Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Question about combinations > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2997 | Total Posts: 29 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
(Originally posted on: 05-10-06 02:11:39 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What sorts of things is it absolutely not O.K. to combine alcohol with?

For example, will alcohol and benadryll kill me?

What about alcohol and tylenol PM?

Rapid release tylenol?
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 02:49:12 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

you're fucked go to a hospital right now
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 03:13:01 AM)

Alcohol and milk, for my taste.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 3 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 04:09:36 AM)

http://www.nd.edu/~webdev/alcohol_and_drug/services/alcohol_and_drugs.shtml
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 4 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 08:18:06 AM)

How about not mixing alcohol with painkillers or anything synthetic that you can put in your body for a cheap high.
Blogroll The Party Live
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 10:10:06 AM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
How about not mixing alcohol with painkillers or anything synthetic that you can put in your body for a cheap high.

This is the correct answer!
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 6 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 10:45:34 AM)

Don't mix alcohol with things that contain acetaminophen habitually. I know a kid who takes three tylenols every time he drinks to combat the hang-over; he's gonna die of cirrhosis of the liver. It's like double-plus damage to the liver. Alcohol and pot is straight. Alcohol and hallucinogens... well, never tried it, but don't see it doing anything too bad for you. The stimulant effect of the hallucinogen could off-set the depressing effect of the alcohol enough to allow you to drink too much.

Cocaine and alcohol go together beautifully, but fucking check yourself before you wreck yourself, fo' sho'. The ethyl alcohol and cocaine hydrochloride combine in your stomach (somewhere down there at any rate) to form what is called cocaethylene glycol. This new chemical is more euphorigenic, and also more carcinogenic, so don't be a badass.

Alcohol and painkillers is generally a no-no, but if you keep the drinking within reason there's really no reason to worry.

Moral of the story: don't be a fucking idiot.
e io etterna duro
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 7 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 05:27:42 PM)

Quote:
Don't mix alcohol with things that contain acetaminophen habitually

Yes and don't mix alcohol with large amounts of acetaminophen pills at all.

Like, the amount you'd need to take to get a strong effect from the codeine in them.

Edit: Also if you feel yourself ceasing to breathe in your sleep after mixing opiates and alcohol, wake up.
DRAHNIER
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 8 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 05:33:02 PM)

Seriously, whose dumb fucking idea was mixing codeine with inordinate amounts of acetaminophen? Who wants to kill off their customers?
e io etterna duro
This reply was last edited on 05-10-06 06:23:40 PM by ExtraKryspi.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 9 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 05:42:16 PM)

Well they probably don't want people to abuse the codeine too much.

There might be a law about how much acetaminophen a pill must contain compared to the codeine amount in order to be sold less restrictively, too.
I read something like that.

Otherwise people could just keep buying them and popping like ten pills at once to get high.
DRAHNIER
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 10 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-10-06 06:22:36 PM)

My mistake. I thought that was the point.
e io etterna duro
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 11 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-11-06 11:28:53 AM)

Just go smoke a bowl. I prefer smoking over drinking any day of the week, mainly because I never get headaches from it, I can still focus when I need to, and it makes everything easier to laugh at, and that includes Carlos Mencia.
"In the past year, over 800,000 millions have died. Despite millions of dollars of research, death continues to be our nation's number one killer.

Although, so far there's no known treatment for death's crippling effects, still everyone can acquaint himself with the three early warning signs of death: one, rigor mortis; two, a rotting smell; three, occasional drowsiness.

It is also important to know what to do you when you die. 1) Don't try to drive a car. 2) Do not operate heavy machinery. 3) Do not talk."
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 12 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-11-06 01:52:29 PM)

Come back when you smoke five joints a day and you've moved on to big boy drugs.
e io etterna duro
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 13 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 12:45:54 PM)

Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Seriously, whose dumb fucking idea was mixing codeine with inordinate amounts of acetaminophen? Who wants to kill off their customers?

Along with being a pain reliever, acetaminophen is also a fever reducer. When people are in intense pain, their body temperature elevates, and this condition mimics a fever in a physiological sense. Hence the acetaminophen helps normalize body temperature.

NSAIDS (such as ibuprofen) are also fever reducers, but they tend to be harsher on the stomach and the digestive organs and thus are generally not suitable to be combined with opiod analgesics.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 14 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 01:03:32 PM)

Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Come back when you smoke five joints a day and you've moved on to big boy drugs.

Doing big boy drugs doesnt make you cool, exciting or whatever. Hell it just makes you a total dumbass.
Blogroll The Party Live
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 15 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 04:52:35 PM)

Speak when spoken to, and don't speak seemingly knowingly of that which you do not know.
e io etterna duro
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 16 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 04:55:38 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
Along with being a pain reliever, acetaminophen is also a fever reducer. When people are in intense pain, their body temperature elevates, and this condition mimics a fever in a physiological sense. Hence the acetaminophen helps normalize body temperature.

NSAIDS (such as ibuprofen) are also fever reducers, but they tend to be harsher on the stomach and the digestive organs and thus are generally not suitable to be combined with opiod analgesics.
How intense does the pain have to be to really raise your temperature that much?
e io etterna duro
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 04:59:10 PM)

Quoted from ExtraKryspi:
Speak when spoken to, and don't speak seemingly knowingly of that which you do not know.

my god you are annoying
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 18 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 05:08:12 PM)

Quote:

The point is that they put so much more acetaminophen than codeine in them.

You'll get an acetaminophen overdose before even reaching high codeine levels, if you try to take the pills for the codeine alone.
DRAHNIER
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 19 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 07:25:03 PM)

Acetaminophen does its thing at a much higher dose than codeine, one would assume.
e io etterna duro
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 20 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 08:09:21 PM)

Well yeah, but theres still a lot more acetaminophen than codeine in them, compared to the dosage of the two substances needed to get sick from overdosing.
DRAHNIER
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 21 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 08:19:48 PM)

Uhh. Yeah. I wouldn't really expect two very different substances to have the same level of toxicity. I also wouldn't expect their effective doses to be equal in terms of proportion of a toxic dose. That's poorly worded but you get my drift.
e io etterna duro
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 22 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 08:25:38 PM)

Yeah, i disagree that "Acetaminophen does its thing at a much higher dose than codeine", though.

They could put a lot more codeine in those pills if they wanted to maximize their effect against pain, or their effect for anything at all.
Codeine does its thing better the higher the dose gets, too.

So the reason they put so little in there must be that the acetaminophen level is a way to prevent people from taking the pills to get high on codeine.
I thought that was the conslusion we reached before...
DRAHNIER
ExtraKryspi
i like your style kryspi

Reply 23 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 08:30:55 PM)

Yeah, I know, but I am at least willing to be open to the idea that there's a decent reason behind it. I can't find anything on codeine dosage though.
e io etterna duro
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 24 of 29 (Originally posted on: 05-12-06 08:37:39 PM)

Well the decent reason is that opiate addiction is considered a bad thing, which certainly has a point.
DRAHNIER
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2997 | Total Posts: 29 ]