend most of the day getting back into the habit of riding a bike. It's going to be a long ass day, but I can't wait. Got to remember to buy a Skid Lid tomorrow also.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3181 | Total Posts: 30 ]